Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theories on Scootaloo

Slice0Pie

Well, I always wondered about Scootaloo, about why we haven't seen her parents.

The most brought up subject is that her parents died, but I'm going to list my opinions.

1.She has parents, they just haven't shown them at all

2.She was abandoned by her parents

3.Kind of like the second one, her parents just couldn't take care of her, so gave her to the orphanage

4.Her parents died, the most brought up subject.

So, what do you guys think?

The most brought up subject is that her parents died, but I'm going to list my opinions.

3.Kind of like the second one, her parents just couldn't take care of her, so gave her to the orphanage

I honestly think either her parents died, or we just don't see them that much. It's very likely they died becuase we've never seen them, but that doesn't mean that they are.

Well, your right about us not seeing Scootaloo's parents. There are some theories when she was born, her parents abandoned her or left her in Ponyville to live her young life.

I don't think her parents are dead, I think there just waiting until later to make an episode about her and her family and such. 

I think this is the funniest thing about our community, we automatically assume if someponys parents are not on screen ever they are dead. It's a cartoon they are intentionally kept vague.

• Brohoof 1

I saw a fanmade picture of Scootaloos dad being a soldier in Canterlot that ivemade my headcanon.My theory IS that her parents are in the equal of the military and she stays with an elderly relative who cant take her anywhere or really leave the house

No. 1 would be my guess, and most likely the one the canon will take as well. Honestly I don't get why the fandom likes to complicate things if they don't happen on screen. Like they said at Comic Con, just because they don't appear on screen doesn't mean they're dead

• Brohoof 1

I agree that we really never see external family members, except for in apple family reunion. We've never seen rainbow dash's parents, or fluttershy's, we've only seen rarity and sweetie bell's parents once, as well as pinkie pies family, and we all know about applejacks parents, and twilights parents show up for important events because, well she's the "star" of the show. It's more likely that her parents aren't worth showing.

I'm not sure, but I'd list from most likely to least likely: 3, 2, 1, 4. She looks up to Rainbow Dash a lot, so that might imply that her parents are at least not with her. Death isn't usually a good topic for a children's cartoon, so I'd rule 4 out. Scootaloo doesn't seem like the untrusting sort, and as that's what most abandoned children become, I'd guess answer 3.