MLP Card Game

Fluttashy

I did read that last part... maybe I do want to cancel my preorder. My husband will want a foil Rainbow Dash but he will also want a foil Applejack and I want a foil Rarity. Or maybe I just want to empty my wallet and buy everything.

I just wanna start playing this game already. :P

I'm probably just going to buy the foil singles when they're available on eBay or another online game shop. I'm going to want my mane characters foil for other decks, and I'm definitely building a Raritwi deck. I like that ship too.  :wub:

Now that we have a CCG, Toywiz won't have such a monopoly on MLP singles. :P

Edit: Is it bad that I just now noticed how racist my ships and decks are? :huh:

Edited by FlutterDash4072

That seems to be the general gist, yes - however, I get the impression that focusing on a couple of power types won't hinder your play that much. You'll be able to solve pretty much all problems by using cards that can alter your resources, that kind of stuff.

Also, I'm editing the interview with Gail now, should have the episode up tomorrow sometime!

Actually you are required to take multiple "colors" . If you dont, you will not be able to solve your problem deck. And while it might be similar to that horrible Buffy game it seems to do everything right as far as game play goes (though it does have ràndom discard elements which can be a bummer)

Wow. Inspired is OP as shit.

Lady Justice is pretty crazy, too... but seriously, Inspired.

Okay, the keyword itself isn't OP (although it is very powerful), it's just that it's on so many cheap cards. 1, 2 and 3 cost Friends? And Mane Character Rarity can be flipped on like turn 3 if you get first Confront on an easy starter problem.

Well, that settles it. W/Pu Inspired control is going to the first deck I make.

does anyone know any local stores where I can get CCG packs? I'm dying to get some and I can't order them online  :(

Well that would depend on where local is for you :P

But aside from local places, I've heard Sears and Target carry them (can't personally  confirm this though).

Wow. Inspired is OP as shit.

Lady Justice is pretty crazy, too... but seriously, Inspired.

Okay, the keyword itself isn't OP (although it is very powerful), it's just that it's on so many cheap cards. 1, 2 and 3 cost Friends? And Mane Character Rarity can be flipped on like turn 3 if you get first Confront on an easy starter problem.

Well, that settles it. W/Pu Inspired control is going to the first deck I make.

I'm hoping that either the Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie deck will counter this or be a good opponent against the inspired cards. Since at the moment they are pretty much the best cards out of the two trial decks.

I'm probably just going to buy the foil singles when they're available on eBay or another online game shop. I'm going to want my mane characters foil for other decks, and I'm definitely building a Raritwi deck. I like that ship too. :wub:

Now that we have a CCG, Toywiz won't have such a monopoly on MLP singles. :P

Edit: Is it bad that I just now noticed how racist my ships and decks are? :huh:

That is a good idea. Wastes less money, and that way my husband and I won't have a bajillion extra cards. If the decks were different it may be worth it to get the foil Rarity and foil Applejack decks but if they have the same cards? I am going on eBay or Toywiz.

What other gaming sites sell CCG cards? Would be good to know to see what the best deals are.

I want to build a Rarity/Fluttershy deck because they are my two favorites and arguably best friends. Their relationship is interesting to me because we do not see a lot of them together in the show but we see how they work as friends. My husband's favorites are Applejack and Rainbow Dash. He thinks that he likes both of them equally but he has an obvious preference for Applejack. He is so much like her.

As for your shipping preferences? Nah, it isn't anymore racist than shipping white people together. Couples don't need to be interracial.

Also... the two theme decks have shipped from Toywiz!! I cannot contain my excitement. I am super glad that they are not shipping in January. Probably means that the Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy deck will ship around Christmas, depending on when they can get to it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping that either the Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie deck will counter this or be a good opponent against the inspired cards. Since at the moment they are pretty much the best cards out of the two trial decks.

When I typed that, I had forgotten you can draw extra cards by paying action points. So even if you do set up a useless topdeck, they can pay to draw past it. It'll still slow them down, but it's not as game breaking as I first thought.

Although, you can give them a 1 or 2 power card on top and basically guarantee a face-off win that turn, or at the very least, know if it's safe to have one. The opponent doesn't get to see the cards when you Inspire, so they won't know (although they can probably guess you gave them something low power).

IIRC pinks mechanic lets you reflip face off cards if you get one with power 1, so that's a small counter to Inspired.

I just hope they come out with more cards that interact with exhaustion or let you exhaust your characters for effects, or exhaust opponents characters. Because from what I've seen so far, not many things get exhausted, meaning Stubborn almost never applies.

Edited by Evilshy

Excuse me for my anger but.  Are these cards really out yet!?  I read they were coming out on Dec 13th.  So on that day I went to my local Wal-Mart to get them.  However they didn't have any, despite the fact that I was watching them stock new items into the card section.  Ok, so I came back the next day and still nothing.  I went also to two different Toys R Us' and three different Targets to find some.  Nothing.  I asked some employees at these different stores and they all said something along the line of "I don't know anything about that".  Have the cards really come out?  I know you can get them off of Toywiz but I've never shopped there before and their prices are a bit high.  So are they out in stores or is the entire world playing a joke on me?

Excuse me for my anger but.  Are these cards really out yet!?  I read they were coming out on Dec 13th.  So on that day I went to my local Wal-Mart to get them.  However they didn't have any, despite the fact that I was watching them stock new items into the card section.  Ok, so I came back the next day and still nothing.  I went also to two different Toys R Us' and three different Targets to find some.  Nothing.  I asked some employees at these different stores and they all said something along the line of "I don't know anything about that".  Have the cards really come out?  I know you can get them off of Toywiz but I've never shopped there before and their prices are a bit high.  So are they out in stores or is the entire world playing a joke on me?

Big chain stores will not get them until Janurary, only comic shops and other specialty shops get them in December, as well as some online venues. When all the starters have released everything will be available at all major chain stores.

Is eBay the only place for singles right now? I'm so used to Magic, where I can go to any number of local and online stores and just buy the individual cards I want :P

Is eBay the only place for singles right now? I'm so used to Magic, where I can go to any number of local and online stores and just buy the individual cards I want :P

At this time it appears to be the case but you will most likely see online stores having singles when the second and third wave of boosters come so they have enough product to open and the final level of demand is determined by starter sales.

I saw earlier today that Toywiz has a section where they sell single MLP CCG cards but they haven't put anything in that section yet. I checked again just now. If you go to the trading card section, scroll all the way down to the bottom and that section is there. They will probably put it higher up once they are ready to put the cards that they have for sale.

Excuse me for my anger but. Are these cards really out yet!? I read they were coming out on Dec 13th. So on that day I went to my local Wal-Mart to get them. However they didn't have any, despite the fact that I was watching them stock new items into the card section. Ok, so I came back the next day and still nothing. I went also to two different Toys R Us' and three different Targets to find some. Nothing. I asked some employees at these different stores and they all said something along the line of "I don't know anything about that". Have the cards really come out? I know you can get them off of Toywiz but I've never shopped there before and their prices are a bit high. So are they out in stores or is the entire world playing a joke on me?

Toywiz's prices are no different from the prices on Enterplay's website (in fact the giant booster box is cheaper on Toywiz than on the Enterplay Store).

Toywiz's shipping is a tad pricey though. It isn't worth it when you are buying, say, one individual card, but if you don't have any local hobby shops carrying them and you really want the game before January, Toywiz is a good place to get a starter pack.

Hot Topic may also be selling these in the near future. Plus maybe some people got a hand on some extra starters and are selling them on eBay.

Big chain stores will not get them until Janurary, only comic shops and other specialty shops get them in December, as well as some online venues. When all the starters have released everything will be available at all major chain stores.

The Target by my house was only selling booster packs. Now I understand why this is the case.

Man, I really want that 36 pack booster box, but $100 on Toywiz... $90 on eBay... nothing on Amazon... the eBay prices look good though because they have free shipping... sigh, I will have to ask the husband, and probably after we get our starter decks.

Attended the pre-release event at the nearest comic shop yesterday. Got my first starter (TwiJack) and went half & half on a discount box set. We had a good amount of people their at the event. There was supposed to be a tournament too, but due to the varying levels of skill involved, it's been postponed till next week. The grand prize: A Vinyl Scratch mini-plush! And best part of all, my friends and I all won our debut matches. It was fun. My bro now wants to trade me for the foil Octavia I got in the packs.

The game does seem a bit complicated at first, and even the shop owners showing us was still confusing, but that might just be me. I tend to learn better hands on, and once I started playing, I got the hang of it quick. I see a bright future for this game. Expect tournaments at all the MLP conventions this year.

Edited by Denim&Venom

I know the game is still fairly new but I was having a hard time finding what cards were in the theme decks. So here's a list of what cards are in the theme decks(This is for the Alpha Dec 13, 2013 decks).

Twilight/Applejack

Friends:

Lady Justice x2

Cherry Jubilee x2

Apple Cobbler x2

Professor Neigh x2

Commet Tail x3

Mint Jewelup x3

Blue Moon x2

Mayor Mare x2

Auntie Applesauce x2

Granny Smith x2

Igneous Rock x2

Red Gala x2

Drill Bit x2

Events:

Apples and Oranges x3

A Bully and a Beast x1

Duck and Cover x1

Double-Check the Checklist x1

Resources:

Fighting for Friendship x2

Too Much Pie x1

Outshine Them All x2

Hard Hat x2

Troublemakers:

Purple Parasprite x2

Flim x2

Problems:

It's Alive! x2

Runaway Cart x2

Monitor EVERYTHING x1

Avalanche x2

Raze This Barn x1

I Need Answers x2

Rainbow Dash/Rarity

Friends:

Holly Dash x2

Vidala Swoon x2

Jetstream x2

Cerulean Skies x2

Finish Line x1

Emerald Green x2

Pegasus Royal Guard x2

Rainbowshine x1

Sweetie Sunrise x3

Hoity Toity x2

Pearly Stitch x2

Noteworthy x2

Royal Riff x2

Sugar Twist x3

Events:

Dig Deep x3

Swing into Action x1

A Touch of Refinement x1

Crême de la Crême x1

Resources:

Foal Free Press x2

Lead Pony Badge x1

Marvelous Chapeau x2

The Ponyville Express x2

Troublemakers:

Yellow Parasprite x2

Timberwolf x2

Problems:

Looking for Trouble x1

Cloudbursting x2

Cleaning Gloomy Skies x2

Emergency Dress Order x2

I Can Fix It! x1

It's a Twister! x2

I got the RD/Rarity deck and I'm happy that I did. My friend got both of the theme decks and I've played against/with both of the decks. My current opinion is that the RD/Rarity deck is the current best theme deck. The 'Inspired' keyword on the Rarity cards are the best out there right now. Being able to check the top cards of my opponents deck just gives me such an upper hand that it sometimes doesn't even give my opponent a fair chance(using it correctly of course). The 'Swift' keyword is also pretty good. It doesn't really show its real power until you solve one problem and need to move some Loyalty cards from home to problem. I wasn't really able to use the 'Studious' keyword cards but that might be just because I was playing the Twi/AJ deck against the RD/Rarity deck and it's just difficult to keep up with that deck. I'm sure if you changed some cards in the Twi/AJ deck it could be a fairly good deck but I don't think it really can go against a RD/Rarity deck. The 'Stubborn' keyword just doesn't have too much of a purpose at the moment. There are some cards(mainly troublemakers) that make you exhaust cards but in actual play it's not very useful. 

If anyone here is interested in seeing a list of all the cards that are currently released then check out Heart of the Cards. They'll keep their list updated so when the new stuff comes out it'll have them there. Hope this helps you guys out. 

• Brohoof 1

So does anyone have the 2 player starter set yet? I went to Target, and they only had those weird cardboard boosters. The hobby shop I went to also only had the 2 'normal' decks. I ordered it from Toywiz a while back, but when I called them recently, they said they didn't get it in yet. I really want a Fluttershy mane character since I'm running a purple/yellow with much more yellow bias, but I have to settle for Twilight at the moment.

So does anyone have the 2 player starter set yet? I went to Target, and they only had those weird cardboard boosters. The hobby shop I went to also only had the 2 'normal' decks. I ordered it from Toywiz a while back, but when I called them recently, they said they didn't get it in yet. I really want a Fluttershy mane character since I'm running a purple/yellow with much more yellow bias, but I have to settle for Twilight at the moment.

When I called Toywiz they told me the manufacturer pushed back the release date.

• Brohoof 1

When I called Toywiz they told me the manufacturer pushed back the release date.

It's estimated that people will get the 2 player set around January. I'm also wanting to run a Fluttershy deck. Guess we have to live with current decks until January.

What other gaming sites sell CCG cards? Would be good to know to see what the best deals are.

Cool Stuff Inc just added MLP stuff to their other CCGs section, but they haven't stocked singles yet. CSI tends to have better prices for Pokemon, Yugioh, and Cardfight Vanguard singles than Toywiz, and they have a customer rewards system, so I buy my singles there or on eBay. Troll and Toad is another store, but they don't have any MLP stuff yet.

Just got me two start decks (Twi/AJ and Rar/RD, couldn't find the last 2) and a couple of boosters..

Now we need a thread about Skyping some games :) anyone else got a camera and wanna figure this out?

Least I do... No one around here is an open Pony fan aside from the girl in my upstairs, but she's too busy of late with her new BF and work.. mostly work though believe it or not..

I know you're out there! I see those empty shelves when I go to stores looking for ponies! grrr...

Just got me two start decks (Twi/AJ and Rar/RD, couldn't find the last 2) and a couple of boosters..

Now we need a thread about Skyping some games :) anyone else got a camera and wanna figure this out?

Least I do... No one around here is an open Pony fan aside from the girl in my upstairs, but she's too busy of late with her new BF and work.. mostly work though believe it or not..

I know you're out there! I see those empty shelves when I go to stores looking for ponies! grrr...

If you want, there's already a thread about this. Here's the thread. I would suggest really learning how this game works and knowing the rules very well. It's a fairly complicated game and I wish the best of luck to people that are trying to play this over Skype. I'll probably give a shot at some point but I'm gonna wait and see how it all plays out. 

• Brohoof 1

If you want, there's already a thread about this. Here's the thread. I would suggest really learning how this game works and knowing the rules very well. It's a fairly complicated game and I wish the best of luck to people that are trying to play this over Skype. I'll probably give a shot at some point but I'm gonna wait and see how it all plays out. 

Did not see that when I did the search! thanks!

Skyping it won't be to bad, just focus the camera on the decks and go I'd think. As long as you don't have a horrid connection/camera there shouldn't be many issues.