Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any fishermen/women out there? I have a question!

Huntress

Hey yall, so I've been fishing since I was 10 so 5 years and I have not been able to catch a single trout! I've done so much research and have tried so many things. Anyone have tips or tricks I can use I'm going later today, thanks :)

this might me a late but what kind of trout are you talking about? i live in FL and trout down here means sea trout. I been fishing for about 10+ years and i have yet to catch a sea trout but i do know a lot about fishing(i used to fishing  exotic and salt water).

I am surprised, that you didnt catch any, since trouts love pretty much everything from worms to canned corn ( says a friend of mine who regularly fishes. I fish aswell, but not quite as often. )

What have you been using as a bait?

EDIT: i found this nice guide to catching trout: http://www.wikihow.com/Catch-Trout Punch me in the face for not giving any personal advice, but this guide sums it up pretty well.

Edited by Guest

I've already read that :P but I've tried worms (a lot), corn, powerbait, flies, I even dove in after one. I got really mad that day :P but really I've tried everything I've got.

What size are the hooks you are using?

Maybe you just had bad luck :derp: It happens to everyone. I was fishing for the last three days and i only caught 1 fish...

Not much advice for you, I've never had much problem with catching them. I caught a salmon with my bare hands on vacation in Alaska once though (actually that is a downright lie, I was totally wearing gloves).

• Brohoof 1

i have never fished up north mine you or have fished for Rainbow lake trout but here is what i know about them from yahoo anwners.

spring time. Rainbow trout usually stays in shallow waters. I recommend using a night crawler. Inflate the night crawler and cast it out from the shore.

During summer rainbow trout becomes really active. Especially during June or July. They usually feed with mosquitos or other insects. Choose late evening hours for best results.

Here comes late September and October. Many claim that this is not a time to go fishing but you can still catch rainbow trout. Use a night crawler and cast or troll with small lures along shorelines.

At winter rainbow trout usually stays right beneath the ice. It's a good idea to use light lines if you're aiming for rainbow trout. Start just below the ice and move deeper until you catch some fish.

Rainbow trout is really easy to catch. That's why it is the best bet for inexperienced starters. Choose a hot month to go fishing. Pick June to increase your chances.

Now this is from me from years of saltwater and exotic fishing. have you ever used Plastic Swimbaits? i would buy some cheap ones that look like what the fish are eatting in my area(i got  a minnow-like bait in bright colors like pink and white or gray and white). any fish that a predators will attack that kind of bait if fished right(as you pull it back in at a med speed, give the rod a sharp  pull to the left or right,  stop and let the bait sink a little and do it again.) you could also use a   Blue Fox brand   Spinners(the ones i use were made for Salmon & Steelhead up north but work just as well for snook  and red fish in salt water) or look for a cheap Hard Bait lure Kit that has some thing from  Topwater To Deep Running Assortments like the BLUE FOX Hard Bait Kit Assortment that has 4 lures. I got it for cheap at target for 3$  for all 4 lures (also it was made for walleye).

the 2 main lures that work on most fish are a Shallow Lip lure  and a Cupped Lip/Top Popper( they  are the lures that have a deeply cupped mouths). look for lures that have a holographic and painted finishes and will really reflect the light.  I have got bass, snook , crevalle jack, blue fish, Spanish mackerels and many other fish with just a Reel Shad colored shad soft bait and a Bengal Tiger colored Minnow hard bait (they are the long lures that floats at rest but quickly dives to 8-15 ft. when you reel them back in. they produce a slow, tantalizing wobble that fish love). If you got the money or you are really into fishing you can also get a Yo-Zuri Floating Crystal Minnow in Yellow Tiger because those work REALLY well on 85% of the fish in the USA(i used it and other people i know use it up in the great white north).

If i was new to fishing and cheap i would go to walmart and buy some of there cheap hard bait(down here they cost 2$ a lure) and also use some Cajun Red Lightnin fishing line because it's both a very  abrasion resistant line and it's red color seem to catch more fish.    but fishing is something that you just have to keep trying at. In time you will get your fish.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm seems like the whiting problem we have here in Australia particularly in North Queensland. i haven't caught one in over 10 years  too bad whiting are fucking Delicious 

try to think outside the box and try unusual methods if you think you have tried everything else( nearly impossible) 

or even going to another area ( best option when fishing)