Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help with OC color schemes?

mehguy22

So, I decided, I would want to help people with their OC's color schemes, because sometimes people can't decide what looks good. I wanted to help people with that. But, the thing is, I'm also going to try and make the color scheme represent the OC's personality. So, here's what I would like a post to include:

Name, Personality, Other, and (optional) color scheme ideas you already have. 

Note: Although different shades of colors have different meanings, feel free to tweak the shades I give you to match a good look. 

Hopefully you are pleased with my ideas! 

Edited by mehguy22
  • Brohoof 3

Well, I have an Oc that I'm working on, so I don't have everything about her sorted out yet.

I don't have a name for her yet, but she's going to be a batpony.

Personality: Sarcastic, a little silly, fascinated by astronomy, shy(depends on mood), hyper(depends on mood), unflirty, has a sense of humour, animal person, random, slob, and a bit of an artist.

(Basically a mix of Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. A hint of Rarity.)

I'd really like it if blue was incorporated into her looks.

Some sketches that I've done. (In normal pony form)

eOM5uli.jpg 

YKcJue7.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Alright, sorry it's been a while but I have them! Here they are:

RiverHaze, your OC was calm and shy, right? I think that Cream would be a good color and then Dark Orange or Aqua for the other color.

KabelPod, your OC was humble, humorous, hardworking, curious, and adventurous, right? I think that Golden Orange and Aquamarine could fit.

LittleRawr, your OC was tricky to figure out, but I think I got it down. I think that maybe either Cream and Amethyst or Dark Orange and Pale Green would do.

Sorry if these don't look good, I'm trying to make these represent personality as well and it's a bit tricky to get both matches right. If you feel that it wasn't good enough, let me know and I'll try to fix it. 

Also, once again sorry if it was a while. And thank you for stopping by and posting! 

• 11 months later...

Hello. i just want to thank you in advance for all the people you've helped. :) I really have a hard time with colours...and I'm so stubborn that when I get one colour in mind, I feel like I have to change everything around it. >.<

Anyhoo. My pony is a Unicorn names Amber Dust.

She's a realist, but still has strong ideals. She's very curious and a little shy, but passionate about discovering new things. She's aspiring to become a designer/artist. Her curiosity outweighs her shyness, which can get her into sticky situations. She's afraid of leaping into new things unprepared. She was inspired a bit by Blue amber, a stone that glows under special light. I was thinking her cutie mark would be said rock, representing "a light in the dark", or hope, but I'm really not sure. I was even consideeing that her mark and freckles would change colour in the dark, but I dunno...I don't want her to be too "special-snowflake"-y. She has a strong interest in magic, but she's not really any better than the average unicorn.move_along_by_rebecca_47-d7vy31q.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

im not sure what colors my oc should be so this is basiclly the personality and stuff also i dont have a name yet.

my oc is a pegasus and she is adventerous and athletic.

basically.

can someone PLEASE help me with my oc?

im not sure what colors my oc should be so this is basiclly the personality and stuff also i dont have a name yet.

my oc is a pegasus and she is adventerous and athletic.

basically.

can someone PLEASE help me with my oc?

this thread is pretty old, and I don't think the OP is active here anymore. I could try and help you though. PM me the details.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

He is a Pegesus

His stage name is Radiant Light

His real name is Shimmering Glow

He acts self-confident but is actually quite shy and has no self-confidence in anything other than posing, smiling, and his looks.

Radiant Light Personality: Confident, sarcastic, witty, bad boy, trouble maker (that's the same thing as bad boy)

Shimmering Glow: He is shy, and often tries to act as Radiant as much as often but sometimes Glow just comes out, depressed, he doesn't think he is enough for anyone.

Ideas: I want his hair to be a solid Neon Yellow or a mixture of Neon Yellow and another color... I don't know about his coat color, but I think I want two colors for his coat...

Please help...I don't really know what would look good....and please no Green, Purple, or Pink....

Edited by SarakaKohera

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been struggling with a color for my oc,

This is Gypsy Daydreamer, I'm have trouble deciding if she's an Earth pony or a Pegasus but anyway.

Pale colors would fit a lot better but I can't figure out which (^¬^;)

Thank you so much for your help!

149442769644349665058.jpg

@Cocoa_Cream25 @AmberDust @Ewelamb Lover

Hello folks.

Taking into account that OP has not been around for a considerable amount of time, this post will be locked. I vehemently request of you all to check the dates of such topics and avert in any possible situation necrobumping aforementioned threads.

Have a lovely day.

• The topic was locked