How was the episode?  

100 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the episode?

• I hated it
    • Nah it was kind of meh
    • It was alright.
    • I really liked that
    • I LOVED IT!!

Twilight is an Equestrian princess. Nopony bucking cares. Remind me again why Equestria is not a decrepit friendless shithole that reflects the attitudes of its citizens? She's next in line for the throne and ... Forget it, nothing matters.

• Brohoof 1

When I first read the synopsis for this episode, I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I mean it didn't really sound all that exciting, especially given that it was in the final season.

With that out of the way, I though the episode was decent.

I thought it was neat that Twilight called her Starswirl figure her G1 Starswirl figure, which I took as a nod to the different generations of MLP.  I also enjoyed seeing Moon Dancer again as we haven't seen in her in a while, Spike was great here, seeing the flashback to the first episode was nice, and Twilight freaking out over things is always pretty entertaining.  I also find it funny to note that because of her actions in the first episode of the series, Twilight has managed to ruin the lives of multiple ponies.

• Brohoof 7

I really did think the episode was pretty good. Twilight after all these seasons realizing she isn't perfect and she can never be perfect.

I'm glad this episode exists as one of the last episodes in the series. :blush:

Plus all the callbacks to the episode was amazing!

• Brohoof 6

That was a good episode. The Spike and Twilight dynamic is my favourite relationship on the show, he's always such a vital voice of reason for her during her "Twilighting". Although we only saw for Moondancer for a little bit, it was nice to see her again. We can see how far she's come since Amending Fences, since she's willingly out with a friend in a restaurant.

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 6

Not stellar, but still very entertaining. What makes the episode for me is the humor (be it Twilight's facial expressions and Spike's snark), the cameos from past characters & locals, and the lesson about not becoming so obsessed with perfection that you become a slave to it.

All in all, it's a solid episode and a solid swan song for G.M. Berrow. 

• Brohoof 5

Just now, RulesofRarity said:

That was a good episode. The Spike and Twilight dynamic is my favourite relationship on the show, he's always such a vital voice of reason for her during her "Twilighting". Although we only saw for Moondancer for a little bit, it was nice to see her again. We can see how far she's come since Amending Fences, since she's willing out with a friend in a restaurant. 

That reminds me that was M A. Larsons last episode too. I'm glad the current writers built on upon his episode.

Also, this may be my favorite face during the episode!

image.thumb.png.87655c2535dfff2103e60bdb5c06ba59.png

• Brohoof 2

The 200th was M.A's last episode? Gosh, no wonder it was so good.

No no no no, I meant Amending Fences was. Back in Season 5. :D

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Spike's had a speaking role in every episode of the season so far.

Finally, they are giving Spike the attention he deserved. Only took them nine seasons.

• Brohoof 5

Something relatively minor but something I appreciated nevertheless, was them altering Twilight's magic aura in the flashback as a callback(?) to the lighter magic auras in S1. Little things like that are always heartwarming however small they are.

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 3

A simple, down-to-earth episode. It's always good to come back to the slice-of-lice roots. I absolutely love Twi and Spike as a duo, and this ep gets to show why I love it. Twi's freaks out over everything, Spike responds with snark to balance out the weight of a problem. And when Twi is at her lowest, Spike gives some really solid advice. Really, it was nice to focus on just those two, and to see a side where Twilight knows that she doesn't feel she's perfect.

The callbacks were nice as well, Moondancer was especially a sweet surprise. Plus the humour was pretty cute, I got a bit of a laugh out of Twi's library card photo and Dusty's love for paintball but with fruit

• Brohoof 7

I'm going against the "fine" perception so far and say, this is my favorite episode of this season.  The lesson is something so wonderfully utilized in life and it's great as the series wraps up.  I absolutely love that it was Berrow who gave us this lesson too, with everything we've said about her so far this is clearly what she lives her work by and she loves it. Couple that with a great Twilight characterization, determined yet still reserved in behavior, and Spike tagging along really makes this episode stand out.

Also Dipper Pines pony :catface:

2019-04-27-12-27-35-1.jpg.468415a55dd9fa6240e494c1e2e564fa.jpg

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 8

Something relatively minor but something I appreciated nevertheless, was them altering Twilight's magic aura in the flashback as a callback(?) to the lighter magic auras in S1. Little things like that are always heartwarming however small they are.

That's really interesting. Maybe that old aura is an asset associated with the short, wingless model of Twilight that they used for the flashback.

• Brohoof 3

This episode does hit hard with me. I have a bad fear of failing things and trying to everything the best I can. These writers for the past few episodes have written some things that hit close to home.

• Brohoof 5

Just now, KH7672 said:

I'm going against the "fine" perception so far and say, this is my favorite episode of this season.  The lesson is something so wonderfully utilized in life and it's a great as the series wraps up.  I absolutely love that it was Berrow who gave us this lesson too, with everything we've said about her so far this is clearly what she lives her work by and she loves it. Couple that with a great Twilight characterization, determined yet still reserved in behavior, and Spike tagging along really makes this episode stand out.

Also Dipper Pines pony :catface:

Dipper Pines? Where?

A decent episode. Not much to say besides my favorite duo being awesome as always :P

I think it's pretty much the perfect down-to-earth episode that didn't add a whole lot to the show, but it's a nice relaxing one to watch all the way through.

• Brohoof 5

7 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Dipper Pines? Where?

When Twilight declines getting the "Time" book and says she's not getting any books today causing them all to gasp, he's on the left wearing the signature hat with the pine tree.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1