Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Button

mineralwater

Not all of it does.  This was not my reason for joining; this just seems like the hipster element to the fandom.

Agreed not all of it does, but doubting it has anything to do with hipsters for those that do.

In general being a male fan in the community means you either have to agree with this, or you actually agree to the "All male bronies are homosexual" commentary thats made by observers..

It wouldn't make sense otherwise.. No offense intended BTW, just an observation.

kind of a double edged sword for those here tbh.

If the killing stuff is random... I guess after my turn, you will then give the button to someone else, and then another one, and then another one after that, and I will have to live knowing that someday, someone's button push will eventually kill someone I love?

Fucking yes, please. Even if I said no, there is no saying that you, which in this case I would have to assume that you're a huge, balding genie, wouldn't give it to someone else after I say no. I don't really want to get behind the highly rewarding trend :wacko:

Edited by Starshine

Perhaps I just take theoretical involving the value of human life more seriously than you do.

I hate human life, so eat them apples :P But no, I'm glad you didn't launch nukes of rage at me or anything. I hate when that happens. I did come off as kind of jerky anyways. It's just that I have been treated like trash by so many people that I started hating humans. I'm extremely negative when it comes to humans because of experience. So, if they died, I wouldn't care. As for money, I honestly don't care about that. I'm quite happy with the amount I'm making now. Too much money leads to greed and I know plenty of relatives who have fallen victim to that. Don't want it, don't need it. I would press the button, but the money I'd get would go to charity. :)

Edited by SmartyPants

Agreed not all of it does, but doubting it has anything to do with hipsters for those that do.

In general being a male fan in the community means you either have to agree with this, or you actually agree to the "All male bronies are homosexual" commentary thats made by observers..

It wouldn't make sense otherwise.. No offense intended BTW, just an observation.

kind of a double edged sword for those here tbh.

I understand where you are coming from, however it does not make sense to brand the rest of us as homosexual just for not being into the hipster element of liking the show.  For example I am not gay nor a hipster, but I like the show for what it has to offer not because I like other men and am trying to make a statement about it OR because I'm trying to stay away from the mainstream.

I hate human life, so eat them apples :P But no, I'm glad you didn't launch nukes of rage at me or anything. I hate when that happens. I did come off as kind of jerky anyways. It's just that I have been treated like trash by so many people that I started hating humans. I'm extremely negative when it comes to humans because of experience. So, if they died, I wouldn't care. As for money, I honestly don't care about that. I'm quite happy with the amount I'm making now. Too much money leads to greed and I know plenty of relatives who have fallen victim to that. Don't want it, don't need it.I would press the button, but the money I'd get would go to charity. :)

I hate human life too, but probably for different reasons.  Regardless, I think pressing the button would still be morally wrong unless (like Starshine said) the pressing of it was inevitable because it would just be given to someone else until it gets pressed.

• Brohoof 1

Well, you have to be taking me seriously, otherwise you would not have posted this long and seemingly detailed (but truly incompetent) response.

Which is why I said that, if you actually we're put to the test, I would hope that you would act differently.  There is redemption from my post in the words right there.  You we're asked a question by the OP, and would probably be expected (by most people) to give an answer pertaining to your actual views.  There is no reason to be offended by my post if you are certain that you actually would not do it.  Just because I quoted you doesn't mean I was singling you or anyone else out for judgement.  I was merely counting the "yes's" and comparing them to the "no's."  My post applies to the people who actually would do it, and hey, if you said you would, how am I supposed to know you are joking?

Don't jump to conclusions?  I'm making a statement based off of concluded answers to the original post.

Well, knowing that I wouldn't go so far as to kill an innocent human being for a few million dollars, I think its pretty safe to say We all have the right to put people down, especially If someones "mindset" involves the devaluation of sentient life.  This is a very destructive mindset that I see grow and influence.

One time, in gym class at my old high school, kids were asked weather or not they would abduct someone's child and murder them for a million dollars.  Everyone except for me and a few other guys said they would.  The guys in this class we're all total dicks, so I wouldn't put it past them if they were serious.  (Which I presume them to be)  As you can imagine, experiences like this shaped the way I view people of our generation.

You expect me to know your thoughts and differentiate them from your post.  How the hell am I supposed to be able to tell if you are serious or not, especially when you don't say that you are actually joking?  Like I said, if you we're just joking, then you are exempt from my criticism, so there is no reason to be offended.

Not all of it does.  This was not my reason for joining; this just seems like the hipster element to the fandom.

I actually didn't present the question.  Regardless, if you don't want me to take any of your posts face-value, you should probably let me know in your post especially if it involves a topic that could very well be regarded as serious by a variety of people.  I'm not even criticizing you, which is why I said in my original post that I had hope that some of the people who said "yes" are not serious.  There is no reason to be so defensive if you actually know you wouldn't do it.

I even went back and edited the post just for you, to make it more clear that the post applies only to people who would actually press the button.

"Nothing!? This is EVERYTHING!"

no jk.

Opinions are opinions.  It shouldn't matter weather or not they are expressed over the internet, or in person.  Perhaps I just take theoretical involving the value of human life more seriously than you do.

I'm not taking you seriously, I do just like to reply, length doesn't mean anything about my caring levels. So quit talking shit about me and my "incompetence". You are not worth my time, I hope your day goes fine from here, becuase GOOD DAY TO YOU Kind sir!

I understand where you are coming from, however it does not make sense to brand the rest of us as homosexual just for not being into the hipster element of liking the show.  For example I am not gay nor a hipster, but I like the show for what it has to offer not because I like other men and am trying to make a statement about it OR because I'm trying to stay away from the mainstream.

The social "norm" is considered that a guy liking a girls thing is very feminine and often homosexual.

If your breaking this than you either agree to the concept that these "norms" should be broken, or your fitting into them.

It has nothing to do with being hipster, or anything else, its just a base fundamental of things. You either agree to the unwritten norms, or break them. And you break them. Thus you either agree to the concept that these norms shouldn't/don't exist, or you accept that these predicated norms do exist and you fit into them.

The social "norm" is considered that a guy liking a girls thing is very feminine and often homosexual.

If your breaking this than you either agree to the concept that these "norms" should be broken, or your fitting into them.

It has nothing to do with being hipster, or anything else, its just a base fundamental of things. You either agree to the unwritten norms, or break them. And you break them. Thus you either agree to the concept that these norms shouldn't/don't exist, or you accept that these predicated norms do exist and you fit into them.

Logically speaking, I can't find a problem with what you are saying in the first part (probably because I'm really tired) EXCEPT that just because one breaks a single social norm does not mean that one supports the breaking of any other social norms.  For example, I support the breaking (to an extent) of gender stereotypes.  I believe that this will advance society socially.  I do not believe however that choosing to earn money and kill someone (as Dashey said) is a good norm to break.

You are thinking in absolutes.  Yes, you must break a social norm to join the fandom (at least in most places) but this does not mean that the fandom itself is about breaking social norms.

I'm not taking you seriously, I do just like to reply, length doesn't mean anything about my caring levels. So quit talking shit about me and my "incompetence". You are not worth my time, I hope your day goes fine from here, becuase GOOD DAY TO YOU Kind sir!

just for lulz

post-6560-0-10761900-1373365653_thumb.jpg
Edited by John

This thread appears to be some manner of random (but strangely enjoyable) nonsense, or something spammy of the sort. Thus, it has been sentenced to the Forum Lounge section of Cloudsdale Colosseum. This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

This thread appears to be some manner of random (but strangely enjoyable) nonsense, or something spammy of the sort. Thus, it has been sentenced to the Forum Lounge section of Cloudsdale Colosseum. This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Wow....the discussion and raging arguments on here, are quite amusing. Nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if this topic get's way out of hand.

I'd suggest you keep a close eye on this thread Feld0.

I'm saying this for the sake of everyone here pretty much. Because this topic can be very likely taken too seriously and too far easily...

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

Logically speaking, I can't find a problem with what you are saying in the first part (probably because I'm really tired) EXCEPT that just because one breaks a single social norm does not mean that one supports the breaking of any other social norms.  For example, I support the breaking (to an extent) of gender stereotypes.  I believe that this will advance society socially.  I do not believe however that choosing to earn money and kill someone (as Dashey said) is a good norm to break.

You are thinking in absolutes.  Yes, you must break a social norm to join the fandom (at least in most places) but this does not mean that the fandom itself is about breaking social norms.

Never said you needed to break any other social norm, just the one.

Nor is it said its about breaking the norm itself.

I merely said you either agree to the unwritten norm as set by the society at large, or accept that the ONE norm is breakable, and being part of the fandom as a male, you are breaking it or accepting it.

Theres no need to break or accept others in any way. But to enjoy something that society dictates is for someone else, Yes, this means you clearly MUST accept your breaking a social norm to be in the fandom even if in small doses.

In this small way it is pretty absolute.

I was using the "norms" term in a general sense I admit, maybe the wording could've been better.

Edited by GrimCW

Ultimately, no, but I'd play along and sound interested.  First, I'd be curious as to how it works.  How exactly does "kill random person" = "3 million bucks?"  Does the box itself send out a death-ray, or does it signal the "box killers," who send out a hit-man to whack somebody?

I would ask if I could keep the box for a few days and think about it.  If they agreed, I'd call the FBI and see if they could use the box (indicators of its manufacture, fingerprints, etc.) to track the "box killers" down and put them out of business.

• Brohoof 1

Never said you needed to break any other social norm, just the one.

Nor is it said its about breaking the norm itself.

I merely said you either agree to the unwritten norm as set by the society at large, or accept that the ONE norm is breakable, and being part of the fandom as a male, you are breaking it or accepting it.

Theres no need to break or accept others in any way. But to enjoy something that society dictates is for someone else, Yes, this means you clearly MUST accept your breaking a social norm to be in the fandom even if in small doses.

In this small way it is pretty absolute.

I was using the "norms" term in a general sense I admit, maybe the wording could've been better.

Well, then we never had anything to disagree about.

I only disagreed with Dashey that "defying social norms" was the essence of the fandom.

Well, then we never had anything to disagree about.

I only disagreed with Dashey that "defying social norms" was the essence of the fandom.

Heh apparently so.

Essence no, requirement.. only in one case tbh...

been a fun chat.. argument... umm agreemant? what was it exactly?

Oooh look a shiny button *presses button*

atomic-bomb-o.gif

oooohhhh crap.... :blink:

JOHN DID IT! *runs away*

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2

Heh apparently so.

Essence no, requirement.. only in one case tbh...

been a fun chat.. argument... umm agreemant? what was it exactly?

Dunno.  It wasn't really an argument, as you don't seem the type of person that deserves hostilities.

Hahaha love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRK6yJSRR0

when I first commented I felt like the guy on the right lol.

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

If what Chigens and Kay says is true, which it probably is, and using the same logic as Blue and Feather Gem, I would say, absolutely not. The thought of killing someone in general, killing someone for your own benefit, and never knowing who you killed, is just downright eerie.

• Brohoof 2

Well, you have to be taking me seriously, otherwise you would not have posted this long and seemingly detailed (but truly incompetent) response.

I'm sorry I'm randomly jumping in on this, but seriously, man?

Seriously.

It doesn't matter how seriously Dashey was taking you, somebody was going to have to take the initiative to try to get you to see how stupid it is to take this question seriously.

And I could use the logic you are trying to use here. You have to be taking Dashey seriously there, because you had such a long, serious response.

See how stupid this shit sounds?

Quite honestly, I think you need to calm down and do what PewDiePie does; look at some kitten pictures. They are fucking adorable and are perfect for calming down.

This is the fucking Internet, buddy, things are going to upset you.

But, unless it is a HUGE issue or nothing at all, don't post if you don't agree! All it does is create negative conversation.

Take a chill pill. Look at all the silly responses and try to see the light of fun in them. This thread was made for laughs, not criticism :)

Also; this community does not simply embrace the, and I can quote this from you, "hipster element". Sure, the way Dashey put it might seem like it, but it's the freaking truth.

I can quote my sister here, too. "Cahlm down, brah, arguin ain't so wandahfahl" :lol: She's very silly.

Translation "Calm down, bro, arguing isn't very wonderful."

And with that, FAREWELL, farewell to you, very opinionated, stubborn person :)

• Brohoof 1

Never in my life would I push that button. Actually, unlike most people in the world, I don't want to be rich. I don't want to live in a huge mansion, I don't want to have a butler at my every beck and call, and I definatly don't want my life handed to me on a silver platter. I want to earn money, not rake in millions at a time. Plus, I would be killing someone. KILLING SOMEONE. Even if chances are that it's not someone I know, still. I WOULD BE KILLING SOMEONE! Imagine if you or a person you care about just dropped dead.

EDIT:

I can quote my sister here, too. "Cahlm down, brah, arguin ain't so wandahfahl" :lol: She's very silly.

Yay, you quoted me! :D Edited by Pulcinella
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be able to stand before God if I did something like that.  I'd push the button if I thought that someone who has truly forsaken God's Word and actively sought to destroy others, but I wouldn't do it under most circumstances.

• Brohoof 3

This is the fucking Internet, buddy, things are going to upset you.

Wait;  The same goes for everyone else.  You don't have to read my response, nor do you have to take it seriously.

post-6560-0-83679700-1372576121.gif
post-6560-0-18516900-1372234363.gif

Calm down you raging guys. :/

I know we're talking about a button that can kill people and put you under a major moral quandary between greed and gain....

We get it, it's the internet. You don't have to take everything you read seriously. But you also don't have to throw derogatory comments at each other.  :(

Stay on topic...despite how entertaining this may be lol. You'll ruin it for others who'll want to post here..

Don't upset the mods....you wouldn't want that....trust meh

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, goodie. I love the enthusiasm of a good argument.

On topic, the way I think about it, everything I do will "kill" a person. Whether it's running, sleeping, or smiling, at least one person will die by age, disease, etc. Ergo, me pressing a button will "kill" a person anyway. So I say yes, press it

• 3 weeks later...