Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you could ask any question…

Dreambiscuit

9 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

If you could ask one question of any person in the world from any point in history, what would your question be and who would you ask?

I would ask Walt Disney if he considers himself a genius or if he thinks he just got lucky with his success. :grin:

I would go back and ask my younger self if he thinks he'll make something of himself one day.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I do not know to whom I would ask, but my question is whether it is possible for a civilization to ascend again in the long term without it collapsing, or is a collapse and time of great suffering necessary? I have not (yet) read any books that noted that a revival is possible without catastrophe as a prerequisite.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would ask Walt Disney if he considers himself a genius or if he thinks he just got lucky with his success. :grin:

In my opinion he IS a genius. In all humility I doubt Walt would call himself a genius, but I doubt he’d attribute it all to luck either. He recognized talent and knew how, where and when to use it. Nothing as impressive as Walt’s career and accomplishments could be a mere matter of chance. I’m sure he’d realize that.

9 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

If Jesus existed, I would ask him how one can prevent tyrants of any sort from coming to power. 

He exists, but considering free will is a part of the human condition, tyrants will be part of the world as long as there is human weakness. Jesus gave detailed instruction for how to live life for the good of all, so if everyone was willing to do their part against tyranny without fear or intimidation, it would make a huge difference.

Paul wrote these words in Colossians 3: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom.”

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

He exists, but considering free will is a part of the human condition, tyrants will be part of the world as long as there is human weakness. Jesus gave detailed instruction for how to live life for the good of all, so if everyone was willing to do their part against tyranny without fear or intimidation, it would make a huge difference.

Paul wrote these words in Colossians 3: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom.”

If only it were so simple. 

7 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

If only it were so simple. 

It may be difficult to get the rest of the world onboard toward a common goal when so much of the human race is a mess and content to be, But when a united front isn't plausable all we can do is our own best. One person can make a big difference; history is filled with such people. 

2 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It may be difficult to get the rest of the world onboard toward a common goal when so much of the human race is a mess and content to be, But when a united front isn't plausable all we can do is our own best. One person can make a big difference; history is filled with such people. 

Was never really a religious person, nor am I now. I don't believe united fronts are possible, so the best one can do is focus on their own situation and make the best of it, like you say there. If I had any other question to ask, it would be - why do I exist? What is my purpose? I suppose for that, that's up for me to decide. Nobody has those answers. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

You exist for the purpose of existing. You are already fulfilling your purpose -- by simply existing. Now, whether that is a fulfilling purpose or not is an entirely different table -- but here! *cheers in the tea part of madness* Congratulations on your success for the first part, thus far!

While you're existing, I do advise that you look into what makes you come alive and feel like you can do it long term to thrive and enjoy things in life <3 

Here's another question..

How can one live a life enjoying what we have without feeling the guilt of others not always getting to enjoy it? It's one of my flaws, sometimes I don't enjoy what I have cause I feel guilty not everyone can have it. It kind've weighs me down. When I have a brick and mortar store, I offered charity and help but it never seems to be good enough. Either way, maybe that question is too depressing -- let's change it!

How can we ascend and succeed without the guilt of another feeling envious and trying to hold you down? 

I don’t have the needs to ask anyone from the past but I would like to ask this question for my parent.

“was everything in this family and the day my dad takes my mom’s hand to marry her was really love?”

Don’t get me wrong, it not like I don’t see what they try to do as a parent but it’s hard to tell the difference between love or no love lost. I don’t care love can’t be given easily but I just want an honest “yes or no” answer.