Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Two Hearts, One Fate (SOL)

ReverieRiver

(edited)

@@C. Thunder Dash, @@CharChar, @@00Pony,

((OOC: This has been long overdue.))

This isn't you. This isn't the real you.

It was the phrase Ariel kept hearing, and it was the phrase that kept echoing through her fractured mind. And those words reached to that part of her that was struggling to push through the haze of madness. The young unicorn mare laid there on her side, silent as her psyche fought to keep from tearing itself apart completely.

Now all she heard was her own ragged breathing as she looked around at the ponies there. Saronyx and Break, Thunder Dash too, merely trying to help her. Nano, her spiritual brother that she had known since she was a filly. And Galatea... the kind pony that took her in, took care of her, and loved as if she were the mare's own daughter. None of them meant any harm, and Ariel knew that she really didn't want to hurt them.

Ariel had finally regained her senses. But now she felt terrible. She knew exactly how she had snapped, what she had tried to do, what she almost did do. She almost hurt an innocent pony. She nearly killed an innocent pony! And for what reason? None at all! Just because he happened to be closest by! Sure, she had been stopped before she could do it, but that still didn't help the guilt she felt... because had she not been stopped, she would have surely gone through with it without a second's hesitation, and then she would have had to live with that blood on her hooves for the rest of her life.

Suddenly her eyes began watering, and she found that she couldn't stop the tears once they started flowing. Ariel didn't usually like crying in front of others, but there were those times when her emotions were simply out of her control; this was one of those times, especially since the strength of these emotions in particular were overwhelming. She felt so terrible-

She wailed, her heart wracked with terrible anguish and guilt as she curled into a pitiful little ball. Perhaps the mare's feelings seemed blown out of proportion or misplaced - after all, she hadn't actually done anything - but in her mismatched eyes, she was a monster. She was a monster for losing control, for losing her mind, for trying to take a pony's life.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@Miss Reaper,

Thunder slowly walked cautiously closer to Ariel. He paused in between his steps. He hoped that Galatea would be able to do something about this. "There has got to be absolutely something we could do to help poor Ariel. I hate having to see her suffer like this..." Thunder said.  

• 4 weeks later...

@@Miss Reaper,@@C. Thunder Dash,@@CharChar,

(This is going to be a whole lot shorter than it ought to be, considering the size of the gap between this and my last post but... Well, it's something.)

Saron watched the events unfold in silence, biting the inside of his cheek in thought. Ariel finally seemed to calm down, if only a little. She wasn't trying to kill him or Break, or anyone else that was gathered around her. Break had climbed off of her and subsequently knelt with an expression that denoted that he was in pain upon his features. The brightly coated Pegasus, Thunder Dash, tentatively walked closer to the weeping Unicorn mare, giving voice to his belief that there was something they could do to help her. Saronyx couldn't help but give a small chuckle at that. It wasn't because he felt insensitive towards Ariel's plight, or because he thought Thunder Dash's sentiments were ridiculous. Quite the opposite, actually. He wanted to help her as well. 

He was merely laughing at the irony of it. There were no doubts in the Crystal's mind that Ariel had fully intended to kill him only minute prior to her being talked down from her hysteria. The Visionary drew in a deep breath, letting it out slowly as he walked over and gently placed a hoof on Ariel's side for a few seconds, before finally speaking, "First things first, we have to move her somewhere else, preferably  Standing here in the public eye won't exactly be helpful." Saron gestured briefly towards the main thoroughfare, where more than a few ponies were casting long glances in their direction.

The Crystal stallion looks back at the library, making a slight humming noise in his chest before continuing, "Moving her back inside could prove to be an unwise decision, as that had something to do with her collapse, in some way. I've not been in this town for very long, so I don't really know anywhere else that's out of the way." His silver gaze comes to rest on the others, "Have you any suggestions?"

(Like I said... It's something.)

@@00Pony,@@C. Thunder Dash, @@Miss Reaper,  

((OOC: GAAAH, WHY AM I DEAD? lol))

Break looked up at Saron, and asked, "Where did Twilight...go?"  He rested his legs on the soft grass, as his head slowly started to calm down and lose itself from the migraine.  The sun shined brightly ever still, never ceasing it's beautiful glossy finish on everyone.

Break looked down at the knife sticking in the ground.  Where did she even get that?  He thought to himself.

"I believe we should sort things out right now.  I think...  if anything, there might even be a way to cure her, like a spell or a plant or something..."  Break searched his mind for what was in the book he read in Twilight's library.  It said there wasn't a cure but...  There had to be a way.  There had to be some other way, some way to make her better.  She cannot continue living like this.

The pony murmured to himself, "It was like she has two ponies living inside her head...  Where...  where was she from?  How...?"  The more he tried to reason his way about it, he could only think of how unlucky she was.  How improbable, how outside the realm of karma and misdeeds this was.  She didn't deserve this...did she?

((OOC: at least it's something!  Let's try to be more on track with this...  :0))