Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 NFL Draft

elbj

Good night! Great draft until the very end...yea I think I know the team you're talking about. I'll try and think of some ways to get an NFL thread to work.

• Brohoof 2

I have no idea what the Jets were thinking tonight.  Their defense is probably the thing they need to fix least- they have MAJOR holes at offense, and they did nothing to fix that in this draft so far. 

Here's hoping they make up for it in the next couple of days.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea what the Jets were thinking tonight.  Their defense is probably the thing they need to fix least- they have MAJOR holes at offense, and they did nothing to fix that in this draft so far. 

Here's hoping they make up for it in the next couple of days.

Well actually, they did need some linebacker (Ogletree and Jarvis Jones were still up) and cornerback help (Milliner) but the Sheldon Richardson pick was just odd. He's too small to play nose tackle in Rex Ryan's 3-4 and it leads me to ask how he'll challenge Wilkerson or Coples for the other DE spots.

Cordarelle Patterson was still up too. Can't believe he fell all the way to #29.

I wonder if the Pack take Patterson out of Tenn?

Green Bay Packers select DE Datone Jones from UCLA.

I admit good picks by the Vikings there Jble. I'm happy with who the Rams and Bengals took. Rams have that ATL pick. I bet they take a defensive player here.

Wow I was wondering where Elam was going to go I love watching this guy play. He flies around the field and jacks people. perfect Ed Reed replacement. 

Hey guys, you there? Second and third round coverage just started! It's going to be an interesting night. Still a lot of good players on the board for teams to pick.

• Brohoof 1

Yea I'm here. I thought it started at 7. I might be going somewhere later though. But alright Round 2 lets get this started Jags!

Johnathan Cyprien to the Jaguars. Like Mayock said, this guy is built like a Kam Chancellor so you know you've got a good kid on your team. Not as aggressive or heavy as the real deal but pretty close.

Titans pick is in. It might be Justin Hunter to give Jake Locker that receiver help. This guy is built like a 30 year old Randy Moss which is still pretty damn good. Only areas of concern are bad hands and this knee injury he suffered a while ago.

Solid pick with Cyprian he can really play, but why would the 49ers trade out for even more picks they've got like 13 now and they don't have any big weaknesses on there team

CALLED IT! Justin Hunter to the Titans. And as Mayock said, he tore his ACL in 2011 and since he's been less productive with all the drops. A good low-risk, high-reward kind of pick, though.

• Brohoof 2

Titans get another weapon for Locker and as a bonus he's a hometown guy. I can't remember if they still have Cook, Jr. at TE did they lose him in Free Agency.

• Brohoof 1

Tennessee selects WR Justin Hunter!

Gives Jake Locker a good weapon, good receiver.

Dear Bengals, please take Eddie Lacy. Anyway Chip Kelly, your team is next.

I think the Lions get Eddie Lacy with their 36th overall pick, which is exactly one spot ahead and have sucked royally with the running game for a while now. Stafford needs all the help he can get.

• Brohoof 1

Good pick by the Eagles they could use a new TE. Celek isn't really doing it Philly. I think the Lions pick up a lineman here Stafford could use some better protection IMO.

Phillidelphia Eagles select Zach Ertz TE from Stanford.

@Alfonso: Good point, I didn't think about that lol. Monte Ball could be another good choice.

Detroit Lions select Darius Slay CN from MSST.

Ok Bengals are up, EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE. Lol

• Brohoof 2

Slay out of Miss St. any stand out corner in SEC is probably a gonna be a good pick up on a weak Detroit secondary. 

Cincy is up good luck Sonic!

• Brohoof 1

WOW! The Bengals got Bernard instead!... Well, they needed a running back and they got it. Bernard's a good 3rd down back and is great at picking up the blitz.

• Brohoof 2

Either Eddie Lacy or the dark-horse, Manti Te'o.

With that Cincinnati Bengals select Giovani Bernard. I was thinking Lacy but I'll take him. Giving Dalton a couple weapons help. Good pick

I call Manti Te'o for Arizona. Oh nevermond traded to the Chargers and they select MANTI TE'O!!!!!!!

Edited by Sonicrules831
  • Brohoof 1

Well Benard is more of a speed/receiving back so that'll be a really nice complementary piece to Green-Ellis in the backfield. 

And there goes Te'o!

• Brohoof 1

Te'o to the Chargers. Lots of Junior Seau in him who was drafted by the Chargers more than a decade ago. At pick 38, he's slid quite a bit but good job by SD picking him up.

• Brohoof 2

A lot of analyists saying that the Jets are going to pick Geno Smith here. Why not he can probably do better than Butt-Fumble Sanchez

• Brohoof 2

Wow I can't believe he stayed in the green room I thought he had gone home. If there was one person with something to prove after this draft its Geno Smith. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder now. Too bad he still got drafted by the Jets.

• Brohoof 1

Aw, man! Tank Carradine to the Niners... he was one of my favourite prospects this year. Good pick for San Fran, though -- he and Aldon Smith can make a hell of a tandem.

• Brohoof 1

San Francisco 49ers select Tank Carradine DE from Florida State. Buffalo is now on the clock. I think they get EJ Manuel a weapon here.

And the Buffalo Bills select Robert Woods WR from USC.

Good pick here :)