Fluttershy Leans In  

137 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• NO! (I HATE IT! *two hooves down*)
    • …no… (I dislike it.)
    • Well… Um, it's…okay.
    • …yaaaaay… Too loud? (I like it.)
    • YAAAAYYY!!! (I LOVE IT! <3)

Note: Although the U.S. won't air it till next week, Canada aired this episode today. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Fluttershy Leans In

Air Date (Canada): April 30, 2017
Air Date (U.S.): May 6, 2017

Writer: Gillian M. Berrow

Summary: "Fluttershy is determined to make her career dreams come true with the help of some very special ponies. But when her true vision is not being executed properly, she must find a way to stand up and fight for her ideas."

Canada aired this episode earlier this morning. For those who want to see it early, I'm linking to the video (the audio's a little fuzzy, though):

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

Fluttershy was handled really well in this episode, and I really liked the vet and the farmer guy at the end. Though the only thing was that I didn't like the "experts." They were better at disagreeing with each other than their actual "expertise..."

Nonetheless, solid 9/10. Well done Hasbro.

• Brohoof 4

am I the only one wondering why the owners of these animals dropped them off at the vet and never came back for them? And why the animals aren't going back to their owners?

though I did like Fluttershy's character in this episode. It's a bummer that we never really heard about her dream until now, but since she, too, cres for animals, I can sort of see why she thought a sanctuary would be a good idea. Pleasantly surprised at seeing Big Daddy McColt return. I thought she'd call for Treehugger.

And I like that Starlight wasn't the focus of the episode. Hell, I didn't even mind the very tiny cameo she had in the background, at the tail end of the episode.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 5

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

am I the only one wondering why the owners of these animals dropped them off at the vet and never came back for them? And why the animals aren't going back to their owners?

Not all of them are owned. Many of these animals are wild, too.

• Brohoof 7

7 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Pretty sure those are wild animals. Like remember from Bridle Gossip, how apparently ponies normally take care of all animals just like they run nature and weather? And it's only in weird places like the Everfree Forest where animals care for themselves,

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 1

When Fluttershy mentioned she was going to get a friend in to help with the sanctuary, I totally thought it would be Discord. Like he'd just show up and snap the sanctuary into existence for her. That's what I'd do if I had a nearly God-like Chaos spirit for a friend anyway. Wasn't expecting one of the McColts, that's literally one of the last characters I'd have ever expected to return. Liking the continuity this season.

This one didn't have much of a real "Story" to it, it was kind of thin, but man did it show off Fluttershy's development well. She was assertive and firm with what she wanted the whole episode, even though the experts didn't listen to her. It seems all those confidence lessons have really, truly sunken in now. This is one of those episodes that made me feel a strangely real sense of pride for Shy. I liked it.

• Brohoof 9

I liked it a lot. It kind of started of slow and then went at a casual pace, but it used that time to really push Fluttershy forward... all those wondering about her dreams and goals can now hush. I was so happy when she stood up to the "experts" and to her friends.. and just as happy when they immediately just got behind her and supported her instead of doing the long song and dance of trying to question it. it was her dreams, her vision and she knew what SHE WANTED! And then, she stuck to it. Bravo Fluttershy! It is really close to if this is my favorite episode of the season so far. I'll probably post more thoughts on it later. For now...

8/10... heck probably a 9/10 the more i think about it.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4

21 minutes ago, Marimo said:

Pretty sure those are wild animals. Like remember from Bridle Gossip, how apparently ponies normally take care of all animals just like they run nature and weather? And it's only in weird places like the Everfree Forest where animals care for themselves,

Fluttershy said "Don't worry Doctor Fauna, you're the best vet in all of Equestria. At least that's what I've been telling everypony." EveryPony. Which I thought implies that these animals were owned by ponies. Why would a wild animal in Equestria go to a vet, when even normal pets hate vets?

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Fluttershy said "Don't worry Doctor Fauna, you're the best vet in all of Equestria. At least that's what I've been telling everypony." EveryPony. Which I thought implies that these animals were owned by ponies. Why would a wild animal in Equestria go to a vet, when even normal pets hate vets?

Well, it(everypony) means everyone in pony world no matter what animal, and Flutters can talk to animals, so she could have told that to wild animals too.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Because Fluttershy talks to animals. And all ponies seem to refer to everyone as "everypony" regardless of species, although I have heard them use everybody before, so I don't think there is a hard fast rule on the term.

I was ninjaed by Cerberus. :(

• Brohoof 3

Backgrounded Starlight

Angel got hurt

Giraffe waifu

Continuity

Fluttershy development

:squee: It :squee:sure :squee: feels :squee:good :squee:to be a :squee: Fluttershy :squee: fanfoal :squee:

However, why is a giraffe regarded as a lesser species? This buffoonery will not stand, mare!:angry:

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

You're reading it a little too much. A veterinarian is merely someone who takes care of animals, whether they're domestic or wild, owned or otherwise.

Pretty freaking great episode for Fluttershy. Huge step up from both yesterday's episode and GM's first episode 

6 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

You're reading it a little too much. A veterinarian is merely someone who takes care of animals, whether they're domestic or wild, owned or otherwise.

how is she supposed to turn a profit from taking care of wild animals?

17 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Giraffe waifu

19 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

However, why is a giraffe regarded as a lesser species? This buffoonery will not stand, mare!:angry:

Admittedly, with her anthro-like design, I was expecting her to be a sentient character.

• Brohoof 1

Another solid episode! I have so much to say about this one. We finally get Fluttershy's 'dream episode', a punctuation of sorts on Flutters character growth over six seasons, and a moral that operates as nice counter point to Suited For Success. 

I love when they nail legacy episodes like this!

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Equestria is hardly a utopia

Yes, that's true, but I used that word due my limited knowledge for better word. Still, it is a world with unrealistic and nice things, one of them being that greedy ponies are seen as bad guys and not norm, and not everyone thinks about getting profit.

Loved it. I couldn't help but watch it today rather than waiting till next Saturday and I'm glad I did. :)

Here's my blog entry on the episode if you care to read it:

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

how is she supposed to turn a profit from taking care of wild animals?

Non profit organization perhaps? ;)

• Brohoof 3