Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Welcome to Sydneigh [SOL/Romance]

ParsoOfEquestria

@@slimmyjimjim,

Dogboots turned red after she abruptly kissed him but soon gave in. It had lasted a few minutes before she had pulled away from him and trotted towards the kitchen. The stallion reflected on her words and what she said. She was able to say it, but he had trouble always saying what's on his mind.

"Why can't I say it? It's simple, just say, "I love you" No, I can't. Why not? Because. Because why? I don't know, I'm too shy to say it to her. I mean I want to just confess to her how I feel and and, I can't. I'm such a coward and wimp when it comes to stuff like this,"  He thought while sitting at a table waiting for her to come back.

(edited)

@thor9356

Volt Switch sat alone in the bakery and sighed. Sydneigh wasn't as cool as he thought it would be. Here, he had no friends to talk to and no family. Why had even come here? As he sulked he caught a glimpse of a light blue mare kiss a stallion. 'Heh, lucky dog,' he thought to himself. At least that guy had someone. He noticed that the stallion looked like he was in turmoil. Volt was sitting pretty close to him, and he was curious. "Hey pal, you alright?"

Edited by Fancy Ram

@@ParsoOfEquestria,

Curious woke up in Mystic's bed alone. He was a little disappointed by that, but he heard sounds from the kitchen and quickly put two and two together. He got up out of bed, readjusted his scarf, and trotted over to a table with breakfast. "Toast? Well, can't much complain, not a good cook myself. And besides, there's some sort of spread on these."

He trotted over to Mystic and gave her a little peck on the cheek before sitting down. "Thank you very much for the breakfast, dear."

(edited)

Cuppie poked her head out from the kitchen, "are you coming? You know you can come into the kitchen you just gotta wash your hooves. And sir ill be right with you." She went into the kitchen and when Dogboots arrived she began talking, "see some stallions lips are too soft and some are too firm so I compare them to the beds in that foals tale Goldie Locks. Do you know it?" Without waiting for an answer she continued, "so if beds mean lips then I've been in bed too firm and too soft but never just right, until now of coarse." All the while when she was talking she was getting out ingredients and different cookware from cupboards and drawers and beginning to mix the ingredients into a bowl.

Edited by slimmyjimjim

(edited)

Volt Switch watched Dogboots get up and go into the kitchen. 'I guess that could have gone worse.' He looked around again and then layed his head on the table. He looked up when someone came to take his order. Once he said his order, he sat and waited, thinking about what he would do today by his lonesome.

Edited by Fancy Ram

@@slimmyjimjim,

Dogboots knew the tale she was talking about. He had heard it when he was a filly himself, back before he left his family behind. However, the stallion didn't quite know what Cuppie was talking about until it hit him in the head like a sack of bricks.

"She's saying that your lips are just right, you bucking idiot! Oh...I knew that."

The earth pony was literally at a loss of words, or rather he had words to say but couldn't say them.

"That's it! I'm taking the wheel,"

"I love you too," The stallion's eyes raised in surprise after saying that. He had just blurted out he felt, although he mentally forced himself to say it, it was no less true. He began to blush a bright red, beginning to feel embarrassed.

(edited)

Cuppie stopped in her tracks shock and fear crossing over her face.

What am i supposed to say im only foing to be staying hwre for a few weeks i cant be in love what am i doing i have to get out.

Just then Flour Dust burst into the kitchen, "did you know that there's a costomer out there? And what's he doing here? Here's the order now I now make it and go." She left the room as quickly as she had came leabing Cuppie looking stunned for a bit before she shook her head looking down at the order squimting she said, "I can't read this I'll have to go get the order again be right back." She left Dogboots in the kitchen with the coffee cake. Walking behind the counter to the only pony in the bakery she asked with a smile, "what can I g et you sir?"

Edited by slimmyjimjim

(edited)

@@slimmyjimjim,

Volt looked up at the mare. He realized it was the mare he had seen earlier. "Oh, um, I thought I already ordered. I ordered a coffee cake." He smiled at Cuppie. "Hey if you don't mind, I don't really have any friends here. So if you and your... boyfriend don't mind, do you guys uh, like want to have a chat?" He knew that the way he phrased made him sound very childish and lonely and he looked down sheepishly. "Sorry that was weird, never mind. I'll just wait for the coffee cake."

Edited by Fancy Ram

(edited)

Vinyl leaned in a bit more, bridging the gap between their lips, and kissed him. After a few moments, she broke the kiss and looked into his eyes, then said, "Hmmm... I don't think we should. You've got a big day ahead of you. I think you should get ready to work as a fancy pants, rich pony."

Windy smiled at Vinyls decision

"I guess you're right, I better get ready"

he unwrapped himself from the bed covers and trotted towards the bathroom, turning on the shower and climbing in

'this is it, big guy. today we're gonna get into the big league, and earn more money than I ever thought'

he turned off the water and dried off before going into the kitchen and making breakfast for both him and Vinyl he placed the pancakes on two trays before strolling back into his room

"here you go, gorgeous"

@@ParsoOfEquestria,

Curious woke up in Mystic's bed alone. He was a little disappointed by that, but he heard sounds from the kitchen and quickly put two and two together. He got up out of bed, readjusted his scarf, and trotted over to a table with breakfast. "Toast? Well, can't much complain, not a good cook myself. And besides, there's some sort of spread on these."

He trotted over to Mystic and gave her a little peck on the cheek before sitting down. "Thank you very much for the breakfast, dear."

Mystic smiled, she still had the headache from being hungover, but still feeling good, plus the affection she recieved was more than enough to forget the ache

"I hope you like it, the jar told me not to put too much onto it, so I did, according to the jar, too much tastes like you 'dived mouth-first into a pile of salt'" 

Edited by ParsoOfEquestria

Taken a back Cuppie thought back to what Dogboots had said "I love you" the words repeated themselves over and over again but still she feared them. How could three simple words hold so much meaning and how could Dogboots say them to her. ME, Cuppie Cake the one pony traveling circus act that never stays in one place for long. I have to leave soon I can't be in love.

"Oh, well yes of coarse I'll be right back," she went into the kitchen rufflingnher wings nervously picking up the coffee cake and saying to Dogboots not daring to look at him, "um... why don't you eat out here."

@@slimmyjimjim, @,

"Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" He said hitting himself after Cuppie Cake had left. The stallion couldn't believe he had said those words and it was at the wrong time too. He wanted to just literally run away and avoid Cuppie all together now.

Cuppie soon returned and offered him to sit outside where there was another pony. He seemed like a pleasant pony to Dogboots but his mind was still on how he had embarrassed himself. He took a seat right across from Volt and acknowledged him by nodding at him.

Volt looked up when he heard a chair being pulled. He saw the two ponies he previously. He was honestly surprised that Cuppie had actually taken up his request. He now felt really awkward and knew that it was a bad idea. "Oh um, hi. My name's Volt Switch, and uh.. I guess you can call me Volt if I ever see you after this." Volt wasn't usually this awkward and was actually nicer than most.ponies and very friendly. The terms that the conversation was on must have made him feel weird.

Cuppie cut up the cake and put a piece on each plate and giving it to each stallion. Next she poured cups of coffee for each of them placing cream and sugar in the middle of the table usually she would just slack off but she took this job seriously because it was for Cook so she remained cool and collected on the outside and bht on the inside her mind was everywhere. From Dogboots to Flour Dust to how to get out of this place and finally Equestria.Equestria, this pony sounded like he was from there, "so what brings you to Sydneigh?"

(edited)

Volt's ears perked up. How did this mare now he was from Equestria? "Um, I dunno exactly. I used to live in Baltimare, but it was too quiet there. I moved her cuz I heard Sydneigh was exciting." He smiled at Cuppie. "Pretty funny considering it's still quiet for me, since I don't know anypony here. On a sidenote, I didn't quite catch either of your names."

Edited by Fancy Ram

@,@@slimmyjimjim,

"I'm Dogboots and this here is Cuppie Cake," He said introducing himself and his marefriend or what he thought was his marefriend. The stallion just basically spelled his guts out and now he felt like crap and embarrassed about it. 

"Maybe she doesn't feel the same way. If so then why are we together?" He thought to himself. 

@@thor9356, Volt was a very helpful pony. In fact, wanting to help had basically gotten him his cutie mark. He knew when someone needed some help. "Hey Dogboots, are you okay? You seem a little... I dunno, edgy? I noticed it when I happened to see you earlier, is there something wrong?" Little did Volt know that this was obviously a topic that Dogboots didn't want to talk about. 

Cuppie looked up surprised and finnally looked at Dogboots in the face his expression was hard to read but one thing she could see was fear mirrored by his face.

Oh no I didn't say it back should I say it do I mean it? I don't know! This is all happening so fast, too fast I can't keep up. I wish Cook were here she'd know what to do. But she's not and I'm a big mare and need to do things on my own! But what am I doing? I don't know. I just don't know.

She felt like cryinf but held it back instead taking large gulps of her coffee attempting to drown out Dogboots' voice saying those words over and over "I love you.... I love you..........I love you."

@,

"It's really nothing to concern yourself with Volt. Speaking of which, where do you plan on working here in the city?" He asked the stallion in an attempt at misdirection. Dogboots didn't trust Volt enough to divulge the situation. In fact, he barely even knew him. He had only just met him today.

@@thor9356, @@slimmyjimjim,

Volt Switch looked at Dogboots with a look of shock. "Well buck, I never even thought of that to be honest! I've only been here about a week but I guess I should have thought of that before anything huh? Hehe..." Volt made it a point to sound happy, but in actuality he knew there was alot of tension between Cuppie and Dogboots. He decided it was time to leave them to solve their problems. "Well I gotta go home and look for some jobs now so uh, we'll keep in touch I guess?"

(edited)

@, @@slimmyjimjim,

"Yeah, it was nice meeting you Volt. I hope to run into you again soon," He said waving at Volt as he began to leave the bakery. There was a bit of silence between the two for a while before Dogboots spoke up.

"Listen, Cuppie...about what I said before. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that and I feel like a bucking idiot for saying too. I'm- I'm gonna go now," He said getting ready to leave the bakery with his head hung low.

Edited by thor9356

"You....you bucking dummy!" She had never sworn before but now it felt appropriate, she scolded herself for several more minutes.

How could I have been so stupid?! Getting involved like that when I know I have to leave soon I'm such an idiot I don't deserve him. But that doesn't stop me from wanting him oh what am I supposed to do?!

She ran up to her room and cried for over an hour before going back down stairs feeling tired and numb her face expressionless as she continued to bake and give customers their orders for the rest of the day. Everything seeming to blur past but the day felt like it would never end.

Amour pranced into the bakery, whistling to herself and thinking of all the tasty treats she was going to indulge in. Should I get a cupcake? Or maybe a strudel, I've never had a strudel...

She paused abruptly when she realized that she had stumbled into a bit of an altercation. Normally she would butt in and try to force whoever was arguing to work it out, (and possibly go on a date!). But in her current career slump, all she wanted to do was stuff her face with sugar.

So she sat down at one of the nearby tables, and waited (impatiently) for someone to come take her order.

@@DarligPegasi,

Cuppie shuffled over to the table that somepony was sitting at her body still numb, "what can I get you ma'am?"

her voice was flat and she knew it but refused to care everything felt blank and this was just another customer with yet another order. she just wanted the week to be done with so she could get back onto the rode and forget everything had ever happened.

@@slimmyjimjim,

Amour was about to ask if they had any specials, when the tone of the mare's voice caught her attention. "Honey, what's wrong?" She asked. Her expression remind Amour of her sister Ciel, who had been depressed for awhile. She had always cheered her up with playing games of cake tag (running around screaming while throwing cake at each other) or telling stupid jokes.

Cuppie looked up at the mare surprised, not once had anypony asked what was wrong they all just took their stuff and left. So when somepony finally asked it shocked her, she shook herself from her thoughts to answer the question, "oh...um.....nothing. I was just thinking about how I'm going to get out of this place, sorry if I seem distracted can I take your order?"