Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Haters When Gaming or On The Internet - W/ Screenshots

MLPForums Phanact

(edited)

@,

I consider myself a Lyrical Wordsmith. :P

Nah, I know exactly what you mean. As I said, I think it seems a lot worse for Bronies because they are an easy target: Rather than being able to conclude real targets for their stupidity they latch onto things that are different from how mommy and daddy told them they had to be, and remember, that means war, sports and violence for males!

(I say males because, in all honesty, if a girl mentioned that she was a Brony, the concept would probably rupture something in these peoples minds. Also, no offense to folks who are not the kind of idiots I'm talking about who appreciate war, sports and violence, it was a quick generalization to make my point.)

In actual society people have to watch what they say. On the Internet though, your free to spout whatever verbal diarrhea comes into your head. Sadly, a lot of people now have access to the Internet who are indoctrinated by their various societies into being brain-dead morons.

In actual society I'd expect to see these people physically attack people who are Bronies. I would not feel safe walking around Bolton or Manchester wearing any form of MLP merchandise. I got the dirtiest looks from people when I was taking a picture of a Rainbow Dash TuTu for my facebook because it made me smile.

It sucks really. I'd love to walk around with an MLP t-shirt or necklace or any form of wearable merchandise just because a lot of it is cool but I would actually fear for my safety if I did.

Honestly I believe people who hate on others are just as bad as those who are willing to complain about haters anyways.

Why create a forum about haters when the fact is it isn't going to stop hate,your giving them the attention they crave.In a way were a hater of haters.

That's exactly like saying that we can't talk about a religion we dislike or a sexuality we don't agree with because it isn't going to stop them following that religion or being that sexuality. We should be able to openly talk about any subject we want to without fear of censorship. I don't hate haters, no where have I said I hate them. I just don't understand why we're always a target no matter how polite we are.

Edited by Kaz

It sucks really. I'd love to walk around with an MLP t-shirt or necklace or any form of wearable merchandise just because a lot of it is cool but I would actually fear for my safety if I did.

I know the feeling. Well, kind of: the kind of thugs we have around here are the kind who will talk a big game but cant back it up, much as they would like to think that they could. It helps that I'm a big guy as well. Seriously though, I've seen kids get jumped at night for no reason other than the gang decided they didn't like the look of them. It wasn't an isolated incident either.

I've been to Manchester a few times, it's only a couple of hours from where I life and just from memory, yeah, it's pretty similar.

I know the feeling. Well, kind of: the kind of thugs we have around here are the kind who will talk a big game but cant back it up, much as they would like to think that they could. It helps that I'm a big guy as well. Seriously though, I've seen kids get jumped at night for no reason other than the gang decided they didn't like the look of them. It wasn't an isolated incident either.

I've been to Manchester a few times, it's only a couple of hours from where I life and just from memory, yeah, it's pretty similar.

I'm not a bug guy though which is a problem. I'm quite tall but I'm extremely feminine so that doesn't work in my advantage either as a lot of people presume I'm either a girl (they're quite surprised when they hear my voice) or think that I'm gay (don't have a problem with gays etc.) which they're only half wrong about but still. I've had a few people I don't even know shout "faggot" at me and other slurs in public which do get to me but so far I've never been physically harmed.

@,

Folks around here get that a lot. I used to: before I grew my hair long, gained a few stone and grew a bad-ass beard. And started defending myself. Still see a lot of others in that exact same situation though.

Clicky for a magical tale of wonder!

Funny story, was outside a pub at one point with a friend and his partner, who kissed. One (-Censored-) shouts:

"Awh Fu#*=ng sweet, lesbians!"

My friend has long black hair, a wiry build... and is a guy. With a beard. The look this idiot gave them when he turned around was priceless - you have never seen such a look of pure horror. No violence was needed: none of us could move for laughing.

Back on topic though, yes, these kinds of people are the same ones as on the Internet, hating on Bronies, but online you also have the script-kiddies who do it to feel like they can be somebody because they done dare leave the house: probably because of the thugs again. You have the thugs who are too afraid to go out into the streets: all of them needing a target. Folks who enjoy cartoon ponies are the obvious target.

What they forget? Real men wear pink.

In my opinion, it takes nothing more than effort to be the better person. I'm not talking about 'Walk away and be the better person' or 'digression is the better part of valor' or anything like that - thats down to personal preference - I'm talking about actually being a decent human being.

(I also want to add, just for the record, that I am under no dissolution that female Bronies have things any better, but as a guy, I understand the point of view from a guy, not a girl. I do not wish to speak of something I don't understand fully.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But then I have no where else to go. I talk to these people all the time and I just want them to get over the fact I'm a brony but apparently I'm a "pedophile" and a "freak." ): I just want to be friends with these people, is that so much to ask? 

I'm going to have a look at RFGeneration as I do actually collect steam games (: 183 and counting

You seem to have had the best experience whilst gaming, it's just a shame that the rest of us haven't had the luck you've had but there's obviously something you're doing right SO TEACH US :)

I don't if I'd want those people as friends, but that's a decision you have to make. 

I'm Shoboni over there too, you should be able to find some of my posts around(especially in the small scores thread)

You just have to check around the site thoroughly and try and get a feel for the members before you join. It also helps to step in carefully and test the waters, watch what goes on and see what seems to bet he things that set the users off so you can judge if it's a lot you can deal with or not.  

I'm almost 21 and I've been active online since I was 13-14, so I'm made my share of mistakes and learned the ropes. 

If were bringing looks into this, I have really long hair, beard-thing, and in the words of my friend look like Ozzy, so that may be why I get some level of respect face to face. 

Edited by Shoboni

@,

Funny story, was outside a pub at one point with a friend and his partner, who kissed. One (-Censored-) shouts:

"Awh Fu#*=ng sweet, lesbians!"

My friend has long black hair, a wiry build... and is a guy. With a beard. The look this idiot gave them when he turned around was priceless - you have never seen such a look of pure horror. No violence was needed: none of us could move for laughing.

Off topic, I apologise, but me and my girlfriend get this a lot if we kiss in public or are holding hands so much that we've actually become accustomed to it and jokingly refer to ourselves as being in a lesbian relationship. We've had our fair share of people insult us loudly and publically believing we're lesbians for me to just turn around and shout "I AM A DUDE" and the priceless expression of pure bewilderment.

Back on topic, I've decided that I'm going to create a post on that gaming communities forums explaining my bronyism and that I will unfortunately have to leave if people continue to make derogatory comments, slurs or make personal insults about it.