Could King Sombra had been Someones Minion at some point?

100 beasts kaidou

Like he used to work for someone really evil (Even more evil than Sombra himself) And After that Villain was beaten somehow Sombra started to work alone. I thought of this because Sauron Who Sombra is based off used to work for Melkor/Morgoth. Also I find it hard to believe that A Normal Unicorn could become Alicorn level on his own so could it be that Sombra was trained by this villain

Blueblood's only fan in the whole wide Fandom

But that would take away all his awesomeness! I don't want him to be trained by someone. I want Sombra to come out of hell itself, with those pointy teeth and green flame hair, and be the perfect embodiment of evil. He's not supposed to be a deep, psychologically tortured character like Sauron. There are a couple of parallels, but that's mostly in character design. Most Big Evil Baddy Bad's in today's cartoons all look the same anyway. xD

Anyway, I don't think I'd want him to be an apprentice. I want to see more of him, so we're not left with some lame, vaguely threatening stallion like we were in the beginning of S3. <3

• Brohoof 1

He's not supposed to be a deep, psychologically tortured character like Sauron.

Actually Sauron wasnt a deep psychologically tortured. He just wanted order in middle earth and Started to work for Morgoth to obtain it

As Sombra was intended to be modeled after Sauron, it's entirely possible. After all Sauron owed fealty to Morgoth/Melkor (who funnily enough was always described as the spreader of Discord... wink.png )

Chances are low this will be addressed in series, as callbacks and continuity isn't high on the priority list.

ConsoleSig4.png

I had a crack theory that Sombra was a student of Celestia once, although I doubt that qualifies :P.

It's possible that Sombra was someone's subordinate. Some of the leaked images from Season 4 make it look like the premiere will have a lot to do with the Crystal Empire, which makes expansion on Sombra feasible. If they need a new and OP villain to fight, some secret master of Sombra could work

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Sombra was at alicorn level. If he was he would have beaten Celestia and Luna very easily and would be able to break the barrier. I just think Sombra studied dark magic on his own and became evil. So I say he was on his own. 

• Brohoof 1

img-1202916-1-9nQUab7.png

Made by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Well considering Sombra was modules after Sauron so maybe

If that is the case it will be hard to address.

First of all if he was trained by an evil master we would need to introduce that character as well and make it fit in the story's continuity.

In other words, more backstory.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Sombra was at alicorn level. If he was he would have beaten Celestia and Luna very easily and would be able to break the barrier. I just think Sombra studied dark magic on his own and became evil. So I say he was on his own.

WHat the hell? You do realize that Celestia and Luna ARE Alicorn level. so a someone being beaten by two ponies that are on the same level as him in a two on one battle doesnt seem that hard to believe. also Chrysalis had to use the underground to get through SAs shield, does that mean that Chrysalis is weaker than SA?

Wow, this did make me laugh. But after thinking, it would make an awesome plot twist. But, it wouldn't make much sense, and secondly, SOMBRA IS DEAD!

Sombra was engulfed in an explosion, and a piece of his horn was seen flying past. Villains come back from a lot worse on a disturbingly regular basis in a variety of media: Comic books, cartoons, novels, etc. Plus, given the way he behaved in the episode, there's a good chance that Sombra wasn't technically alive at that point anyway, but was a some kind of vampiric undead.

It falls under the category of the 'Where's the Corpse?' trope. No corpse? Not dead.

ConsoleSig4.png

WHat the hell? You do realize that Celestia and Luna ARE Alicorn level. so a someone being beaten by two ponies that are on the same level as him in a two on one battle doesnt seem that hard to believe. also Chrysalis had to use the underground to get through SAs shield, does that mean that Chrysalis is weaker than SA?

Yes I know that Celestia and Luna are alicorns, but there is no proof saying Sombra has the power of an alicorn. I'm just saying if he was at alicorn level, Sombra might have stopped them from sealing him away. 

Also I was just thinking about how the fight would go. To what it seems Celestia and Luna don't seem like ponies who would kill. While Sombra seems like some who would kill anyone who came to face him. So if he was at the same power as them, he would be able to block that kinda of spell and just attack even harder. I just think he is an overpowered unicorn like Twilight. 

Not to get off topic, but there is also no proof saying Chrysalis got into Canterlot by going underground. It was never said, how she got in. It's an idea, but no proof no fact. Also yes I do think SA is stronger then Chrysalis. 

img-1202916-1-9nQUab7.png

Made by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Hey, if you think about Twilight Sparkle, she worked her way up magically and was on her way to becoming possibly as powerful as an alicorn. And hey, look at that, now she IS one. I don't think it's too far fetched for somepony to take on intensive magic studies, and becoming powerful enough to defeat a princess. After all, villains don't care about playing fair or using dark/forbidden magic. Good guys play by the rules, and generally they'd rather not kill. I mean, Chrysalis isn't even a pony, and she defeated Celestia.

DH0Y4.png

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there."

I thought Sombra was the creator of dark magic xP But if there's somepony whose actually stronger and more evil than him then I'd love to see him put up a fight against the Mane 6, Discord and the Princesses. That'll be something to look forward to in season four

Loyalty.png

~Signature created by Chaotic Discord~