Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Happenings in the Everfree RP

LittleRawr

img-1727058-3-scribeavatar2_by_cinderscr img-1732680-1-bardicavatar_by_cinderscri

"Have you any idea what's going on?" muttered Scribe to the tall unicorn beside him, casually standing against the wall by the door in the guard armour.

"I know not. I believe that your kin is about to get in trouble however, if he does not learn the art of 'shutting the mouth'." Bardic answered calmly as he examined the plate curiously.

They shared a serious look before bursting into a fit of sniggering.

"Heh, I guess we just... Wait here until they get out?" Shrugged Scribe.

Edited by Cinderscribe

The group made their way to the Princess. Her smile faded a little at the sight of their injuries. 

Lyona bowed before her, before looking up again. " You called for us, your highness?"

Princess Celestia laughed gently. " No need to bow before me. You all can be counted as my equals now, thanks to your bravery and persistence. I am glad to see that you're unhurt. Well, not fatally. I apologize for not sending more reinforcements to aid you. There seemed to have been an invisible, magic force field surrounding the forest. Not even I was able to get through." A frown marred her features. " My student, Twilight Sparkle, had informed me of what had happened in the forest. I want to congratulate you on your success in beating Gmork. My scholars had researched this beast when we found out that he had been the one aggravating the animals. He is quite the foe, and I am glad that he is no longer here. "

A servant walked up to the Princess, and whispered something into her ear. After a moment, she nodded and whispered something back. The pony scurried off quickly. 

" And now, it is time for the knighting." Seeing the confused expressions on their faces, she smiled. " You all were very brave to defeat Gmork. Brave enough to warrant this ceremony. Braver, even."

With that being said, a golden aura enveloped a sword that had been at her side. It had a rather simple design, with a light gold hild and gleaming silver blade. The Princess then walked to Lyona, levitating the sword. 

" In thanks to thy service to the land of Equestria, I dub thee Knight. " The Princess then tapped her on each shoulder with the sword. " In addition, I present to you a gift." She levitated over a beautiful sky blue stone, which was attached to a necklace. " You will find out what it does one day." The Princess winked, then moved on to knight the other ponies.

She gave everypony a gift after they had been knighted. Bottomless saddlebags for Cinder, a beautiful silver flute to Silver Note, a special snow-white quill to Minty, a magical compass to Redwave, and an enchanted book to Fireblaze.

" If you wish, you all may leave." Princess Celestia smiled.

You can store anything in those saddlebags, as long as the object passes through the opening. Think of the object you want and it'll appear on top after you've put it in.

The silver flute is magical, Mike can decide what it does.

The quill is also magical, it had never-ending ink and if you write something on paper and think of a pony then say a word of your choosing, it sends the paper to that pony.

The magical compass finds ponies, not places.

The enchanted book is basically a library, just think of the information you want then open the book. It can also serve as a notebook and a diary.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome post is awesome :P It finds ponies Huh? Sounds great for Red. The way you worded that also gives me an idea for a fun little side plot :P

img-1732961-1-redwavedarkavatar_by_cinde

Redwave grumbled under his breath as he left the room: this wasn't part of the deal. He had a reputation to uphold for ponies sake!

"Kingfisher!" He barked as he stepped out of the grand hall. "See if you can sell this."

He threw the gift though the air to the mare who was standing beside the two unicorns, who proceeded to nod and trot out of the castle.

Lyona walked out of the hall, an eye on the necklace that she was given. Shrugging, she put it around her neck and continued walking.

@,

" Did you just throw the compass?" Lyona frowned. " It could be useful, y'know. And plus, it was given to you by the friggin' Princess.

Redwave shrugged, already in a less-than-appreciative mood.

"Why would I need a compass? Better it go to somepony who needs it and I get something I need: bits."

He slumped cockily against the column that he had been leaning on earlier and started to play with the gemstone around his neck."Huh?"

Reaching a hoof down to a sudden weight at his side, he lifted an ornate compass.

"... Kingfisher you idiot, you forgot the thing!" He looked out of the door. His companion had vanished towards the docks. "... I think."

"... Kingfisher you idiot, you forgot the thing!" He looked out of the door. His companion had vanished towards the docks. "... I think."

" Seems like the compass likes you so much, it refuses to leave." Lyona laughed a little. She then looked at the compass, a plan formulating in her mind." Give it to me, let's try something." She held her hoof out expectantly.  I wonder what this compass does other than stick to it's owner.

"It's a compass. It can't 'like' things..." Red grumbled under his breath as he carelessly passed Lyona the spinning dial.

"Things busted anyway, North's that way!" He added.

Fan-bucking-tastic. Not only had the Princess ruined his name and given him a useless trinket, he couldn't even sell the thing!

Lyona started backing up, the compass in one hoof. She made sure to look at it, blinking as little as she could. Maybe it's a compass for something else, not directions? But one thing that I am sure about, Redwave's the only one who can use it. It did teleport back to him after all...

Redwave decided to put the irksome trinket out of mind: it would either stay with Lyina or turn up sooner or later anyway.

"Can you sell a knighthood? Where has the fool Scribe gone? He has always been interested in such things..." He glanced about, missing the cluster of ponies they had already passed who had been waiting by the door.

"Can you sell a knighthood? Where has the fool Scribe gone? He has always been interested in such things..."

" I doubt it. It's a title, and you can't-" Lyona called, but as she blinked again the compass was gone. " It's gone!" I must've walked about ten meters away. That's the limit, I guess. 

" Do you have it?" Lyona asked, walking back to him. I'm still curious about what the compass actually does... 

Reaching down again, red raised the device in a hoof and shot it a very annoyed sideways glance. "Of course I have the tiresome thing..." He started to mutter before trailing off.

The needle wasn't quite where it had been before. It was pointing almost in the opposite direction. He turned and looked at the pair of not-guards chatting beside the door they had recently come through.

"On second thoughts... Perhaps I should not refuse a gift from our benevolent princess." He said shiftily, allowing the compass to sit heavily at his side. "It is starting to grow on me."

Edited by Cinderscribe

"On second thoughts... Perhaps I should not refuse a gift from our benevolent princess." He said shiftily, allowing the compass to sit heavily at his side. "It is starting to grow on me."

Lyona raised an eyebrow. " Oh, really? I could swear that just a few seconds ago you called it tiresome..." What's with the sudden change of attitude? " Did you figure out what it does or something?" She asked, wondering.

(I just realized, Redwave and Lyona haven't really interacted much.)

"I can change my mind, can I not? I found your group tiresome to begin with, yet opinions can shift like the tide." The sailor said, aiming to avoid the question with a grin.

"I simply believe that I should remain less critical of such a kind gift..." He lied, wondering if he could somehow twist the title to his advantage somehow as well.

'This... This may actually prove useful...'

Work is quiet today, which translates to Red having a lot to say :P

• Brohoof 1

"I can change my mind, can I not? I found your group tiresome to begin with, yet opinions can shift like the tide." The sailor said, aiming to avoid the question with a grin.

" Huh, true." He's trying to change the subject. Lyona thought, narrowing her eyes. 

"I simply believe that I should remain less critical of such a kind gift..." He lied, wondering if he could somehow twist the title to his advantage somehow as well.

" Yeah, right. If you don't feel like telling me, I'm fine with it. I can respect your choice." Lyona landed on three hooves, wanting to rest her wings for a bit. I do wonder what my necklace does, though. She thought, holding the blue stone up again.

"What' strange act does the jewellery do then?" He enquiried curiously: mostly only caring now that he had figured that the gifts were actually practical and more than just trinkets.

He let the compass fall to his side, needle slowly rotating seemingly at random with his thoughts.

@,

"I... Why would you even suggest such a thing?" Red exclaimed somewhat loudly. "I simply do not have time to stand here until the rise of the next princess!"

(( OOC: It's so hard to live in a different time zone.. Anyway, I'll proceed with what was happening earlier. ))

After tucking Celestia's gift deep into her wing so it wouldn't fall out, Minty listened to Redwave's ignorance of Celestia's gift. "Why would you want to sell Celestia's gift?! First, you insult the rest of the Royal Guard, then you insult Celestia's gift!?" Minty shouted back, before realizing the mistake that left her mouth.

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

"What' strange act does the jewellery do then?" He enquiried curiously: mostly only caring now that he had figured that the gifts were actually practical and more than just trinkets.

" I don't know. When she gave it to me, she said that I'll find out what it means later. I doubt that this is 'later' enough." Lyona attempted to look at it from different angles, to see if something would change.

When Minty started yelling at Redwave, Lyona quietly backed away. Best to not intervene. They'll solve it themselves... I hope.

Any ideas for what the stone should do? I'm have no idea myself xD

(( phone ran out if power, am totally not plugging it into the secure network to charge it so that I can RP, honest! ))

@

"I can do what I please with what is mine!" Growled the earth pony. Something was wrong: he had always had a temper but this, over something so trivial...

"What does it matter to you anyway?" He shouted.

@

"The princess herself gave it to you! And the rest of the Royal Guard are ponies, too! Show them a little respect! You know what, forget me going on your, 'romantic voyage.' I don't want to anymore." Minty shouted back, storming out of the palace, flying away, crying. "I even thought he was NICE."

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

@

"I have as little respect for the guard as they have for me" Yelled Redwave, letting out all of the anger and tension of everything that had happened in the past week.

'What are you saying you fool, hold your tongue!'

"Stay then! See how much it slows me down! Bardic, get to the ship!"

The tall not-guard who had been watching and showing little more than a passive interest simply nodded, bid a single word farewell to Scribe and left.

"I knew that returning was a mistake."

Edited by Cinderscribe