Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Two Hearts, One Fate (SOL)

ReverieRiver

@@Miss Reaper

Frost looked down at Nano and then up to Galatea, smiling and giving a slight chuckle at the wondrous expression on her face as she looked at her surroundings. "I guess I can understand what you mean. Growing up I was restricted to many rules and always held to the highest standard, but when I came here, and was on my own...it was like a whole other, spectacular, world." Frost said looking down at Nano. "But I'm sure this is much more spectacular, given she technically is in another world am I right?" He said with a laugh

@@Miss Reaper,

"Well...storm clouds are made in a separate room." Thunder stated as he continued to walk to the next room. "And now the one you've been waiting for...the storm room. As you can see, this room is the largest room in the factory. Storms are capable of getting out of control if not made properly. One time, I had to wrangle a loose level 10 storm, which was supposed to be only a level 3 storm, but too much energy was inserted in it." Thunder explained. 

@@Miss Reaper,@@CharChar,

Saronyx had only given a distinct hum in response to Ariel's display of gratitude. He would have wanted to actually say something, it would have been more fitting had he done so, but he had asked Break a question that the stallion was now answering. From his explanation, Saron would classify his talent as another exceptionally rare one. The ability to sense lies, and occasionally thoughts? As he stated, it would be painful. Useful, but a double edged sword. Sensing emotions was something the Crystal could relate to. He gave a dry chuckle, "What are the odds that two ponies with unusual talents would be in the same place at this particular time? Apparently pretty good." He thought to himself.

He glanced to Ariel as she thanked Break as well. Smiling faintly, he spoke, "Told you Ponyville was a friendly little town, didn't I?" And mirth in his tone died out however when his ears finally picked up the sound of her breathing. He didn't quite realize he'd stopped moving when Break spoke. Clearing his throat in slight embarrassment, he continued aiding her along until they were finally back out in the open air. The day outside hadn't changed much in the short time they were in the library. The sun still shone brightly, the town went about its business as usual.  After a short time Saronyx once more looked to the mare beside him, "Feeling better?" He really was asking a lot of questions, wasn't he?

• 2 weeks later...

@@00Pony,@@Miss Reaper,

Break took in a deep breath as he felt the fresh air wash over his muzzle. He exhaled, and looked at the clear sky above them.  The blue was wide and powerful it seemed.

"Let's just clear our heads, and think of a way to get the best possible solution...ok?"  Break looked at Saronyx.  ".....Oh, since we're disclosing information.  Where did you find Ariel?  Heh...  I just want to get all the variables out of the way."  Break was thinking things through like he always did.  He felt like he was missing something, so maybe this was the time to get it out there.

Break looked around, and saw ponies just walking by on their merry way, totally blissful to the problems ahead of Break, Saron, and Ariel.  Stallions walking with Stallions, Mares walking with Stallions, Mares with Mares, Foals bouncing around in the field off to the left... things seamed pretty normal.

((OOC:  I was having some....personal problems, and I wasn't emotionally capable of posting yesterday.  But here I am now! :3 ))

@@Frosty V, @,

(( OOC: Okay guys, I believe it's time to move out of Cloudsdale and head towards the library. Time to bring the group all together, and make things happen! :D ))

Galatea looked around herself, examining every aspect of the storm room she could spot, before she listened to Thunder Dash's story with the wide-eyed fascination of a filly. This was all so new to her; it certainly was like a new world for her to discover all over again. In a way, it rekindled a spark of the great passion she used to have in her work, back when she was just starting out in her career as an engineer. Bringing technology and machinery to life... it always was a thrill - even now, though it was once overwhelmingly so when she was younger.

Nano watched Galatea and her awe-filled expressions for a few moments more with a smile in his eyes before he looked back to Frost. "I suppose this is indeed like a new world to her," he said. "Even though technically, it is the same world, only in a different time period. I must admit, though... I was curious about this place, as well. I was fascinated by how different it all was, and I wished to learn more about it. And still, I learn something new from time to time, even though I have spent approximately a year here."

The robot then glanced in Galatea's direction once more. "With her inquisitive mind, I can only imagine how much more curious she is than I was upon arriving."

@@00Pony, @@CharChar,

Ariel found the fresh air outside to be a lot easier to breathe. Her breathing wasn't quite so rough anymore, and she felt she could actually take some deep breaths to help herself relax further, where her chest had felt too tight to allow it a few minutes before. She could sense her previously frantic heart slowing its pulse to a calmer rhythm as she breathed deeply, her anxiety gradually fading away.

When Saronyx asked if she was feeling better, though, she merely nodded in response, not trusting herself to be able to speak without a quivering voice at that moment. In fact, she still felt somewhat lightheaded, which was why she kept to walking with his assistance; that is, for fear that she would end up losing balance or that her legs would give under her again. From a different perspective, it might have seemed as if she simply didn't want to walk on her own for wanting to remain leaned up against him, even though that never really crossed her mind.

What she was thinking about, was how a simple change in setting, from inside to out of doors, could do so much to help ease her anxiety and make it so much easier for her to breathe. Strangely enough, other ponies she had ever had the misfortune of falling into an anxiety attack around never could understand that. Most of the time, they would simply leave her to endure it on her own, until she eventually recovered on her own. Her parents always did that, come to think about it.

The mare mentally frowned when she found that she was letting herself think about her past again. She then distracted herself by transferring her attention to Break as he asked a question addressed to Saronyx. She turned her gaze up towards Saronyx; since Saronyx was the one Break had asked, she awaited him to respond, in fact mildly curious to know more about the place where she had landed. At the least, a name outside of what she knew about it being a 'forest.'

@@Miss Reaper,

"Alright, this next room is the last room...the rainbow-making room. Rainbows are actaully made from a magical substance that is gathered from a special spring here in Equestria. Innovators are trying to find a way to bring this substance over here without having to travel all of that distance.

(OOC: Last post in Cloudsdale, then I'll have Thunder fly to the library.) 

Saronyx drew in a deep breath at Break's question, sifting through his mental archives to the point when he'd met Ariel only a few hours prior. It wasn't very hard to remember the name of the forest, but he doubted that was where the questions would end. It helped to be prepared ahead of time. The Crystal stallion glanced at his surroundings for a few seconds before responding to the Unicorn's question, "The Everfree Forest. I find the ambiance of the forest calming. I had only just come out of a rift trance when I saw another opening in the sky. From which Ariel fell."

It wasn't a spectacular story, but it got the point across. That was all that was really needed. The Visionary kept his ears alert for any more questions from Break, though he was no longer looking at him, but rather at the surrounding town once more. Saron was aware of Ariel's continued pressure against his side, but he didn't think much on it. She was recovering from an anxiety attack, so it stood to reason that she was still unsteady on her hooves. A wandering mind never did anyone much good, and to assume things only caused the one assuming to look like a fool, and Saronyx often kept his in check. There was not much to be done now but wait for either of his companions to speak.

@@00Pony,@@Miss Reaper,  

"Th-The sky?  ...."  Break said out loud.

If she came from the sky....but...hmmm...  Is she capable of even opening rifts?  .....?  Break looked over at Ariel's cutie mark for a second.  It....wasn't magic oriented, or at least he didn't think so.  There was a huge "X" over a wand and a book, which caused for concern to Break, although it wasn't his top priority to really worry about it...for now.  No, she couldn't have.  But then how did she...get here, from the future?  ...hmm.  Break closed his eyes as he sat on the ground to think for a little bit.

"Hmm..."  He didn't want to ask Ariel anything, as it might cause relapse or something.  ".....And there was nopony else that came out of it, correct Saron?"  His eyes were still closed, however.  He was in deep thought about this whole mess, and he didn't want to say something bad.  He pulled out a small notebook, and started to write stuff down with his magic.  He didn't need to look since his magic was literally just transcribing letters onto the paper from his thoughts.  The notebook glowed in front of him in a light blue tint, and the letters seemed to burn onto the paper with rapid succession.

@@Miss Reaper

Frost's gaze fell on Nano as he spoke, drifting over to look at Galatea every once in a while. He gave a smile followed by a friendly chuckle and patted Nano on the back. "There will always be something hidden about the world, but I for one don't want to know everything about the world, it would make things bland and boring" he said in a overly wise sounding voice. "So are we off to see Twilight at the library

@, @@Frosty V,

If the technology earlier had caught Galatea's interest, then the rainbow-making room absolutely fascinated her. The swirling colors, the mere fact that this before her eyes was pure rainbow... She couldn't help but stare with utterly childlike wonder as she gazed upon the sight. Suddenly, she was quite glad she had agreed to a tour; this was one memory she would be certain to keep with her, even after she would someday return to the relatively bleak future.

Nano glanced back at Frost and nodded his head. "Agreed," he said wholeheartedly, again with smiling eyes. Then he paused to consider the subsequent question and answered simply, "I suppose so."

@@00Pony, @@CharChar,

The Everfree Forest. Even its name sounded serene, although she didn't find the forest to have the same calming atmosphere as Saronyx did - though he probably already knew that, given the state that several trees were in by the time he found her. She wondered if it was only because she had been stressed about being lost, or if it truly was the trees that had bothered her so much; even she did not know.

Saronyx had fairly covered all there was to say about her arrival, or so she thought. Then Break asked if anyone else had come through the rift. "Galatea..." she murmured, deciding to speak up. She spoke softly, her voice just audible enough to be heard by both of the stallions, and paused often as she made certain that she had her thoughts straight. "I followed her through... through the portal... She, um, she made the portal... And I followed her. I don't know... where she went. But I stepped through the portal... and then I was falling..."

She closed her eyes for a few moments, her mind drifting into the memory as she recalled everything. It started feeling a little too vivid to her; she snapped out of it with the slightest jolt as the recollection of the impact when she landed hit her. She then looked at both the stallions, hoping that her information helped at least somewhat.

@@Miss Reaper,

Thunder walked into the rainbow making room. "Now, if there's one piece of advice that I'll never forget, is to never ever try to taste the rainbows. They are so hot, that it'll make you change colors rapidly. Unfortunately, some ponies have assumed that they taste like all of the different fruits, and paid the price. They thought that rainbows were made from fruits and a certain type of magic. But no, rainbows come from a special hotspring, that is found deep in one of the largest forests in Equestria, and no, it's not the Everfree." Thunder explained.  

Saronyx shook his head in response to Break's second question, "I saw none." He said. That was when Ariel spoke up. Saronyx's ears swiveled in her direction and he moved his head to match them, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. She had only said a name, 'Galatea', to start.

She paused for a few seconds before adding onto it, stating that she had followed Galatea through a portal that the latter had created. That was curious. Galatea must would have to be an exceptionally powerful Unicorn to create a time travel spell that manifested as a portal  through which others could step. Not even Starswirl, the original creator of such magic, had been able to do that. But then again, it was the future, and things have a habit of changing. Saron's expression changed from one of contemplation to one of slight concern as he felt Ariel's jolt, and he carefully resituated his stance to offer more support. He remained silent for a few seconds this before asking, "Who is 'Galatea', Ariel?"

@@Miss Reaper

Frost stayed sitting on Nano's back, not wanting to fall through the clouds. He thought of something else to ask or tell Nano to keep the conversation up, he just licked the first thing that came to mind not knowing whether he had asked it in his flood of questions when he first met the robot. "So..tell me Nano, why...why did Galatea create you? Sorry if it's a touchy subject." Frost said softly

@@00Pony, @@Miss Reaper,

She probably doesn't know where this Galetea is... I wonder what this pony has been doing all this time. Break kept thinking to himself, waiting for Ariel to answer Saron.

He looked out at the ponies traversing the dirt roads, and watched as they slowly moved through blurs of color and shapes. Their bodies melding together in a moving colorful blob of being. Break looked down at his notebook, reading what he had wrote so far, and added a few more addendum to fix some previous facts.

((OOC: It's short... I know. lol I'm just waiting for something to happen))

Edited by CharChar

@, @@Frosty V,

Galatea chuckled slightly. "I wouldn't think to try and taste the rainbows. Whatever would give a pony the idea that they taste like fruit?" she remarked lightheartedly. "They certainly are pretty to look at, though..." She looked over to admire the sight of the shimmering colors.

Nano paused to think. "Why Galatea created me...?" He was quiet for a long while, searching through his memories - all the way back to his earliest memories of when he was first brought online. "I... don't believe she ever told me the reason that she created me... You would have to ask her. Or perhaps I will ask her..." Nano was musing aloud now, with Frost having brought up that question. Why did Galatea create him? Why did she never bother to explain the reason?

@@00Pony, @@CharChar,

Ariel sifted through her thoughts, attempting to bring relevant facts about Galatea to the forefront of her mind. "Galatea is an engineer... And she's good at what she does. A very bright mind... That's what others would say." The young mare paused again, seemingly finding it a struggle to come upon the right words. "She's, um... Well, I was her assistant, and..."

She drew in an unsteady breath before releasing it in a shaky sigh. "She was... is... my..." Whatever words she intended to say, they seemed to catch in her throat. "M-My..."

Adoptive mother was what she had wanted to say. But the mere thought of it alone brought a torrent of memories and emotions upon her. All at once, she recalled her unhappy foalhood, her fleeing from her own home, living on the street, being brought in by Galatea and growing up by Galatea's side. That was... until she experienced her first mental break. Remembering everything, the memories all coming towards her at one time; she didn't know how to cope with it.

Her ability to find words was lost to her, and she started trembling, noticeably so. In fact, the tremor in her body was so great that she found it difficult to keep standing, even with Saronyx's support. Her eyes had gone listless, seemingly trapped in the memories flying through her mind's eye.

@@Miss Reaper,

"Oh yes, and some pegasai, like me, can create them when we break the sound barrier. Ponies call it a "Sonic Rainboom." A pony named Rainbow Dash was the first one to pull it off. I've done it before and even make art in the sky with the rainbow trail." Thunder explained.  

@@Miss Reaper

Frost thought for a long moment, this question seemed to peak Nano's interest which made him think. If Galatea had not told him why she had created him maybe there was a reason behind it, maybe Galatea thought the truth would hurt him, but how? All of the reasons Frost could think of, none of them seemed like they would sadden or anger Nano. "I'll ask her if you want! I haven't really had chance to get to talk to her in depth, besides it was my question!" He said the last part in a joking manner following it up with a friendly laugh.

Saron held his silence as Ariel began to describe who Galatea was. By the words 'engineer' his assumption of her being a Unicorn became questionable. How far had the arcane sciences advanced by the time her future came around? He wished he could see it. He caught himself staring rather blankly at the ground as his mind wandered down that path, and he quickly reasserted where his attention should be. He'd inquired, so he'd better listen. The Crystal felt his ears perk slightly as Ariel's speech grew halting, as if she were struggling to find the words. It didn't take him very long to decipher that this was indeed the case. His curious expression was instantly replaced by one of genuine concern as the tremors began to course through her body. For a few seconds he wasn't sure what to do, merely fighting the urge to step away to get a better look at her. Luckily he was able to succeed in that - she was already having enough trouble standing and that would completely upset her balance.

So what did you do in this situation? The Crystal Visionary opened his mouth to say something, but what? Would she even hear him? And would it even help? Already he'd said two things that sent her into an anxiety attack. Would his speaking even help at all? He cast a helpless glance at Break, trying to figure out what to do. Mercifully, he was able to find one solution. Question now was, would that solution work? He'd had good experience with it working in the past. It had calmed Serenity when he used it on her, and even worked for himself when she did so to him. But they were foals then, and their situation was rather different... Not to mention they were family. But that didn't matter. Suffering was suffering, no matter how you painted it. It was worth a shot, at least. Turning his silver gaze back to Ariel, Saron shifted his stance gently so as not to undo her faltering balance, and hugged her. It was admittedly lackluster, to start, as he tried to convince himself that this would work. A second later, he tightened his hold and gently lowered himself - and her with him - to more of a sitting position. He spoke once again in a calming tone, "It's alright... You're not there... You are among friends, Ariel. You're safe... It's alright." But what had happened there that would cause this? He couldn't know.

For a brief second, he was back in the Crystal Empire. The skies were that dreaded burnt hue and the air was thick as he held Serenity this same way, fighting against his own tears as she sobbed into his coat, her hooves hugging onto him as if she were trying to escape from the world. The pair of them seated before the collapsed mouth of the mine that left the twins alone in the world. Just as suddenly as the vivid memory returned, it was gone. He was in Ponyville, one thousand years later. The sky was bright and blue, the air was clean. Serenity was vacationing; safe in Canterlot. This mare wasn't her, but she needed help all the same. Saronyx still knew very little of Ariel's situation, only knowing she'd followed someone she was close to through a portal, and suffered from a mysterious condition that made life difficult. The Crystal blinked, gently stroking Ariel's mane as he looked back to Break, his eyes and expression clearly stating his thoughts, "What has this poor girl gone through?"

Whatever it was she was suffering, whatever she had gone through, Saron knew one thing was sure. The Heart curse him if he didn't do whatever he could to help her.

@@00Pony,@@Miss Reaper,  

((OOC: this is getting deep you guyzz lol))

Break's concentration broke, when he started to hear the whimpering of Ariel once more, now being upheld by Saron for support.  She looked a complete wreck almost, appeared to be stuck in her painful memories.  His eyes widened as he could feel a terribly dark past she was unwillingly concealing; it caused him to put a hoof to his chest as there was this pressure that started to build a little bit from just being near Ariel at that moment.  It wasn't a lie, it was...  pain.  Pain was drowning her ability to speak, it seemed.  It was at that moment, Saron gave Break a look as if saying "What has this poor girl gone through?"

Break returned the look with a small shake of his head.  There was no way he could even FATHOM the sheer pain she had been through for who knows how many years.  This might have all been a little bit too much for her...  Something had to be done, soon!

Break pulled himself closer to the two to try and make sure that she knew she was safe here with the both of them.  Break coughed a little from the pressure in his chest, and looked around once more to see if...maybe... a Galatea would show up, or something!

"....."  Break closed his eyes, and pushed his head towards Ariel- his horn glowing a little bit.

If I listen...maybe I can get her inner voice to air again....  Break thought to himself, trying to feel the same way he felt when he heard the voices in his room from earlier.

.....  No voices could be heard.  His horn stopped glowing altogether. 

...Why?  ...

(edited)

@, @@Frosty V,

((OOC: Okay, we should start heading out of Cloudsdale and towards Ponyville right about now~ I'm really anxious for our two groups to come together, in case you haven't been able to tell. And besides, we can talkie while we walkie. :P))

Galatea raised her eyebrows slightly. "Really? Pegasi can do that? That must be quite the spectacle to see." Just imagining it was a fascinating scene in her mind; seeing it for herself would likely blow her away! With the skies over Diadem City being so dangerous in that era, pegasi rarely had the chance to fly about freely, let alone break the sound barrier to create a 'Sonic Rainboom,' as Thunder Dash had called it.

"Indeed," Nano agreed lightheartedly. "She seems quite in a talkative mood, too. Normally, she is rather serious and quiet." Though, of course, he knew that that was likely because Galatea's keen interest had brought some energy into her; perhaps this change of scenery was a good thing for her.

@@00Pony, @@CharChar,

((OOC: We go any deeper, we'll need scuba diving gear, lol!))

Ariel remained unresponsive for several long moments, barely registering the hug at first. It was the sound of Saronyx's voice combined with his embrace that finally brought her out of her daze; but not before recalling one last memory.

It was when she was just a little filly; she remembered a gentle embrace enveloping her, shielding her from the terrible chill of winter. It's alright, the kind mare had said to her. You're safe now... She remembered feeling safe and secure for the first time since she could remember, and feeling that maybe this meant that things would get better for her from that point on.

Before she hardly realized what she was doing, the young unicorn mare threw her forelegs around Saronyx, returning the hug in kind as tears flooded her eyes. In a way, it was a relief to finally let herself break down and cry, giving an outlet at last for the pain she tried to hard to keep inside. It had been too long a time since she'd had a shoulder to cry on.

She barely noticed when Break had tried to bring out her 'inner voice'; had she been more emotionally stable at that moment, she might have felt the slightest pressure in her head - but as it was, that was hardly something she would be concerned about.

Edited by Miss Reaper

@@Miss Reaper,

"There's a lot more to see in Cloudsdale, but let's head back down and explore other places." Thunder stated as he spread his wings. "Hold on!" He said as he sprang into the air and dove down bound for Ponyville. On the way down, Thunder pulled a vertical loop. He soon landed back on solid ground. Thunder landed right close to the center plaza of Ponyville.  

Saronyx was slightly taken aback by Ariel's returning the gesture of a hug. But all the same, he held his own embrace on her, allowing the young mare to cry into him to her heart's content. He glanced to Break when he put his horn to hers. What he was doing, Saron wasn't sure, but it didn't seem to work. He bit the inside of his cheek, glancing to the passersby. Some slowed in their pace, curious as to why there what was going on. The Crystal shook his head slightly, gesturing for them to move on and let them handle it. They were hesitant, but mercifully compliant. Too many ponies might not be the best thing for Ariel right now.

After a short time, spoke once again, "It's alright. Just remember that you're in safe company." He reassured, "Whenever you're ready to move on, just let me know."

(Not sure of anything else to add. Excuse the lack of colored text. I'm posting from a phone right now. Also, depending on how it goes with the two groups meeting up... We may very well get to see the calm Crystal show off his rare temper :3 I'm excited about this.)

@@Miss Reaper,@@00Pony,  

((OOC:  the drama bombs are gonna be ....EVERYWHERE.  lol))
((Oh...and Miss Reaper, you made it sound like Ariel knew that Break was trying to tap into her inner voice. lol...  Whatevers~~))

Break shook his head a little bit, thinking that maybe he was just tapped out of magic for now.  It's not like he was proficient in magic or anything so this might have been a little of a strain for him.

He saw that Ariel was giving Saron an embrace that seemed almost like a filly would....  It was comforting to know that she at least was starting to calm down more now.  Break felt more at ease knowing that there was a sort of...fatherly pony around.

It was then Break saw a rather brightly yellow pegasus make it's final descent into what looked like the middle part of town.  Of course, Break didn't really think much of it, but that pony...  he was just so brightly colored he couldn't help but notice him.

((go go go!  now is the time!!))

((OOC: Whoops, didn't mean for it to come off like that, CharChar! But, oh well... Let's do this thing!!))

@, @@Frosty V,

Galatea yelped and instinctively clung tightly to Thunder Dash as he made a dive into the air, holding on for dear life when he pulled a loop; naturally, being of one of the non-flying pony races, she wasn't used to such aerial acrobatics. Once the Pegasus had touched down on solid ground, she slowly slid off of his back, thankful to feel the ground beneath her own hooves once more.

Meanwhile, Nano had followed after Thunder Dash, but at a more leisurely and stable pace for the sake of the pony riding on his back. It wasn't long before he, too, landed near the central plaza of Ponyville. Not long after, Nano spotted another small group of ponies not too far away. He wasn't sure what about them caught his attention; perhaps the fact that they were sitting idly while the rest of the ponies in the immediate area were going about everyday business. Or maybe it was the Crystal stallion that had caught his attention; he had never seen one in the flesh before.

Galatea followed Nano's gaze, and spotted that same group, though it was something different about them that snared her attention in particular. There was a young mare, it seemed, and she couldn't see the mare in question very well - yet, she seemed familiar...

@@00Pony, @@CharChar,

It was a few minutes before Ariel started to compose herself. "I'm sor-... I'm sorry..." she hiccuped quietly, though it was quite unclear what exactly she might have been apologizing for. For displaying emotion? For being a burden (by her own opinion of herself)?

Either way, she pulled back just slightly to wipe away the lingering tears in her eyes. She raised her head and glanced around for a moment, as if checking to make certain of where she was...

"It can't be... Ariel?"

Ariel's ears perked at the sound of her name. That voice... It sounded familiar to her! She leaned a little, peering around Saronyx to get a better view of what was behind. And most certainly, there was that red Earth Pony mare she had come to recognize as a mother figure - and Nano, too! She tensed in shock before stuttering out, "G... Gala... tea?"

((Sorry if it seems somewhat forced, I've been waiting for this to happen for a while now! >w<))

@@Miss Reaper,

Thunder continued to walk. "So...what do you think of my flying skills?" Thunder asked Galatea as he continued to walk towards the center plaza. He then noticed Galatea looking in the distance. he saw a group of ponies. "Huh? Who's Ariel?" Thunder asked Galatea.