• I hated it
    • Nah it was kind of meh
    • It was alright.
    • I really liked that
    • I LOVED IT!!

Title: The Point of No Return

Air Date: April 27, 2019

Written by: Gillian M. Berrow

Synopsis: "Twilight realizes she never returned a book to the Canterlot Library, and besides incurring the disgrace of a super-overdue book and huge fees, she may have caused her favorite librarian to lose her job."

Mega Download Link: https://mega.nz/embed#!ADoBRAxD!QadklS5kU1IePRdqhDO63VuxInHiui3OEcGKkWX2n-E

Spoiler

This is G M. Berrow's last episode as said in this screenshot

image.png

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun) 

• Brohoof 10

• This topic was featured and pinned

If you want me to update anything in the OP, see my status update or DM me something if you want me to add it so we can keep this thread on topic. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 4

17 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

"Twilight realizes she never returned a book to the Canterlot Library, and besides incurring the disgrace of a super-overdue book and huge fees, she may have caused her favorite librarian to lose her job."

I expect Spike to step in & fix everything à la "Lesson Zero". 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Hmmm... There is potential here but I think a quick trailer or two--that doesn't give away too much--might be needed in order to give us a better understanding of what is going on excluding the obvious synopsis.

image.thumb.png.0d62ffb127f67c5a112f3cccf8ebd01b.png

The episode sounds good, hoping it delivers

Also, willing to bet a Moondancer appearance and betting the Book from the beginning is the same book that's late

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

This is Berrow's last episode.

All I can say is, good riddance. She was one of the worst writers the show's ever had. 

Holy shit dude what's your problem?

• Brohoof 8

Sounds like I’ll a be a fun episode really looking forward to it. I hope Starlight and spike and moondancer appear in this episode and I hope they all interact with each other. 

7 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

image.thumb.png.0d62ffb127f67c5a112f3cccf8ebd01b.png

The episode sounds good, hoping it delivers

Also, willing to bet a Moondancer appearance and betting the Book from the beginning is the same book that's late

Holy shit dude what's your problem?

G.M. Berrow said all that in the box? Wow! :o

And @VG_Addict, I have to agree with Whomps here: "what's with the attitude? :dry:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

This is Berrow's last episode.

All I can say is, good riddance. She was one of the worst writers the show's ever had. 

27 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

And @VG_Addict, I have to agree with Whomps here: "what's with the attitude? :dry:

If you would allow me to take a minute to reflect on these. VG_Addict was definitely too harsh to say "worst." Berrow is no where at all the worst writer. She never has made anything controversial or anything deem too OOC, or anything that makes viewers immediately jump on as the worst episode. However, with all that said, speaking solely on the basis of her episodes and nothing else....she may definitely be the blandest or most mediocre writer. Taking a look back at all her eps (Pinkie Knows, Fluttershy Leans In, Daring Done, Grannies Gone Wild, and End in Friend) all the reception on them is very middling, never reaching highs of seasons best but never lows of seasons worst (closest being FLI and DD) She has a great grasp on the characters, but more often than not the synopses will hold her back from making a truly memorable experience, and the episode instead follows beats that make it "fine." It's a popular belief that it's more entertaining to watch something bad than something unmemorable.

So objectively, no she is not one of the worst, but a subjective opinion can easily place her as such for memorable entertainment value alone.

With all that said, for those that may feel this way (not even saying I do) there is plenty to set this episode apart from her others most notably focusing on Twilight, a pony she hasn't written much for. Then there is this being a solely simple character episode giving plenty of room for comedy or heartfelt moments (with the librarian, or just books in general). The pieces are all there and it all comes down to execution and with no worries of inner-character conflict in the synopsis (a rather sore spot in her writing) I have no doubt she can leave the series a high note.

Hope this introspection helps the lingering doubts and aforementioned malice.

• Brohoof 1

GMB is what I would call a ‘safe’ writer. Her episodes are not usually bad. At the same time they aren’t exceptional either. A few of her episodes seem to be more tailored for an 11 minute run time (like Steven Universe episode). They usually contain a simply concept and a lot of gags (some quite good to her credit). 

Again she isn’t stellar but I’ve never come away disliking them. Before the internet turned the words mediocre and average into synonyms for “garbage”, I’d say they were decidedly average. Instead I’ll call them middling. Now, this promises to be a good concept and I am slightly apprehensive in expecting Amending Fences level quality here, especially since AF was one of the best episodes in the series. 

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

After looking at Berrow’s letter, my post saying good riddance seems really mean.

Met her a few times and she is a decent individual. While I think that your review of her craft is a bit off the mark, just because someone is a genuinely nice individual doesn’t mean you can’t critique their involvement in the show as a writer. 

• Brohoof 1

I like G.M. Berrow's books & EQG shorts *way* more than her full episodes, TBH.

I'm sure I will like it though, because my favorite pony is the character this episode focuses on. 

"Bronies are some of the kindest, generous, most wonderfully fun people on the planet." 

The only thing that warms my heart more than that is respectful comments here proving her right. :mlp_icwudt: She's not my favorite writer on the show, she wrote my least favorite episode of the whole show, and I would in no way say she's above criticism. She seems like a very nice person though and I see no reason why we shouldn't be returning the kindness. At least give her last episode a fair shot before you judge, the synopsis sounds very promising with the implication of consequences. 

• Brohoof 3

25 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Yay. More Twilight being a total idiot. Woo. So glad I jumped ship when I did.

If you aren't going to watch the season you could at the very least not judge episodes without watching, y'know.

• Brohoof 6

4 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

After looking at Berrow’s letter, my post saying good riddance seems really mean.

Ya think???

Just now, Celli said:

If you aren't going to watch the season you could at the very least not judge episodes without watching, y'know.

First impressions. I can judge an episode concept and the concept doesn't sound good at all to me. I'm allowed to do that I would think. My intent is not to sour anyone else, I just hate constantly seeing Twilight written so...dumb, lately.

• Brohoof 2