Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper II: Kingdom of Darkness

BlackShardNixium

@,

@

Nexus made a rather unpleasant sound at the halved zombie. Looking around at the surrounding area, there were a few zombies, a dozen or so squid ponies, and in the distance, the wrecked bus was present. Nexus thought about how to leave safely. If he wasn't the only winged member of the group, he could of simply flown out. Wait, that's it.

"Here, let me fly up and see of I can't locate a safe exit." He flapped his wings, and was off, searching for a safe route.

(Didn't want to do everything in one post.)

• Brohoof 1

@, My'Kola gave Garrison a half smile. "Sure... I guess you could call me that. It doesn't really matter." He stood up and made his way towards the door. "Now we're only waiting on Scorpiok."

@@rolle

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare paused, and then nodded. "That would be a good idea," he commented.

Scorpiok walked over to my'Kola and the two pony mutation Garrison ¨shall we go to the murder scene?¨ he said with the cold voice of his as he looked at garrison ¨Also please dont make me be needing to heal you¨ he continued to stand there until he got the order to leave.

(i got nothing i can think off so i just made something up to get the char limit)

As Solar Flare opened the door, Lume took a step slightly aback, shivering. The cold breeze and the eerie atmosphere from outside reminded her of how terrified she was of that place. But that had been a couple of days ago: since then, she had promised herself that she wouldn't be that same coward anymore. She took a deep breath and carefully stepped outside, soon gaining sight of the several monsters around. She just watched as Solar Flare rushed in front of her and tore one of them apart, shuddering slightly upon that scene.

"You know the city better than me. We need to get out of it, any ways possible. Even if it's the exact opposite side of where we want to be. You mind getting us through this part?"

"Here, let me fly up and see of I can't locate a safe exit."

"Be careful!" Lume said to Nexus in concern, but he had already taken off. She quickly returned her attention to her surroundings, trying to be as silent as she could.

@,

@,

Nexus made sure to stay high enough that he could remain undetected. Looking over the land, he spots a safe route, and quickly makes his way back to the party, landing with a dull thud.

"Southwest of us, about a 10 minute walk, there is a gate that leads out of town. The only obstacles are a few squiddies, and a small pack of zombies."

(edited)

@@rolle,@, My'Kola nodded. "Let's get going, then."

As they passed out of the door, he said, over his shoulder, "We need to head to one of the eastern entrances to the city. Then, one of Moon Crypt's friends is going to be picking us up and take us over to the Crystal Empire."

@@ActFast231, @, @, Solar Flare nodded and, looking around, started to walk towards the gate...

... Nexus heard a shriek nearby. As well as the feeling that he was not alone in the sky...

@, @@Psych Ward,

White Rose gazed nervously at Moon Crypt, who stood up when the others left. "Alright. Unlike the others, we do not have to travel to reach our destination, so we get to be the first ones done." He looked from Midnight, to Arriana, to Fen, and then too White Rose. "Alright... step one: We need to be able to get from here to Town Hall without being spotted by any patrols- including aerial ones. Two, we do have to go recon the city as well as the entire laboratory- as I do not think that that one part was it.  While performing recon in the labs, we need to find the rift to Tartarus, as well as any alchemy notes that might be able to use to help our... friends." He gave a weak smile to Fen, Who was not looking at all very confident. "Third, there are two artifacts that I would like to recover. And, fourth... we need to clear out the laboratory. Whether we subdue, kill, help, or chase away the mutants."

Moon Crypt paused, and looked at the others. "So... any suggestions? Ideas? Questions?"

Edited by Thunder Knight

@,

¨Then what are we waiting for...¨ he said as he had his eyes open to get ready to be ambushed if possible 'i hope the big guy know how to fight... But he most likely trained for this mission like me even if i didnt need it... Not with my magic atleast' he thought as he started to think about many ways to kill those mutants and possibly a demon.

@,

@,

"I'm going to provide air support while you two make your way to the exit." Nexus took off again, sailing high above the ground. He then heard a strange shriek. Turning his head, he see's several squiddies flying towards him. They were larger than the average mutant, and had bat wings as well. They appeared to be in attack formation. And they were moving in fast.

"Couldn't be easy could it?" He muttered to himself. Nexus barrel rolled to the left. avoiding a charging mutant, and began evasive maneuvers to avoid the others. Bat wings may not be very good for speed, but they are great for agile movement. Nexus now has his claws out, the enchantment activated. He now has a blue, electric contrail following behind him. Nexus flips himself so that his belly is facing the sky, and begins to free fall, falling through a squad of flying mutants. He rotates around and opens his wings again, bringing his plummet to a sudden halt. The mutant squad is hot on his tail now, and he pulls up, flying over his party. Luckily, the mutant squad is too busy with him to deal with them. Nexus brings himself upright, ceasing acceleration rapidly, holding his claws out. He had the blunt end out, and only zapped the three mutants he hit. They began falling, twitching violently as they did. The landed roughly, and when they tried to stand up, the simply fell over themselves in a pile of tentacles and wings. Whether this was due to the shock or something else, he could not tell.

He had 4 more left. Now he extended the shortsword, making the contrail shine more brilliantly. He did a flip in the air, getting behind the mutants, where he flapped his wings forward with all his might. he managed to catch up to one, and bopped his back with his electrified shortsword, blunt end first. It lost control, and crashed into another mutant, sending them both to the ground. And once again, they were near incapable of moving around on foot. Two left. They spilt apart, and got on each side of him, charging around in the air. Nexus was barely evading, but eventually clocked another mutant. He was glad he as able to take them all down non-lethally.

He couldn't see where the last mutant was as he sped along, until it rammed into his back from above, wrapping it's tentacles around his chest. Nexus yelped in surprise, and tried to shake it off. He hit the blunt of the weapon to it's back, which only succeeded in tightening it's grip. He looked back at it, meeting it face to face. The creature looked...terrified. Like it was certain it's doom was coming, and it was experiencing immeasurable fear. As they plummeted to the ground, Nexus knew that this thing couldn't release as it was paralyses by the shock. Not so paralyses that it couldn't shriek in horror. The slime on the tentacles was not enough for the hunter to get free, but enough to turn around and wrap his wings and legs around the creature. He hit the ground hard, back first. Luckily, along with the thick armor, Nexus also had much stronger bones than the average pony, as do all pegasi and bat ponies.

So he didn't break anything. It still hurt like hell, and created a crater. He landed within sight of the party, and with a deep groan, let his grip lax, releasing the creature. It opened it's hollow eyes, and saw they were on the ground. He looked down at Nexus, who had several cuts on his body and was bleeding lightly. It released it's grip on him, and opened it's mouth as though to *attempt* to say something, but when it saw the others approaching, it hopped up and took off, disappearing into the sky. Nexus remained in his back, breathing heavily, trying to regain his strength. He wasn't so much injured as he was exhausted.

(( OOC: Shouldn't we wait for BlackShard to pick up? :s ))

"Southwest of us, about a 10 minute walk, there is a gate that leads out of town. The only obstacles are a few squiddies, and a small pack of zombies."

Lume looked at the general direction Nexus described and nodded in agreement. She began trotting swiftly towards the gate alongside Solar Flare before Nexus flew up high again. She kept on watching her surroundings, making sure to not drag much attention towards the group, until she heard a couple of loud screeches coming from above. She looked up to see a pack of flying squid-like mutants charging towards the bat pony in the air.

"NEXUS!!" Lume shouted, speeding up the pace of her walk and slightly changing direction in order to stay right under the commotion in the skies. As an earth pony, however, she really couldn't do anything to help. But she still did not want to lose sight of Nexus while he was in danger: if he fell, she would be there to cushion the impact on the ground.

She was now running, not taking her eyes off of the battle, until she collided against something. With a dry thud, she backed off and looked down to meet a zompony, staggering just as much as she did. Oh crap!... The mare quickly grabbed the handle of the sword on her back with her mouth and pulled it out, swinging the enormous weapon horizontally with the force of the pull and slicing the monster's head off. She would most likely stop and think about that situation for a couple of minutes: she'd never killed anypony - or anything, for that matter - before. But at that moment, she had a much more important thing to worry about. As the monster's corpse hit the ground, she just looked at the pool of blood that was forming under it for a fraction of seconds, before jumping over and trying to relocate Nexus.

Apparently it was too late. When Lume saw the bat pony, he was already halfway to the ground, with a squid wrapped around him and preventing both of them of staying airborne. She ran as fast as she could, but they both hit the solid floor a few meters away. Upon getting close enough, the monster flew away, leaving Nexus lying down on his back. She reached him and inspected his condition: he was obviously exhausted, with a couple of bleeding scratches around his body.

"Come on." She said, as she lowered down and lifted the bat pony, throwing his weight on her back. "I got you, champ." She smiled, and began rapidly trotting back towards the city's gate.

• Brohoof 1

Midnight frowned "how will we get around the air and land patrols without being spotted..."he then smiled, "if my tarot power has to do with illusion...it might take some practice but..." he looked up, "sir, i think i can get at least, me, fen and arianna to the town hall and mabey around the town, of course on seperate trips, but...i think i can do it..."

(edited)

@@ActFast231@, Solar Flare dashed up to him, right behind Lume. "Anything broken, Nexus?" When he shook his head, he sighed. "Flying mutants... well, let's give the demon credit. He certainly did think of everything. He might even have magic-wielding mutants around here. Let's get going... We'll take a break about a mile out from the city."

@@rolle, @, My'Kola continued to walk towards the gate. "Alright... I'm glad that you two are feeling confident, at least." He shrugged and continued walking...

@, @@Psych Ward, Moon Crypt thought about it. "That might work, but... are you sure you can handle cloaking five ponies from here to the Town Hall multiple times? Think before you give an answer."

White Rose stood in her corner, deep in thought.

Edited by Thunder Knight

@,

@,

"Come on." She said, as she lowered down and lifted the bat pony, throwing his weight on her back. "I got you, champ." She smiled, and began rapidly trotting back towards the city's gate.

Nexus made no attempt to resist being carried. He hasn't flown so strenuously in years. At least they were making their way to the gate now, but until he recovered he was just dead weight.

"Thanks Lume." He whispered. Nexus began to glow again, and when the glowing subsided, many more scars were gone. His coat was much brighter, and his eyes were now a pale blue. His mane and tail were now silver.

midnight frowned "with some practice i think i could, i do have an idea though, we dont have to be fully cloaked per se, i just have to give the illusion we arent there, say...as part of the fog, that should be easy enough for me to do, and it shouldnt be too taxing."

(edited)

@"So, how long've we got before Big Bad gets unhappy and starts destroying stuff? Cuz I don't know a lot about this region, but even I don't think the train's still running." Garrison rummaged in their pack and pulled out a map, examining it and mumbling"...one centimetre is one klick..."

Edited by baman

@@@ActFast231, Solar Flare smiled as he saw Nexus's change, and then trotted along with the others towards the gate, on the lookout for any monsters.

@,  @@Psych Ward, Moon Crypt smiled. "If you think you can handle it... then that's one problem taken care of already." He sighed. "Alright. That takes care of that problem. Any other questions and/or concerns?"

@, @@rolle, Kola shrugged. "I don't know. However, coming from what I've heard about demons, he's going to be trying to accomplish his goal- whatever they might be- and then, after that? The place becomes a ticking time bomb, and upon explosion, becomes a rift to Tartarus. I suspect about a month, max. But, thanks to our transportation, We'll be able to get there by tomorrow. Or so Moon Crypt says, anyways."

((OOC: Alright. First off, Nexus, refer to or PM for more info. Second, please continue presenting problems/ask questions/make conversation to the others for entertainment. Third, you all may recognize the ride I will be giving you... I am pulling out an old character with a large airship. *Spoilers*))

Midnight nodded, "i need to be sure i can actually create this illusion, and see it work for myself." he shook his head and stood up "i will head a little into town to make sure this works against the creatures, if their are no objections."

he looked around then down at fen "of course ill be bringing you along, if this dosent work youll have to help me." he smiled and nuzzled the mutants forehead, before picking her up and putting her on his back, "ill be back as soon as possible."

"Thanks Lume." He whispered. Nexus began to glow again, and when the glowing subsided, many more scars were gone. His coat was much brighter, and his eyes were now a pale blue. His mane and tail were now silver.

"Don't mention it." Lume was more focused in getting out of there as quickly as possible than anything else, but she couldn't help getting distracted when the bat pony's body began to shine on her back. She didn't know exactly what to think and what to say, but she assumed it had something to do with his Tarot power again - in other words, his wounds were being healed. That would be one less thing to worry about.

The mare's eyes widened as they approached the town's exit. "We're almost there!" She exclaimed. However, her relief soon subsided when a few other squid-like monsters landed in front of the group, forcing her to abruptly brake burying all four hooves in the soil at once.

Breathing heavily and legs shaking, she watched frightened as the few mutants blocked their passage. She looked over to Nexus, making sure he was still safe: his eyes had suddenly changed colors. "Inquisitor Solar Flare..." She turned to the Inquisitor, hoping he would do something about the situation.

@ 

(( OOC: Sorry if I godmodded there a little bit~ ))

@,

@,  

"Inquisitor Solar Flare..." She turned to the Inquisitor, hoping he would do something about the situation.

Nexus had started recovering his energy, and was able to stand on his own. He did so when Lume jumped back. He turned his head to see several mutants blocking the town exit. He looked to Solar Flare, concern in his eyes.

"Don't kill them. There are ways to neutralize them."

@@ActFast231,  @,

Solar Flare looked at them. "If a fight becomes inevitable, then I will have no choice. However... diplomacy is a good thing." Putting his weapon on his back,  he walked up to the armored mutants. "Hello. We would like to pass, please." They looked at each other, not responding.

Then, a smaller mutant, also armored, but wearing a diadem with a large, yellow jewel. "We cannot let you do that," it said in a gurgling tone. "Black Star himself said that nothing gets in or out of the city without permission from him. What is your authority?"

Solar Flare frowned, glaring at the pony. "I am an Inquisitor, pony- if you could even be called that anymore. What's your authority?"

The mutant swelled with rage, but them, smiled and gave a harsh, barking laugh. "And Inquisitor? Goodness me, they've been gone for over two decades! You expect me to believe that?" He burst out laughing again. "And even if you are an Inquisitor, you have no power anymore. It died with the sun and moon."

Solar Flare growled. "Never mind the basis for my authority. And the basis for yours?"

He paused. "General Black Star, leader of Resh's forces- of which I am part of- ordered me too."

Solar Flare laughed. "Well, then. Let it be known how much I respect your... leader." He spat on the ground and drew his weapon, while the others bristled with rage, although they shied back a bit from the huge weapon. "You will let us pass or you will die. The end. Not negotiable."

The pony smiled. "Will we be the one dying?" he said with a smile as they drew their weapons.

((@, @@rolle, still waiting on you guys from previously.))

@, @@Psych Ward, Moon Crypt nodded. "Arrianna should go as well." He turned to her. "What do you think? Do you want to go with Midnight?"

Fen smiled and playfully licked Midnight's ear.

@

¨but if we need to hurry lets just go and crush that demon as fast as we can¨ Scorpiok looked behind him to see if anything was following them but he couldnt see anything following them 'thats strange... They should be trying to stop us if they saw us leave... Or they want us there?

@,

Arianna nodded.  She really couldn't think of any other way she could possibly help at the moment.  She had kept quiet the entire time, trying to stay focused.  "I don't think it'd be safe for any one pony to go out there on their own," she put out.  "You might need help."

@"Remind me again vy ve haven't left yet, Cola. I sink if ve vere to leave now, ve vould end up getting to ze Empire faster zen if ve did not leave now und just sat around some more. So I sink ve should leave now. You're right. We should stop standing around looking stupid and get on with it."

@,

Nexus recovered most of his strength, and decided to put in his two cents.

"Heyhey time out for a second. Let's not get violent yet." Nexus didn't want to admit it, but this could very well end in bloodshed, but in recent time, his old desire for hunting and killing dwindled. Not that he didn't mind doing it, but now he was capable of seeing the merciful side of things. He turned his head to Solar Flare, giving him a look that said calm the hell down before turning to the mutants

"Now, you seem like reasonable individuals. Surely there is something we can do to gain passage out of the city. And honestly, a fight wouldn't end well for anypony. Considering the fact that the Inquisitor has an huge sword and the lady is built like a tank. That isn't a threat, merely an observation. So just tell us how we can get out of this city quietly, and we will see what we can do."

Playing diplomat to a mutant army while my fathers old co-worker tries his damnedest to start a fight...Who am I kidding, I traversed the multiverse, this is far from the weirdest thing I've done. 

"Hello. We would like to pass, please."

Lume had the most confused look on her face while Solar Flare spoke to the group of mutants and tried to negotiate with them. Since when were those minions creatures worth chatting with? She had just cut a zompony's head off: she assumed that the almighty Inquisitor wouldn't think too much before doing something even worse. She noticed Nexus getting up and slowly regaining his strength, so she just sat on the ground for a moment and tried to regain hers. "If we always could have worked out our differences by talking, why did I even have to prepare myself to kill things?" She mumbled quietly.

It didn't take too long for Lume to jump back on her hooves as Inquisitor Solar Flare and the bunch of mutants drew their weapons. She pulled out her sword as well.

"Heyhey time out for a second. Let's not get violent yet."

Are you bucking kidding me?? Apparently now it was Nexus' turn to be a pacifist.

The earth mare just rolled her eyes and, this time, dropped down the sword and herself, letting her chest hit the ground entirely and sighing loudly in the process. She didn't know exactly what do think of the situation: merely one day ago, her mind couldn't accept the fact that she would turn into some kind of coldblooded assassin in order to survive. And now, when she finally felt the real thing; when she finally built enough guts, her partners were trying a different kind of approach. One that didn't require any of the methods she'd fiercely practiced.

Lume just kept on drawing circles on the ground while listening to their conversation.

(edited)

@@@rolle,  Kola sighed. "I don't want to run through the city. It would draw too much attention. Just because we aren't sprinting through the city, doesn't mean we aren't moving."

((You were moving previously, but I get the gist. I'll move the story along, then.))

Eventually, the group came in sight of the gate. Guarded by six mutants, one of them with a pair of wings. Also, nearby, were about three zomponies that were stalking along the buildings about a hundred meters away, unaware of both you and the guards. Cola stopped moving and looked at the scene. He turned to Garrison. "Well, then... do you have anything that makes a loud sound but is nonlethal, good sir? If so, we can draw the attention of the zomponies and have them attack the guards, and perhaps then escape without a large conflict.."

@@ActFast231, @, Solar Flare shot a grumpy look in Nexus's direction and shook his head, but backed down, keeping his blade at the ready. He turned to Lume and muttered, "Why exactly are we trying more diplomacy? They're twisted creatures with barely any mind for themselves."

The mutant in front turned his attention to Nexus. "If you want to get out of the city without a fight? You need express permission from General Black Star, who is in the-" He paused and narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing in the city, anyways? Why are you here in the first place? How did you get here?" Where are you going?"

@@Psych Ward@, Moon Crypt sighed, then nodded.. "You had better get going if you are going to go, then."

((There. And, baman, I'm going to keep his nickname of Cola. It's easier to type. :)))

Edited by Thunder Knight