Did you like it?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I didnt liked this Episode. I dont care if its supposedly handling the theme of death, it didnt happened in the Episode, so i dont see why i should feel emotional. Instead, her Turtle just had to sleep and she overreacted extreme, putting everyone in danger. Maybe i cant feel sympathy because i have no pets , that could also be the case, but this Episode just made me angry at Rainbow Dash for being selfish again.

Badges

I honestly think this is up there with "Over a Barrel" as far as messing up serious topics goes. I have zero sympathy for Rainbow being sad her pet hibernates, like a goddamn toddler, and even if this episode were about death, Rainbow's actions would be hard to sympathize with. If this is about grief, it's a completely inept take on the subject matter, to the extent that it makes the show seem less mature. It's like a small child trying to sound grown-up. And even most of the jokes are weak. This sucks. 

The Clear Skies/Open Skies routine is great, though. The song has grown on me, but it's absolutely wasted by the garbage context. Maybe if it were tacked on and didn't reference the actual plot, I'd be able to listen to it on its own, but ugh, no thanks. 

Score:
Entertainment: 4/10
Characters: 2/10
Themes: 4/10
Story: 1/10
Overall: 28/100

Badges

(edited)

The biggest problem with this episode is the broken metaphor. It tries to act like Tank hibernating is like dying, but those are completely different things. Rainbow Dash just seems so selfish. The episode feels so useless because Tank appears again only 8 episodes later.

Score: 2/10

Edited by bigbertha

Badges

I didn’t really care for this episode because Rainbow was over the top. Hibernation being a metaphor for death was done much better in Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast.

Two highlights though...

“Rainbow Dash, your winter is going to be...(dramatic pause)...pet-less.”

“Waaahhh!”

That was hilarious.

The other highlight was Rainbow and Tank having Tank and Rainbow slippers.

I actually quite liked the episode. It did feel awkward to see Rainbow make a big fuss out of just a hibernation, but I guess it can be hard for somepony. Maybe it was the best the writers could do without making the episode too dark. I actually found the jokes funny because hibernation didn't seem like something devastating to feel sad about.

Badges

I kinda liked to see a grand parade of the more flawed and childish side of Rainbow Dash... I didn't sympathize with her at all, though. I LOVED Applejack's reaction to RD's breakdown. She is so mature and cool and detached...  I love her "It's true." moment. Sassy girl.

hqdefault.jpg

But yeah... from what I've seen, RD is the worst pet owner ever. Not letting him hibernate when she knows he needs to, feeding him pies... Gah, she's so careless.

Badges

Rainbow is such a brat. Even if Tank actually was dying, that doesn't excuse Rainbow from actively trying to stop Winter and not getting any kind of punishment. Sympathy only goes so far and for me, it stops at destroying a factory. The fact that Tank isn't dying only makes her actions even worse. And there's Rainbow's breakdown scene with the rest of the mane six that tries to both be dramatic and funny, but the tones clash constantly and neither work very well.

I like a couple of the jokes in the episode and the song at least sounds good, but there's not much else here.

Score: 2/10

Badges