Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Happenings in the Everfree RP

LittleRawr

@Mikestar Lyona giggled at Silver Note's reaction. " Oh, you. But seriously, you two are sleeping in the same tent. As your commanding officer, I, uhh... command you. Just don't keep the others up at night with your shenanigans." She winked.

"Shenanigans.... ????????" repeated Silver Note with a drop jawed expression on his face. The wood he'd been carrying dropped to the ground in a clatter. If only he had a dictionary with him, and even better, if only he could read! He sidled over to Cinderblock whispering "It's ok, I'll sleep on the couch." He snickered and and made a concerted effort not to fall to the ground laughing hysterically. Silver Note set about pitching the largest tent he could find in the bundle. So nice of the unicorns to levitate all this equipment here for them. "Ooooo this one has two rooms!"

'' Good thing that the unicorn is long gone.''

"I wouldn't be so sure of that..." Silver Note said, "I know she heard us even if I was in a twitter at the time....

@,"Shouldn't somepony keep watch? We are in the everfree after all, and even though this clearing seems to have some kind of magical protection, well that unicorn might show up or worse!"

(edited)

Cinder stretched and shuffled uncomfortably in the suit of armor as some of the other ponies joined them in the clearing.

"So, whats our plan now?" She said to the group. "There was something weird going on with creepy music mare back there, do we follow up on that or keep looking?"

She finally gave up on trying to get comfortable in the armor and simply removed the heavier sections, keeping the light undercoat - just in case.

Noticing Silvers observation, she took a moment to chime in "Thats ours then!"

(Agh! posting overlap, edited to make sense.)

Edited by Cinderscribe

'' Good point. I guess we are going to keep up, even though I'm not the leader here.'' She said to Cinder.

Finishes stretching her hooves, and starts to gather up her fire potions in her pouches. '' All I know is, this forest is by far the most scary and the most intimidating forest of all time. Well it is a good thing that, we are staying focused.''

(edited)
"So, whats our plan now?" She said to the group. "There was something weird going on with creepy music mare back there, do we follow up on that or keep looking?"   She finally gave up on trying to get comfortable in the armor and simply removed the heavier sections, keeping the light undercoat - just in case.

Silver Note glanced at Lyona, waiting for an answer. "Personally I think somepony should follow up on the unicorn, and perhaps we should also keep looking. The question is how do we follow up? We'd need to talk to her, but obviously would need protection from her charm magic. Cinder do you have any potions that will give selective hearing?"

Well it is a good thing that, we are staying focused.''

Silver Note is distracted by a blue jay fluttering over head and heading east. "What a pretty bird.... Nice wings. I should adopt that flying technique myself." So much for focus. 

"Wait a second that bird is heading EAST, back towards the unicorn. She seems to be drawing the wild life to her, or at least the birds... heh... I can so relate. Sooooooooooooooooo should some pony follow it?" Silver Glanced over at Lyona who seemed half asleep. Facehoof!

(OOC Can I request that we mentioned our OC's name in each post, rather than she did this she did that,  as i have a brain like a sieve and don't always remember. TY!)

Edited by Mikestar

'' Well you tried to stay focus but, I don't think we should follow the birds just yet until Lyona gives us the orders to.'' Well at least we have our priorities in order. Fireblaze said to the group.

Starts to rub her head with her hoof in a confusing fashion.

(I always try to write 'Cinder' at least once) =]

"Uh, 'selective' hearing?" Cinder repeated what Silver had said as if it was a completely alien concept. "Uh, nope. I've got a load that kind of... do... other things. I guess you could try just drinking a few? Thats how I find out which is which usually."

She ran a hoof down one of the belts, motioning to each bottle in turn.

"Not sure, Not sure, Glue, Not sure, one of those two gives you the hiccups, the other one might heighten your senses... I've never even SEEN that one before..." She shrugged. "It's more fun if you don't know what they do."

She lay back and watched the foliage overhead.

"Anyway, I think bunking down for the night might be a good idea, a few of you seemed to be a bit, disorientated, by her."

'' All I know is, we need to watch each others backs. Also, we need to watch our own in case of any mysterious animal sightings.''

Fireblaze said to herself. Putting her hooves together evilly.

'' This forest is like an insane asylum, just to keep the crazy things inside.''

Walking to the foliage, looking for some space for our tents.

"Uh, 'selective' hearing?" Cinder repeated what Silver had said as if it was a completely alien concept. "Uh, nope. I've got a load that kind of... do... other things. I guess you could try just drinking a few? Thats how I find out which is which usually."   She ran a hoof down one of the belts, motioning to each bottle in turn.   "Not sure, Not sure, Glue, Not sure, one of those two gives you the hiccups, the other one might heighten your senses... I've never even SEEN that one before..." She shrugged. "It's more fun if you don't know what they do."

As much as Silver Note loved randomness.... he didn't fancy the idea of taking some weird unknown potion.He'd been through enough weirdness.

"Ur I think I'll pass for now. Til we receive further orders." he said.

"Anyway, I think bunking down for the night might be a good idea, a few of you seemed to be a bit, disorientated, by her."

Silver Note raised his eye brow in Cinder's direction. Clearing his throat he simply replied.... "I had it aaaaaaaaaaaaalll under complete control. She won't catch me off guard again."

'' All I know is, we need to watch each others backs. Also, we need to watch our own in case of any mysterious animal sightings.'' Fireblaze said to herself. Putting her hooves together evilly. '' This forest is like an insane asylum, just to keep the crazy things inside.'' Walking to the foliage, looking for some space for our tents.

Silver pondered to himself, Including the crazy ponies....

Then  he flopped down in the tent staying at the entrance so he could keep watch.

'' Indeed, including the crazy ponies. So, let's all get some sleep right now.'' Fireblaze said.

'' Besides, I need my sleep so badly. So let's fall asleep and dream about things that we dream about.'' Jumping in her tent, snuggling in her sleeping bag. '' Well goodnight, everypony.'' Sleeping in her sleeping bag.

"Sure you did..." Cinder rolled her eyes at Silver. "... How's your side, by the way?"

Standing and stretching, she ambled around the tents to stretch her legs before throwing the armour into a pile beside the tent.

"Night 'Blaze" she said a little uneasily, waving at the mare.

"Well, I guess that's me calling it too. Want me to take second watch?"

(edited)

'' Indeed, including the crazy ponies. So, let's all get some sleep right now.'' Fireblaze said.

Silver Note gawked at Fireblaze. img-1612212-1-jawdrop_zps0a5779d6.jpg Can she read my thoughts? he wondered. Nah, had to be a co incidence.... then again... she was kind of .... weird.

"Good night!" he said out loud.

"Sure you did..." Cinder rolled her eyes at Silver. "... How's your side, by the way?"

"My side? Oh it's just fine" Silver rubbed his aching ribs.

"Well, I guess that's me calling it too. Want me to take second watch?"

"Sounds like a plan!"

Silver remained awake keeping watch at the entrance of the tent, folding his wings at his side and remaining alert and ready for action!

*yawn*

Yes extremely ready for action!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Silver Note started awake again... newp.... he was oh so ready for any action!

img-1612212-2-19942__safe_derpy-hooves_a

(Edit Cinder posted at the same time I did so made a quick edit to fit that in so it made sense.)

Edited by Mikestar
  • Brohoof 1

Cinder dodged past Silver and into the tent, closing up her side as she lay down. Second watch - that was fine. A couple if hours sleep would be plenty if she took a second dose...

Slumping down onto the surprisingly comfortable sheets she let sleep overcome her - fully prepared to be woken in a couple of hours.

(And on that note, time for me to get some sleep myself, night folks.)

Fireblaze waits for the hours to pass by, while she starts to file her hooves with a nail flier. Waking up with her eyes open, raising her two front hooves up to her head in excitement.

'' I don't know about you guys, but I slept like a filly last night. I finally got some decent sleep.'' Fireblaze said to herself.

( Have a good night sleep. Night to you, Cinder. wink.png )

(edited)

Silver Note was awakened by the noise of somepony filing their hooves. What a time do do that! 

EEEEEEsssssh that noise goes right through me like scratching your hooves down a chalk board. He thought to himself. He shot Fireblaze a disgruntled look then he glanced up at the fading stars. His watch was nearly over.... the sun was beginning to rise! The animal noises were settling down and all this all called for....

A song!

(This sorta goes to the tune of Winter Wrap up)

(spoken) Wake up Everypony, it's morning!

(sang)

Oh, We headed to the forest
On a mission we were sent
And all we heard was eerie sounds
Most everywhere we went
A spooky equine sang her charms
This purple unicorn
The most unusual thing was that 
She had a broken horn

The time has come to do our jobs
And scout the Everfree
But it's not the time to prance and play
Lyona yells at me
How can I help if I can't laugh?
What does everypony do?
How do I fit in with out singing?
I haven't got a clue!

Everfree mission, Everfree mission
This quest is so unclear
Everfree Mission, Everfree Mission
And this group is kind of drear
And the dangers very near

We pitched our tents at this strange clearing
With peril all around
And Lyona keeps on telling me
"Shut up, don't make a sound"
We're all creeped out by
Fireblaze's evil grin
When I get charmed
Cinderblock kicks me in the shin....

Everfree mission, Everfree Mission
And the dawn is nearly here
Everfree Mission, Everfree Mission
Won't you sing and dance and cheer?
Everfree Mission Everfree Mission
And I won't give in to fear.

Think it's time to have a beer.

img-1613076-1-Derpycheesy_zps9c8516e1.jp

(EDIT: Ok so it actually does work I can sing it to Winter Wrap up... which i was tempted to record... but if Silver Note isn't that great of a singer he's at least better than me so won't torture you all! LOL, Well at least not more than I already do in this RP img-1613076-2-tongue.png )
Edited by Mikestar
  • Brohoof 3

'What the hay is... Oh. Of course.' Cinders mind grumbled, though outwardly she couldn't help but smile as she heard him sing about each of them in surprising accuracy.

Poking her head out into the clearing she looked up at the lightening sky. Had she slept all night? Why hadn't she been woken up to take her watch...?

"You fell asleep didn't you?" She scolded the Pegasus halfheartedly before shaking her head and turning to more important matters. "You hungry?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
"You fell asleep didn't you?" She scolded the Pegasus halfheartedly before shaking her head and turning to more important matters. "You hungry?"

"Asleep? Me? Of course not! I'm completely innocent" img-1613266-1-innocent_zpsf822425b.jpg "Besides, how could anypony sleep with all your snoring?!"

Silver Note noted a loud grumbling in his stomach and realized he hadn't eaten since yesterday. "So breakfast.... lets see.... Muffins, cupcakes, or dandelion seeds? Oh, oh, oh I know.... OATMEAL!"

Silver Note did a quick back flip in his excitement and started to build a fire out of the sticks he'd collected.

"Fireblaze.... do the honors of lighting that?" He said, turning to the firey mare.

(OOC - Drew this during my lunch break today and don't really have time to color it since I'm working on some other projects at the moment and it takes ages to color them! May color it at some future time.)

img-1613266-2-EverfreeRP272dpi_zps67c154

Edited by Mikestar
  • Brohoof 2

Lyona woke up with a headache. She rolled over, groaning. - It's way to early. Who wakes up at this time? Gaaah!- The mare covered her eyes to shield them from the sun. She tried to lick her lips, only to find her tongue and throat dry.

" Anypony have coffee by any chance?" She croaked. " Or water. Anything to drink? I'm gonna die of thirst." 

(edited)

Grinning evilly, Cinder jumped up towards Lyona. She didn't feel particularly wide awake herself but after her little joke last night this was too good an opportunity to pass up.

"Good mooooorning!" She chirped in the most cheerful voice she could manage: it had never failed at annoy Scribe or Symphony when they were groggy back home. "Come on sleepy, up you get! Your supposed to be leading us, not sleeping in!"

She bounced right up to her commanding officers face, beaming in the most irritating manner she could.

"Coffee? Uh, nope. Got this though!" She held out a vial. "It'll wake you up. Same stuff I took yesterday, well, older recipe. Doesn't taste as good but it still works!"

Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

Lyona watched Cinder. Her eye twitched. " How are you so happy this early? You sure you don't have any special magical powers that makes you awake this early? Gaah! I'm repeating myself." She buried her face into her pillow.

"Coffee? Uh, nope. Got this though!" She held out a vial. "It'll wake you up. Same stuff I took yesterday, well, older recipe. Doesn't taste as good but it still works!"

The pegasus looked up again, and gulped down the potion. She gagged at the taste, and slowly got up from her make-shift tent. She slapped herself a couple of time to move along the process. 

" We'll start planning when everypony else wakes up." She told Cinder, and removed the pegs of her tent. The tent then magically folded itself into a small square, which Lyona promptly placed into her saddle bags.

Edited by Lynette

(edited)

Following suit, Cinder looked at her own sleeping space: lack of magic not stopping her from being determined to pack in record time as well. She assessed the tent for a second before rearing back and kicking squarely into the main support.

A few minutes later it had been unceremoniously rolled into a smaller size and forcefully compressed into its bag.

'It should be fine. Probably.'

Still bouncing about (mostly to annoy Lyona) she occasionally let out small, unconfined snorts of laughter under her breath.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@, Silver Note glanced at Lyona. 'Not an early riser apparently.' He thought to himself grinning from ear to ear.

Silver Note thoughts ran rampant. "My My, Cinder if flightier than usual too. Perhaps the daylight has perked her up... or one of those funny potions of hers." Silver flicked his tail from side to side deep in thought. 'Or maybe it was my singing! That's it... it was my singing."

Silver cleared his throat. "Ahem. Good morning Lyona, I have a report to make. Last night I noticed some birds flying east, towards where we saw that unicorn in the forest. They seem to be being drawn to her and it might be some kind of clue as to what's going on here,and if you're not too sleepy, perhaps you could let us know what you want us to do from here?" He handed her a bowl of oatmeal with a 'wakie wakie' look on his face. (probably an eye brow wiggle)

(OOC - eeeesh I forgot Lyona was a pegasus will have to add wings to the drawing and upload it again. Sowwy.... Wasn't at home to look up your character sheet. *puppy dog eyes*)

Still bouncing about (mostly to annoy Lyona) she occasionally let out small laughs under her breath.

Silver Note gawked at Cinder in a drop jawed expression. What's she on about? Who stole the old Cinderblock and replaced her with this one? Did he put too many oats in her oatmeal?

Silver approached Cinder saying "Is everything ok Cinder, you seem a bit..... " frisky   " Ummm" Silver scratched his head for a moment... "Bubbly... more so than I've noticed before." Why did I even ask this question? Facehoof!

(edited)
Still bouncing about (mostly to annoy Lyona) she occasionally let out small, unconfined snorts of laughter under her breath.

Lyona rolled her eyes. The potion still hasn't kicked in, she felt as if she was ready to drop and sleep at any moment. She let out a loud yawn. She glared at Silver who was grinning as well.

"Ahem. Good morning Lyona, I have a report to make. Last night I noticed some birds flying east, towards where we saw that unicorn in the forest. They seem to be being drawn to her and it might be some kind of clue as to what's going on here,and if you're not too sleepy, perhaps you could let us know what you want us to do from here?" He handed her a bowl of oatmeal with a 'wakie wakie' look on his face. (probably an eye brow wiggle)

Lyona buried her face in the oatmeal, munching rather noisily. She looked up. " We'll make plans when everypony else wakes up. " She buried her face in the bowl again.

((It's okay, don't get too bothered about it :3))

Edited by Lynette

"Heh. I'm fine, I'm fine." She said joyously before scooting over to Silver and whispering in a conspiring tone "I'll tell you when it kicks in in about an hour."

Grabbing a helping of oatmeal, she began to eat to stifle her good humour.

'And I wondered why I kept the mixture that caused hiccuping...!' She laughed in her mind.

Lyona was in a slouching position with the bowl in her hooves. Her wings lay limply by her side. Suddenly, the bowl fell from Lyona's grasp and fell to the ground. The pegasus' eyes were closed, and her muzzle was covered in the oatmeal. 

As if pushed by a wind, Lyona fell face-first onto the bowl of oatmeal. Seconds later, loud and echoing snoring sounds were heard.

"I didn't do it!" Cinder said instinctively, a perfectly rehearsed line which she had down to perfection.

'Why does everypony keep falling asleep after drinking these?"

She moved the oatmeal away from Lyona carefully.

"She'll be fine. Same thing happened to 'Blaze." She shrugged. "Energy mixture, wakes you right up... Or not, as the case may be."

Holding a hoof to her muzzle to think for a moment, she also added.

"Never did that to me... Maybe I need a larger control group? Anyway, 'Blaze woke up after a few minutes before."