Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Okay, I know what your thinking:

This is the stupidest thing ever

But bare with me, for its just a theory.  

So I was re-watching the episode "Baby Cakes yesterday, when it got to the part where Twilight came to try and help.

In one of the parts, Twilight mentions that "Babies are a lot of work, and some people are not cut out to handle the responsibility". When she says that, she is saying that she is cut out for having and raising a child. However, this could be her being cocky about herself.

But the part that makes me think is near the end of it. When Pinkie pushes her out of the house, she say "I'm happy to help, its no trouble at all" very eagerly like she wants to help. Usually, I would expect her to simply accept the fact that pinkie is fine, since she isn't usually THAT eager to help her friends.

In this situation, she just acted very strange. Since she doesn't usually act like this towards her friends, I started thinking that maybe she just want a child. 

• Brohoof 4

I think you read into it a lil too far just seems like twilight was thinking pinkie could not handle the responsabitly and was try to help and came off as a bitch to pinky

• Brohoof 11

Well that's a nice theory and all: I'm sure all of the mane 6 might want to have some little fouls one day.

But to be honest I think your looking a bit too far into it: I think Twilight just came round because she knew Pinkie Pie would probably be making a real mess as Twilight likes to take responsibility.

But it's an interesting theory all the same

:)

• Brohoof 1

Or maybe it's because she took care of Spike ever since she first "hatched" him from his egg, and has developed a natural motherly instinct. Along with her close ties to her friends and a willingness to help, this seems normal of her.

• Brohoof 2

It's more likely that she simply thought that Pinkie couldn't handle taking care of the kids. Don't forget that she also confronted Applejack about her work in "Applebuck Season." Most likely, she didn't want Pinkie to end up like Applejack, and cause more trouble than necessary. 

Her maternal instinct probably played a role in her eagerness to help; being a female, she'd be naturally inclined to take care of children. That doesn't mean, however, that she necessarily wants children of her own. 

• Brohoof 1

Ohh and by the way if the toy are indications twilight is gonna probably be a aunt next season anyways so she can get her babysitting in there

• Brohoof 1

It is possible that she may want a baby, but I don't think a statement about how hard it is to take care of babies is enough evidence to conclusively say that that she wants one. Remember Twilight has actual experience with taking care of a baby, she hatched Spike a baby dragon and did take part in raising him though since she was just a filly when he first hatched she probably did have some help though. I think this factored into why she is with the exception of Applejack the most mature and level headed of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 1

I think there are some theories on Twilight wanting a baby but, Twilight does have experience from taking care of Spike when he was hatched as a egg in Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns.

I think you're trying too hard to find meaning in something that isn't very meaningful. The writers can be subtile but not that subtile. Twilight often cautions her friends and puts limits on what she thinks they are capable of doing. At times she's wrong and at times she's right, but I really think her statement here is one of those "are you sure " questions.

I just think Twilight didn't have much confidence in Pinkie's babysitting abilities, and was just eager to help her out. As others have said, she probably has some previous babysitting experience from Spike, and that made her a bit cocky about it.

Not to be rude. Although it would be a good theory. I think you are just thinking way too hard, finding the meaning of what Twilight Sparkle said: "Babies are a lot of work, and some people are not cut out to handle the responsibility." She's just saying that babies are a lot of work. So, if she says that then you can suggest she means she wouldn't want one.

(edited)

I think she was just talking about her experience with Spike and knows how hard it is to take care of babies,so she offered to help Pinkie since she's inexperienced and is taking care of two babies.That's not to say your theory is bad or anything,but I honestly think that Twilight was just referring to raising Spike from when he was a baby when she offered help.

Edited by CaptainBlue808

This topic scared the crap out of me. Thought it was a Season 4 leak. Relieved it's not. sleep.png

As for the theory, as others have said, you're reading into that scene too much. Just because she has read and learned how to do something, doesn't necessarily mean she wants to do it let alone successfully do it. For example dark magic, she knows how to use it but she doesn't like to. Obviously fillies and black magic are different, but I hope you get my point. 

This topic scared the crap out of me. Thought it was a Season 4 leak. Relieved it's not. sleep.png

As for the theory, as others have said, you're reading into that scene too much. Just because she has read and learned how to do something, doesn't necessarily mean she wants to do it let alone successfully do it. For example dark magic, she knows how to use it but she doesn't like to. Obviously fillies and black magic are different, but I hope you get my point. 

This made me laugh at the though of Princess Twilight being pregnant during season 4..... That would just be hilarious.... Hope it NEVER happens

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, Twilight is still a bit to introverted to EVER think about conceiveing a child........ Adoption really is her best option lol

Never say never, there are plenty of introverted people who are able to overcome that and do things the old fashioned way (if you know what I mean) pretty much every day and her social skills have improved a great deal since the series first began. I think she needs a stallion who is just as much of an egghead as her, except maybe with slightly less OCD like tendencies to balance her out a bit. Plus she has the advantage of being close to Cadence and who is better to ask love advice from than the princess of love? If I had to say who was most likely to have babies though it would definitely be Applejack due to her family tending to have tons and tons of babies.

This made me laugh at the though of Princess Twilight being pregnant during season 4..... That would just be hilarious.... Hope it NEVER happens

I KNOW RIGHT!? That would just be...(shudders). I will say though that I can see Princess Cadance having a baby in Season 4 from a mile away. That would make for a very awkward toy. blink.png

Yet....Mattel did make...this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-AiJn-LVyo

This guy is great BTW happy.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@

@@Party Cannon

Why would it be creepy or wrong for a pony to be pregnant in season 4? There are pregnant women that walk around everyday in public in real life yet that is not considered indecent. My God people, it is not like it is going to show them having sex on screen or anything or even so much as imply anything like that. Twilight Sparkle probably won't be, but Cadence as has been mentioned is very likely.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I think it's just a bit of an over analysis I think she just wanted to help her friends like she always does, and knew pinkie would probaly need a hand with the babies, I don't think she was trying to say she was specifically fit for her own children, but could handle the responsiablity of babysitting(or foal sitting).

An interesting observation though.

• Brohoof 1

Not to be rude. Although it would be a good theory. I think you are just thinking way too hard, finding the meaning of what Twilight Sparkle said: "Babies are a lot of work, and some people are not cut out to handle the responsibility." She's just saying that babies are a lot of work. So, if she says that then you can suggest she means she wouldn't want one.

I guess your right. I was thinking that since she wanted to help, she must think that she is capable.

However, I think you are looking at the first part instead of the second one. I already said for the first one that it may not be that much. 

(edited)

@

@@Party Cannon

Why would it be creepy or wrong for a pony to be pregnant in season 4? There are pregnant women that walk around everyday in public in real life yet that is not considered indecent. My God people, it is not like it is going to show them having sex on screen or anything or even so much as imply anything like that. Twilight Sparkle probably won't be, but Cadence as has been mentioned is very likely.

There's nothing wrong with a pregnant pony. Lest we forget Mrs. Cake had twins. It's not the concept of a pony of having a baby, it's a matter of whom and the implications. Mrs. Cake is a "supporting cast" member, so her filly rearing will not affect the show much past one episode. If it was one of the mane six however, like in reality, it has huge implications of change and character dynamics. The baby would be her priority and would keep her from doing other fun friendship shenanigans. Cadance, though not of the mane six, and her practically inevitable pregnancy has huge implications on Hasbro's toyline. Remember when she got married? EVERYTHING was Canterlot Wedding this and that. If she has a baby it will act as the new marketing theme if you will. Simply put, it won't be wrong, just awkward. Why? Well.....

Edited by Party Cannon

There's nothing wrong with a pregnant pony. Lest we forget Mrs. Cake had twins. It's not the concept of a pony of having a baby, it's a matter of whom and the implications. Mrs. Cake is a "supporting cast" member, so her filly rearing will not affect the show much past one episode. If it was one of the mane six however, like in reality, it has huge implications of change and character dynamics. The baby would be her priority and would keep her from doing other fun friendship shenanigans. Cadance, though not of the mane six, and her practically inevitable pregnancy has huge implications on Hasbro's toyline. Remember when she got married? EVERYTHING was Canterlot Wedding this and that. If she has a baby it will act as the new marketing theme if you will. Simply put, it won't be wrong, just awkward. Why? Well.....

Yeah thats what i was getting at.......  Its not "Wrong" for a pony to be pregnant in the series.... but Twili..... No... just god no.... you think shes bitchy now, just wait till she PREGGO!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Simply put, it won't be wrong, just awkward. Why? Well.....

It looks like I misunderstood what you said then, but I never said it would be a good thing if Twilight became pregnant in season 4 as that would be a bit awkward for obvious reasons. All sorts of questions of who the father is and why we haven't seen him yet would pop up. That happening in the series especially now is unlikely anyway though so I guess there is no point in dwelling on it.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1