Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Psychological Study (Results)

Kodiak

Hey everypony! Remember that thread I posted about needing participants to help out with my study? Well, a few people asked if I could post my findings to the forums, and here they are. Keep in mind, this is my first "formal" presentation since I took the class, so please give some constructive criticism if you can.

Thanks again to everypony that submitted their responses!

*Note: This survey involved more people in real life than on these forums.

------

This study was conducted under the objective of finding the personal emotions of teenagers during social interactions. This study also tested for the self-worth of teenagers at large. Forty-seven teenagers, both male and female around high school age, took part in this study. Of those forty-seven, twenty-nine were male while eighteen were female.

Question 1: If a male dressed in stylish clothes with a confident smile approached you and your friends, how would you feel?

A) Threatened (Insecure)

B ) Excited

C) Apprehensive

Posted Image

Question 2: If a female dressed in stylish clothes with a confident smile approached you and your friends, how would you feel?

A) Threatened (Insecure)

B ) Excited

C) Apprehensive

Posted Image

Question 3: It is the first day of classes and you do not know anyone in the room. If it wasn't for your teacher assigning group work, would you personally get to know your classmates?

A) Yes

B ) No

Posted Image

Edited by Kodiak
  • Brohoof 2

It seems females are more... social or something due to the way they answered that last question. It's some very interesting results. As well, both genders in general seem to find confident females less threatening than confident men. Although I guess this plays up to how society finds men more creepy and scary. But then again, the females are still scared of their own gender being confident. I think this is due to how people are more likely to view those in their own gender as on their level, and compare themselves to them subsequently.

I dunno, I'm just guessing stuff.

I dunno, I'm just guessing stuff.

Hey, that's what's so fun about psychology. You take a guess, and see if it's correct. Those ideas you were going on about are kind of the questions that inspired me to first start this. That, and I love "hacking" social dynamics ;)

Well gosh, are we all scared of each other? >.>

Honestly, that crossed my mind too. I was a bit surprised to see how reclusive most teens actually are; you mostly see them walking through the halls with a smile and a laugh in their voice. Eh, maybe it's a mask for how they actually feel.

Honestly, that crossed my mind too. I was a bit surprised to see how reclusive most teens actually are; you mostly see them walking through the halls with a smile and a laugh in their voice. Eh, maybe it's a mask for how they actually feel.

I think not...

Probably, they're walking around laughing with smiles on their faces because they're with their friends. Or maybe I'm just not reasoning the way you guys are.

And it seems like most people would feel apprehensive if either gender approached them, anyways. It's like you're all Fluttershys. ;)