Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Watercolour Fluttershy

Sweet Dreams

I decided to try my hoof at drawing. So, I drew Fluttershy. XD

I used watercolor pencils for it. It's my second time using them, so please excuse the epic fail-ness. XD

I'm pretty happy with the results, though, but I did her mane kinda wrong. :P

Also, I probably should have shaded it better. And detailed the flower a little more. But anyway, I'm kinda rambling now, so I'll just show you the drawing. XD

post-14338-0-58321900-1365667054_thumb.jpg

Constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged. :)

• Brohoof 14

Wow, it's awesome! You really sum up her innocence side. Also, to be honest, it is nearly as good as the actual Fluttershy. Ever thought of becoming a full time artist? 

Thanks so much! :)

I'm kind of more into photography, but I like drawing from time to time. I still don't know yet XD Also, I don't get to choose subjects at my high school until next year, so I guess I'll have a think about what I wanna do :P

• Brohoof 2

D'AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /)^3^(\

Ahem.

This is actually a legitimately awesome drawing. While the outlines aren't flawless, that just makes it look simplistic, which is a style and not a flaw at all. Similarly, the gradient style of the colors is really kewl-looking. Your schtyle is quite noische :3

As for her pose, she is SO BYOOTIFUL I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!! o3o I mean... that is seriously cute. I love the idea of her holding the tiny flower....such a simple image, yet so symbolic!

Great job! /)

*saves image to 'adorable ponies' folder* o3o

• Brohoof 1

Never heard of watercolor pencils. O_o However, this image looks pretty nice! I think you matched the colors very well, and the shading is pretty well done. Is this your first time drawing ponies?

I've drawn them a few times before, but not very much. I usually draw pokemon and dragons other stuff. XD

D'AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /)^3^(\

Ahem.

This is actually a legitimately awesome drawing. While the outlines aren't flawless, that just makes it look simplistic, which is a style and not a flaw at all. Similarly, the gradient style of the colors is really kewl-looking. Your schtyle is quite noische :3

As for her pose, she is SO BYOOTIFUL I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!! o3o I mean... that is seriously cute. I love the idea of her holding the tiny flower....such a simple image, yet so symbolic!

Great job! /)

*saves image to 'adorable ponies' folder* o3o

Thanks! :D I'm glad you guys liked it! 

• Brohoof 2

Wow! This is so cool!

I love how you did the shading. It looks really pretty while staying simplistic. The only thing I can find to rant about is the hooves are a little too small. Other than that, I think it's really great! smile.png

Thanks! And I did notice the hooves were a little small, but I couldn't be bothered fixing it. XD

Ooooooo! biggrin.png

This is so pretty! I wish I could draw like this! Her expression is adorable, and the shadings really good! smile.png

I love it so much! Good job! wub.png

Oh, wow! You're a new member! Welcome to the forums! You can start a welcome thread in the Welcoming Plaza if you want! :D

And thanks! 

• 1 year later...

I used watercolor pencils for it. It's my second time using them, so please excuse the epic fail-ness. XD

Also, I probably should have shaded it better. And detailed the flower a little more. But anyway, I'm kinda rambling now, so I'll just show you the drawing. XD

attachicon.gifFLUTTERS.jpg

Thanks! And I did notice the hooves were a little small, but I couldn't be bothered fixing it. XD

Oh, wow! You're a new member! Welcome to the forums! You can start a welcome thread in the Welcoming Plaza if you want! :D

And thanks! 

And thanks! 

attachicon.gifFLUTTERS.jpg

it would be much better if the lines were a bit thick and smooth and the left hoof looks like its made of paper and nice coloring work but you could have done it smoother ,even i use watercolor pencils and they are awesome but it me a lot of time to get famaliar with them because i never used anything that involves water or brushes etc.and by the way nice work with expressions.

Overall not bad, the colouring looks wonderful, and I like the pose you selected with the flower. Regarding the shape of the face, the top is a bit "squared", with the ear being on almost a corner (sorry if I'm not explaining it well), whereas Pony faces are circular (unless it's a stylistic thing). Did you do a light layer in pencil underneath for construction, or go directly with the colour pencils?

Really nice work; smooth and neat.

The proportions are a bit different from what I prefer, but that's personal taste.

-Maybe make the lines for the eyes a bit thicker

-some more shading could help to emphasize the chin

This is what I call genuine master watercolor pencil art.

The only problems is that her mane is too big, smile kind of small and the hooves are kind of covered by the flower...

(Did you use Faber-Castell pencils???)