My first crack at Pony Art

Urkelbot

I Decided to try my hand at a little bit of Pony art. I'm not too savvy with working digitally. I can sometimes do a little bit of photo editting, or coloring. But Mostly I enjoy the old fashioned pen and paper. I call this one "Standing Her Ground" I always liked Princess Luna, and wish she had more of an active role in the show. I imagine her being a Fierce and tenacious force to be reckoned with. Not one to be taken lightly should a confrontation arise

post-14646-0-87376400-1365906034_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I'm a' tell you who's best pony, by da hour. Just like Rosie O'Donnell at a Bisexual Bridal Shower.

Hey, that looks pretty nice. Now, I'm not an artist, but I think I have a few critiques. Her neck should be long. It seems to be the right size for a regular pony, but Luna is larger and the body proportions you gave her don't match her neck and head. I also feel that her front legs are too far apart. The shoes could use a little more detail, as they are they look like actual hooves, sort of like Big Macintosh has. Her wings are pretty good, but I think the tail could be thicker. Hope you don't find this too harsh. :)

DH0Y4.png

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Wow! That is really detailed and really nice. Do you take commissions? If so, can I have a Fluttershy one, but she's just like Luna in that pitcure? If so, that would be awesome!

/)

KGuAkGD.gif

This fantastic signature is made my by awesome friend Rainbow Skywalker! :D

(edited)

Thanks for all the Comments, Compliments, and Critiques! It was tough to get to proportions and dimensions with this as I was trying to do a 3/4 head on view. The flank looks really flat too tongue.png .  I'll prob do more on a slightly larger scale and take a bit more time with it. it was fun, and I'm glad to have a place to display my attempt, and learn from other's artwork! /)

Wow! That is really detailed and really nice. Do you take commissions? If so, can I have a Fluttershy one, but she's just like Luna in that pitcure? If so, that would be awesome!

/)

I could give it a shot. I'll prob do some more practice sketches and post them up on here. I don't have the real pony style down, but I like to augment that by incorporating my own style.

/)

So I tried my had at a battle worn Fluttershy. I think it came out fairly well. As always comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

post-14646-0-82050400-1365945902_thumb.jpg

hahahahaha, so i was driving back from the gym, and a thought occurred to me... "you didn't give poor fluttershy any wings!" ... dammit!

Edited by Urkelbot
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a' tell you who's best pony, by da hour. Just like Rosie O'Donnell at a Bisexual Bridal Shower.