Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Not a fan of Flurry Heart?

ThatAnonymousPony

Man I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I've despised that little brat since the preview! Let me explain. Becoming an alicorn isn't something that just happens. You have to earn it! You become an alicorn when you deserve it like you know, Twilight who had to learn valuable lessons, save Equestria, and proven she actually deserves it. It's even been confirmed on the premiere that no pony has been born an alicorn. I feel like it makes other alicorns who actually deserve it seem less special.

And you know, all this one needed to do was be born! No earning it, no proving herself worthy! You know what she did? She almost killed the entire crystal empire! I mean, I hated the idea of an alicorn baby since I first saw it, but after she broke the heart, I was filled with rage. I don't care that it was all fixed at the end! None of that would have happened if it wasn't for her.

Also, take a look at her gigantic wings. She was able to fly right after birth. Meanwhile, we've got poor Scootaloo struggling and even getting bullied for not being able to fly on Fly to the Finish. And then there's Sweetie Belle who can barely do magic at all, but yet this alicorn is already so powerful. I know Flurry Heart can't control her magic, but she's still a million times more powerful than any other young pony. So we've got Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo struggling for a long time over stuff that this baby could do in the first hour of her existence.

I'm sorry, but Flurry Heart ruins everything that made other character's accomplishments seem special. I get that they needed new plot points for the new season, but this was not the best way to go about it in my opinion. Is this baby gonna steal all the glory from any other character, including the potential that Starlight Glimmer has being Twilight's student? That's even a big plot point on its own, so we don't need an alicorn baby taking up all the air time. Plus, with this thing being born an alicorn and all, she's basically being put on the same level as Celestia.

I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of some super powerful immortal alicorn who will probably be a million times more powerful than Twilight, Starlight Glimmer, or really any of the characters we know and love. I don't like the idea of this baby not having to earn what the other alicorns worked hard for! Sorry, but I just hate it! How do you all feel about this?

Edited by ThatAnonymousPony
Enter key must have been broken
  • Brohoof 22

She is tolerable in my eyes.

I was never really that up in arms about the "you need to earn the alicorn title" thing to begin with.

• Brohoof 7

Well, nope, you're not the only person to dislike the diabeetus inducing bio weapon of mass destruction, but I dunno, I think you are looking for reasons to hate her, like the alicorn-born argument. Celly and Luna were BORN alicorns :huh: 

• Brohoof 8

Man I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I've despised that little brat since the preview! Let me explain. Becoming an alicorn isn't something that just happens. You have to earn it! You become an alicorn when you deserve it like you know, Twilight who had to learn valuable lessons, save Equestria, and proven she actually deserves it. It's even been confirmed on the premiere that no pony has been born an alicorn. I feel like it makes other alicorns who actually deserve it seem less special. And you know, all this one needed to do was be born! No earning it, no proving herself worthy! You know what she did? She almost killed the entire crystal empire! I mean, I hated the idea of an alicorn baby since I first saw it, but after she broke the heart, I was filled with rage. I don't care that it was all fixed at the end! None of that would have happened if it wasn't for her. Also, take a look at her gigantic wings. She was able to fly right after birth. Meanwhile, we've got poor Scootaloo struggling and even getting bullied for not being able to fly on Fly to the Finish. And then there's Sweetie Belle who can barely do magic at all, but yet this alicorn is already so powerful. I know Flurry Heart can't control her magic, but she's still a million times more powerful than any other young pony. So we've got Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo struggling for a long time over stuff that this baby could do in the first hour of her existence. I'm sorry, but Flurry Heart ruins everything that made other character's accomplishments seem special. I get that they needed new plot points for the new season, but this was not the best way to go about it in my opinion. Is this baby gonna steal all the glory from any other character, including the potential that Starlight Glimmer has being Twilight's student? That's even a big plot point on its own, so we don't need an alicorn baby taking up all the air time. Plus, with this thing being born an alicorn and all, she's basically being put on the same level as Celestial. I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of some super powerful immortal alicorn who will probably be a million times more powerful than Twilight, Starlight Glimmer, or really any of the characters we know and love. I don't like the idea of this baby not having to earn what the other alicorns worked hard for! Sorry, but I just hate it! How do you all feel about this?

Nah, you're not alone there. I've seen TONS of people that hate flurry hearts.

That being said, while I understand you hating her, I don't mind her too much myself ;)

so long as she's kind of just shoved into a corner to be forgotten like shining armor and cadence, its not too big of a deal. (Though, I have a feeling the finale might revolve around flurry heart and why she's an alicorn, given how the End of the premier had what looked to be a changeling sillouette flying towards the empire as they were near the leaving the empire)

Celly and Luna were BORN alicorns :huh:

>Cough, "The birth of an alicorn is something equestria has never seen!

Hoping for loopholes around that (Like them being born elsewhere), but celly seems to be implying her and Luna weren't born gods either :/

• Brohoof 3
  • Leaves 1

The majority of the fanbase is making a shitstorm about that stupid baby, so no you're not the only one. I myself have no problem with her, but reading your post made me see her in a new light and I realized things about her that I never realized before.

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 3

The majority of the fanbase is making a shitstorm about that stupid baby, so no you're not the only one. I myself have no problem with her, but reading your post made me see her in a new light and I realized things about her that I never realized before.

Brony fanbase; we have to remember that the little girls watching the show might not be nearly as sensitive to alicorns as we are.

• Brohoof 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBYc8XS3SXA

That should help. Rarity's line to Twilight makes no sense if Alicorns were always ascended. 

However, its important to note that Rarity could have been unaware that it was possible to become an alicorn due to ignorance of how alicorns work at that time due to the S3 premier taking place in the past: Celestia on the other hand should be the most knowledgeable person available for how alicorns work, meaning that her being ignorant of them would be more suspect.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I'm not a fan, that's for sure.  You know the way Kratos kills harpies?  Y'know, when you grab em with circle?  (Don't want to be too graphic, y'know)  Anyway, that's what I want done to Flurry Heart, or Turbulence Cardioid as I call her.  I want Kratos to burst through a wall and kill her harpy grab style.

I've hated her from the get-go, but I have some very personal reasons why I hate it when they always have babies on TV.  It's not just her.  But in Turbulence Cardioid's case, I find it particularly annoying and lore damaging.  I do agree that her power level diminishes and cheapens that of others.  They shoulda just gone all out and had Vegeta scan the baby and go, "It's over 9000!"  In fact, you know what?  Get on that, community.  Put that one on youtube.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that the majority of the fandom is overreacting.  Flurry Heart being born an alicorn isn't that big of a deal.  Twilight's accomplishments are far more important than her wings.  And just because Flurry is the same race as Celestia, it doesn't make them equal.  In my opinion, an unexplained alicorn makes the series more interesting.

As for the magic, remember that Pound and Pumpkin Cake could use magic and fly very well.  It's not that baby ponies are more powerful, it's just that their magic (both unicorn magic and flight magic) can flow from them unrestricted.  When they age, their magic will be pushed deeper within them.  There's even a chance that Scootaloo could fly when she was a baby.  So, as Flurry grows up, she will become significantly less powerful.

Even if you still don't like Flurry Heart, she will still most likely only show up in the finale and one or two other episodes at most, so it isn't that huge of a deal anyways.  But just because she didn't earn what Twilight did, Flurry still did not gain the valuable experience and friendships that Twilight did along her journey, and that's what really matters.  Plus, from what we can tell, Celestia and Luna were born alicorns, and I don't see anybody complaining about them.

Edited by 20% Cooler Than Cake
  • Brohoof 6

Also, take a look at her gigantic wings. She was able to fly right after birth. Meanwhile, we've got poor Scootaloo struggling and even getting bullied for not being able to fly on Fly to the Finish. And then there's Sweetie Belle who can barely do magic at all, but yet this alicorn is already so powerful. I know Flurry Heart can't control her magic, but she's still a million times more powerful than any other young pony. So we've got Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo struggling for a long time over stuff that this baby could do in the first hour of her existence.

Have you not remembered the Baby Cakes episode? Rarity and Twilight mentioned that unicorns have random magical surges when they're as young as our little Flurry Heart. This is normal, Sweetie Belle being a unicorn, must've had those power surges also? And my theory is some pegusi learn quickly or not, considering Pound Cake. Flurry Heart was just following her unicorn genetics and her pegasi genetics

• Brohoof 1

>Cough, "The birth of an alicorn is something equestria has never seen!

Hoping for loopholes around that (Like them being born elsewhere), but celly seems to be implying her and Luna weren't born gods either :/

Uhhhh, technically, that's correct, as Celly and Luna PREDATES Equestria, as they were born BEFORE it's founding
  • Brohoof 2

Have you not remembered the Baby Cakes episode? Rarity and Twilight mentioned that unicorns have random magical surges when they're as young as our little Flurry Heart. This is normal, Sweetie Belle being a unicorn, must've had those power surges also? And my theory is some pegusi learn quickly or not, considering Pound Cake. Flurry Heart was just following her unicorn genetics and her pegasi genetics

Haha last time I checked, other unicorns didn't have "power surges" powerful enough to create the kind of destruction that this little alicorn has already began on her first day of existence

• Brohoof 3

Haha last time I checked, other unicorns didn't have "power surges" powerful enough to create the kind of destruction that this little alicorn has already began on her first day of existence

Depends on how one ranks twilight's Overload during the cutie mark chronicles.

large.png

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Um yeah, because she's an alicorn! Alicorns are WAY more powerful then even the most powerful of unicorns. We know that. So of course the surges are more powerful then a regular old unicorn's. That's the point.

Um yeah, because she's an alicorn! Alicorns are WAY more powerful then even the most powerful of unicorns. We know that. So of course the surges are more powerful then a regular old unicorn's. That's the point.

That goes back to my original point: I don't like the idea of an alicorn baby

• Brohoof 2

Precisely how I feel. OP, stealing air time, problematic, obnoxious. Probably going to be nothing but a hoof-full to everypony who stands in her way.

In fact, I'd rather listen to Bain from Payday 2. I would have one MILLION times rather have seen him talking in everypony's ears for the entirety of the episode.

Guys, Sunburst's book, go get it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjVIrVw8b4

Edited by Eazyfries
  • Brohoof 1