Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Happenings in the Everfree RP

LittleRawr

img-1640777-1-cinderthumbnail_by_cinders

@@Mikestar,

"Well it didn't work the first thirty or so times..." The mare shrugged. "... it was bound to go right eventually. The mugs normally fall over."

She waved a hoof around, making vague deferences to the layout of the house that didn't even nearly match up to the motions she was making.

"Bathrooms upstairs, second door on your right. I don't think we can really help the uniform thing... most of us lost them somehow."

She thought for a minute.

"I haven't seen Red since we got out of the forest. Minty seems a little broken up over it and I think Lyona's still a bit unstable on that hoof. That said, we could be a lot worse off." She said, shifting her weight so that the black ointment better covered her surprisingly minor wounds. "Oh, and Scribes around somewhere apparently. I haven't seen him yet though."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Mikestar, @@LittleRawr, @@Scootalove, @

Minty, eventually, trotted downstairs quietly for something to eat. Besides, she couldn't stand the taste of her tears anymore. When she got downstairs, though, she had a neutral expression. Get something edible, go back upstairs, then resume ugly crying. That's it; no talkin needed. At least she hoped so.

img-1640777-1-cinderthumbnail_by_cinders

@,

"Minty? Are you okay?" Cinder asked as the green mare passed the room: she looked miserable, it was awful.

"Have some coffee, come sit with us." She said softly, not really sure what she was going to say if she did: It just seemed like the right thing to do - give her somepony to talk to, if she wanted.

@

Minty looked back at the pony who just attempted to talk to her. "I guess so.." Minty muttered to herself, trotting over to the table and making sure not to talk to anypony in particular. She looked down so she wouldn't make any eye contact, or show how much of a wreck she looked like.

@,

Cinder pushed a steaming mug towards the mint mare hopefully, cocking her head to the side. "Are you okay?"

'Thank Celestia Scribe isn't here to make thing worse.' She thought as she watched Minty: she looked miserable. "Do you want to talk?" Cinder asked timidly.

@

"No, no, I'm fine. I just.." Minty quickly thought that she should change the subject. "So, are we all ever going to see each other again after tomorrow? I guess our Everfree Forest expedition is over.. It'd be horrible to never see each other after this. We've made some close friendships and bonds.."

@,

"I certainly hope so! I wouldn't want to lose contact with any of you!" Cinders eyes flickered towards Silver for the briefest of moments. "We had some good times even given the circumstances: remember jumping into the Mirror Pool? Or when Ineptus fell into the river?" She let out a small burst of laughter. "... three or four times?"

@

Minty smiled. "Those were some pretty good times." Minty said, recapping pushing Cinder into the pool. "I sure am going to miss everypony. I can't believe our adventure is already coming to an end. It's like it was just yesterday that Celestia assigned us to go on this mission.."

@,

"I know... though if we stay in touch I doubt this will be the last time we find ourselves in events like this. Adventure seems to follow me around like an annoying shadow." Cinder smirked. "You know, It's easy to think of it as an adventure. If it wasn't for the uniform I probably would have forgotten we were a part of the guard..."

Of course, most of them hadn't made it out with their armor.

"Hey, Minty? If we ever do run into anything like this again, would you come with us? Me and Scribe tend to end up in trouble like this a lot, it would be nice to have some other ponies we knew to help out."

@

Minty nodded. "Sure I will! I'd love to tag along..! I just don't think we'd be seeing each other for a while.." Minty sighed. "Well, who are you going to miss the most? I think you already know my answer, but I didn't get to know you very well. What's with you..?" Minty asked.

@

"I don't know... we have guests here all the time, I guess I was just hoping that some of you ponies might stay visit from time to time: that way I wouldn't have to miss anyone." She gave an embarrassed smile.

"I know it's a stupid idea, you don't have to say it... I don't know. It's going to be strange without Lyona: Scribes not exactly a great pony to go to for advice on... anything other than hitting things and being an idiot really."

She neglected to mention Silver, who was sitting just across the room from her.

@

"How do you know him, though? Are you marefriend and coltfriend or something?" Minty asked, smirking. After no response, Minty abandoned her previous remark. "Heh, sorry, sorry. Well, I'll probably miss Redwave the most. He's gone right now. I wish I could've said goodbye."

@,

"What? No! Why does everypony keep thinking th..." In hindsight, she could kind of see why. She sighed.

"It's a really long story, involving a lot of snow and ice, some mountains and a unicorn warlord's ghost wanting us dead." She shrugged. "I didn't have any friends or a real place to live after that so... I kind of just ended up here. Living through something like that, you cant help but form friendships that just... don't break."

She paused as she considered Redwaves actions. It seemed perfectly in character for him to just up and leave: or at least it would have done, had he not changed so much since meeting them.

"You should ask Scribe if he knows anything. They're related... or at least, thats what Red told me when I asked."

@

"They're COUSINS!? No wonder..! He was mentioning his cousin saying that he was running out of time and begging forgiveness.. I should've known..! Anyway.. you act pretty.. I don't know, weird around Silver. Less sarcastic. No offense. Anyway, care to explain why?" Minty asked.

@,

"Uhm... Would 'no' be an acceptable answer?" Cinder stalled, a look somewhere between a bright smile and pure horror showing on her face. She remembered what he had said, back in the keep. What she had said back to him...

She glanced over at the stallion, who seemed far too interested in the food to be paying them any attention.

"Stop looking at me like that! I don't know, It's... weird. Yeah, that!" She finished without giving any kind of reasonable answer, flushing crimson under her dark coat.

@,

Minty smirked, turning upside down, while flying. "Tell meeeeee..!" Minty whined, putting her hooves in a pleading gesture and her eyes were big. "Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasse." Minty kept saying to annoy Cinder, hoping to get it out of her. "I know you like somepony here!"

Silver tried to act as nonchalant as possible while the mares discussed him."am I just invisible or something?' he wondered. He cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Nice toast Sooty"

He turned to Minty. @, "We all knew Redwave planned to leave after the mission. Maybe he'll come back some day and realize that we were his friends." Silver shrugged. it felt weird referring to Redwave as a friend.

"I'll miss Derpy the most" he said quietly. His ears drooped remembering her, not sure if he'd ever see his close friend again. 

"I... need to go do something...brush my mane, get this knot out...." he left the two mares ad searched for the bathroom. He just didn't want them to see he was crying.

@,

As Silver moved, almost immediately being mentioned, Cinder froze up: the crimson taking precedence over the brown of her coat.

"Did he just...?"

'Of course he heard you!'

She winced. "I don't know, okay? I don't exactly have a control group or experience or anything to compare!" The mare exclaimed. "I've never... I've not..."

Nope, the words she were looking for were long gone. It was time to stammer awkwardly, it seemed. "He's got wings!" She practically squeaked in alarm: the situation and her denial rapidly spiraling out of control.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Silver ripped at the knot with a brush glaring at his reflection. "Maybe I should just fly on ahead., not like I need to take the train. Get this mission over with."  He managed to get the knot out and closed himself into the shower scrubbing at his dapples wishing he could just as them off. He came out shaking like a dog and toweled his coat dry.

"Nopony will even notice me sneaking out the door. They can catch up in Canterlot" he decided. He'd leave as soon as his feathers were dry enough.

Lyona walked into the room, having heard chatter. Minty and Cinder were probably having some girl talk. She smirked.

" Is everypony ready? If yes, we're heading to the train station now. If you live in Canterlot like I do, don't forget to get everything. And, if you're worried about armor, you'll get some new stuff to replace what you've lost."

@, @@LittleRawr,

Minty nodded. "Yes, we're ready. Canterlot, here we come.." Minty said. "I hope Redwave is coming.." Minty trotted upstairs and took down her saddlebag. "Let's get going." Minty trotted to the train station and started to get paranoid about the fact that she might never see Redwave again, or even see the others.

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

Just in time, a train pulled in which was heading for Canterlot. The group quickly got aboard. Since they were Royal Guards heading back from a mission, they stayed in the luxury part of the train.

" Make yourselves comfortable. It's going to take a couple of hours to get there. "

(I'm in an airport now, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to reply. Hence this train thing taking time. )

Silver watched the train leave and took off towards Canterlot himself, flying above and past the train which was slower than his wings could take him. He'd packed his saddle bag with what was left of his belongings, which was basically just his musical instruments. He decided he'd wait for them at the other end.

He sang sadly as he flew, thinking about Cinderblock the whole time.

"Just need to let it go....." he thought miserably. "never had much luck with mares, I'm sure Mikestar will get  good laugh out of this one."

((OOC been too long since Silver sang something.))

Lyona opened the window and waves at Silver, yelling something. Shaking her head, she motioned for him to come into the train.

I hope that he heard me... Or at least understood my awkward hoof gestures. Lyona retreated into the train, but still was looking out.

Silver noticed Lyona's waving. He face hoofed in the air. "it's probably an order so I'd better go to her"

He swooped down and hovered outside the window keeping up with the train.

"Ma'am?" He said "You needed to seem me about something?" 

At her motioning he flew through the window and landed inside the train beside her.