Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

AnonymousTheSecond

Then he said that 'it was and awesome show'. img-2006781-2-huh.png But straight after, he said that he wasn't a brony.

Why does it matter if he uses the whole brony name to call himself?

You said he thought it was an awesome show: so clearly he technically falls into what I would call being a brony, if he chooses to use the word ‘brony’ or not is irrelevant in my opinion.

If you want to have a new pal to talk ponies with: then maybe just ask little questions like: “so you like that mlp show right?, you seen that episode where……” or maybe send him funny clips or memes or something and see if you get a positive reaction and if it backfires for whatever reason then hold back.

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm not too sure on how to find out he is a brony. When my friend started to watch the show he ask me if I heard about the show. All I know is that I don't lie about being a brony but I also don't go around shouting I'm a brony. People have to ask.

I feel the same way about my friends, whenever Im around them they do nothing but watch MLP videos on youtube such as FIW and a few other random videos, they say there not bronies and they tease me about being a brony yet there the ones who constantly bring up MLP and videos. i think there just ashamed of actually liking the show or atleast the fan made episodes and content. I also caught one of them humming the winter bells song, though he stopped when I noticed him doing it.

I must find out if they are because that would mean there the first 2 bronies Ive ever met IRL biggrin.png

Well, if he doesn't have any bad thoughts about bronies, then I think you should tell him that you're a brony. If he's a brony, then he'll say that he is one too. If he's not, he'll probably say "Oh, that's cool!"

It doesn't really matter if he calls himself a brony or not. If he likes the show he's not going to tease you for liking it. You don't have to say "I'm a brony" but you could talk about it with him now without worrying about being outed.

PS: I don't think you should be ashamed of liking the show or calling yourself a brony, but I understand that it's hard to be open about theses things.

• Brohoof 1

nopony knows that i am one, except my girlfriend since she is one too... i don't really know the definition of brony since we only enjoy the show and all related stuff... but surely we don't go around telling other people... only some of my closest friends knows... time ago a fellow at university picked up my phone.. in the background i had a pony version of the abbey road of the beatles (i listen to this type of music) he asked what the hell was that and i answered that it was a joke about the beatles since they spread tollerances and love messages like this kids show.. so yeah... much in a closet... maybe someday i will get a shirt.. but something that only a brony can understand.. like a cutie mark :)

this is the imageabbey_road_the_ponies_by_darkkon13-d50x1

so yeah.. don't care too much if him define himself or not a brony... he does enjoy the show and likes to talk about it! that should be enough for ya!

• Brohoof 1

I don't see what you're afraid of: he's clearly a brony in denial if he seriously knows that much about the show. Just try to do what he's doing (like make jokes about the characters), and if he's thinking you're a brony (which you don't want him knowing), say that you're not one, just like he appears to know a lot but makes a small statement that he isn't a brony. Actions speak louder than words.

If you want my advice, just do what I do. Let it out and say you're a brony. Idk how it is in your neighborhood but I am very comfortable about wearing pony clothing and accessories and my non brony friends think it's cool. If you feel you can do this, go for it :)