Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Genesis. What's your favorite era?

GhostPony750

Genesis  

1 user has voted

1. 1. Which era (singer) is your favorite?

• Peter Gabriel
    • Phil Collins

So I decided to make a thread about one of my favorite groups, Genesis.

Genesis is one of the greatest and most famous music groups of all time.
But I wonder, which era do you prefer the most?

Peter Gabriel
Well, everything started with him, he build the group's reputation. In the golden years of prog rock, he was in the top. Peter Gabriel was always interacting a lot with the spectators, wearing nice costumes and telling stories before some songs, which fitted perfectly with the whole thing. And he wrote many awesome songs, like Supper's Ready, Watcher of the Sky, Firth of Fifth and many others. But he later decided to leave the group, just after hi most succesful album, Selling England by the Pound.

Phil Collins
After Peter left, Phil, who was the group's drummer, decided to take the lead. He aimed at a more popular genre, more accessible music, something more "pop". And his first album was an enormous success. He wrote way more succesful songs, like Mama, I Can't Dance, That's all, and many others. But sadly, he left all the interaction with the audience behind. But he was way more succesful than Peter Gabriel, even if Peter was already incredibly famous.

So well, you can discuss about your favorite songs, and everythig related! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me, my favorite singer is Peter Gabriel. I'm more into the progressive genre, and when I'm watching live videos, like Supper's Ready, it makes me shiver. I'd really like to be here, but sadly I missed this and all my favorite groups. (Born in th wrong generation... (But I've seen Saga! :D ))

Also, my favorite song is Supper's Ready, with Mama, Firth of Firth and That's All close behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M58wE8GTGp4

Sorry for the wall of text lol.

~Yay I'm a sqirrel now.

Edited by GhostPony750