Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sparity is still alive?

~StatesTheOblivious~

(edited)

Is this a hint?

post-15746-0-90697200-1371809619.jpg

I have to say that this tweet cheered me up. I don't need to see them dating; or even marrying. But since the whole thing with Spike's crush on Rarity has been kept up during the seasons and even extended with "Secret of my Excess", the fact that Spike is a dog in Equestria Girls shatters my imaginations in some way.

You see, I always thought that this shipping is not just the only canon-wise implied possible relationship of that kind between two of the major characters, but also a good possibility of bringing up the old "Love conquers all" or - in case they won't let it come that far - "Some are just not made for each other". Even though I think the latter is only half true. Yes, he is much younger and would outlive her, but at the same time he "is" greed and she is generosity. Yes, at some times they appear to be very out of character, but hey, that's just standard issues in continuity at show-writing, right? Right? 

So I asked myself, what if this tweet is really hinting a Sparity episode?

What would that reference, if it is tweet-worthy, say about the way the writers see their relationship?

And what could that reference be at all?

Two movies nearly initially came to my mind. The first one is fitting if we just look at the motif in "Secret of my Excess" of the rampaging Dragon who has to be reminded of his very nurture.

post-15746-0-17881600-1371810154_thumb.jpg

That would be extremely simple, but some way repititive. And only an early 90's reference is we just look at the Disney-Version, though.

But then the second movie came to my mind and in a very crude, abstarct way this one fits even better.

post-15746-0-61618700-1371810456_thumb.jpg

Let me explain why this reference would fit for me.

1) Many references in the show, as well as brony-shout-outs, are targeted at the older part of the audience and not all references were fully executed or dedicated to a full episode.

2) It would be the movies premise in a role-gender-reversal.

Think about the last point. There were many scenes in the show that showed Spike as the one who would simply do everything for Rarity. And at the same time, she treats him in a nearly abusive way sometimes, but only because he let it happen. She is the rich woman, willing to push her career and he is the "naughty" guy who wants to be accepted in the end.

I know this is highly speculative and only the way how I see the possibilities of both, that tweet and future Sparity-episodes. So I ask you. What do you think? Is this tweet a hint? Can there be development of Sparity in the future? Will there be Sparity at all or to this extent? Or am I just over-optimistic and read too much into that tweet?

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 5

Am i the only one that read that and right away started thinking of the songs "Murmaider" and "Murmaider 2: The Water God" by Dethklok?

Am i the only one that read that and right away started thinking of the songs "Murmaider" and "Murmaider 2: The Water God" by Dethklok?

*reads lyrics of the songs after watching the music videos*

*blinks*

Dude, that's... dark. 

Now I want to know more about... Killer-Sea-Ponies...?

...Or not...

...Ugh...