Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is my sister a "pegasister"?

SparkBrony

Hallo Everypony,

So, I told my sister what pegsisters and bronies were, and now she claims she's a pegasister. She's only nine, and she's not registered on the forums, and doesn't really make or view any pony fan art or stuff like that (aside from her novice pony drawings on graph paper :).) just wondering, is there an age limit or something, or something a fan has to do to become a "pegasister"? Would my sister qualify as one? Just wanted to clear things up with her, thanks guys :)

• Brohoof 2

All you have to to be a brony or pegasister, in my opinion, is be part of the fandom. Is she part of the fandom? If so, then yes, she can be called a pegasister. You don't have to be registered on the forums or make anything for the fandom to be a brony/pegasister.

(edited)

I guess, if she watched the show she is possibly considered a pegasister. My older sister told me to watch the show. I became a pegasister. I told my little sister to watch the show (she is 10.) I'm not sure if your sister would be a pegasister. I guess if she watches the show. Most pegasisters and bronies, have at least a bit of mechandise, or are in some kind of brony group. I guess your sister would be considered a fan of the show. Not necessarily a pegasister. But you know, I know nothing.

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure why everyone is wondering about this whole 'age' thing when it comes to the terms.

If she loves the show, why not? If that is what she considers herself, then she might as well be, in my opinion. :)

• Brohoof 5

Similar to Blue_Moon, I think that being a brony or pegasister isn't something that requires so much 'initiation'. If you watch and enjoy the show, then that's certainly more than enough to call yourself part of the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Only real limit on it is that you can't be on this site until you're 13, if I remember right.

Other than that, no.  She can call herself what she likes.

Whatever would make you think that she is too young? The show is, after all aimed at younger girls. Though obviously she hasn't become a "fan" by just watching it. Just give her time, I didn't know anything about the fandom and it's many hobbies when I first watched the show and took an immediate liking to it.

i dont think so, since she is nine she still falls within the target audience of 5-12 year old girls. The terms brony and pegasister are usually used to describe people who like FIM and fall outside of the demographic, whether it is by age or gender.

Well I mean, it's hard to get specifics on what counts and doesn't count as brony and what not, right? It's more how you see the show than it is your age and what not. I'm pretty sure true bronies like the show, duh. But for what reasons? Little kids will watch almost any show, and like it. We (or most of us) watch the show and see the elements of it that really make it good. It's story line and inner humor, that takes an (at least slightly) matured mind to see and appreciate is what separates bronies/pegasisters from any fan of the show. I don't sound like I'm spewing shit out of nowhere right?

• Brohoof 2

Some people may nitpick and say that because she falls into the show's target demographic, she's not technically a pegasister or a Brony. 

But I say screw that.  :)  It's a free country and if she wishes to be referred to as a pegasister, that's perfectly fine in my opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds to me like she is just a fan of the show because remember you can watch the show and not be a brony or pegasister but if she claims it is her favourite show and she might look on the wiki she could be considered a pegasister

If she wants to be called one than that is fine by me, regardless of whatever label someone wants to be called or not called a fan is a fan as far as I am concerned.

Eh well shes interested in being one, so why not? Sure shes a little younger then the average and isn't involved in any communities, but eh if she wants to call herself a pegasister why not?

Besides I think shes possibly getting to be outside the target demographic anyways, so shes almost on that qualification anyways.

So if it makes her happy shes free to call herself whatever she wants.

Really everyones definition of a brony or pegasister is different though, so opinions could differ.

• Brohoof 1