Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP. Friendship is Magic theme VS. Phineas and Ferb theme

Pat.Rio.T.

MLP. FiM theme VS. Phineas and Ferb theme  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Which song is better(please read the first post before voting)

• Friendship is Magic theme song
    • Phineas and Ferb theme song

Hello! I am Patterson Rio Tacitus. 

This is the first of hopefully many of these posts.
As the title suggests, I will be putting two similar songs from each series up against each other, and by vote, you will choose which song is better.

Why Phineas and Ferb songs? I chose this series to pit against FiM. because I feel that their songs are quite similar. Not in style necessarily, more because both series create many original songs for the episodes that are usually exceptionally good quality, for an animated series. (I do not wish this to become a debate topic here. Please just vote, and maybe leave a comment explaining why you chose the song)

Now I know that most everybody here will probably be partial to MLP, which is why I ask that you listen to both songs, and then try to judge them based on which song is truly better, not necessarily which one you like better. However, if I find that MLP is winning way too much, then I will discontinue these polls. (Don't get me wrong, it just wouldn't be much of a contest if one side always wins because everybody is too partial)

I will be posting a new two songs approximately every two weeks, and I will announce the winners, on this blog, at least a month after I post the poll.

And now, without further ado, may I present the contestants for this weeks poll!

First up, is the unmistakable My Little Pony Friendship is Magic theme song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHhf3XxMw30

And for our other worthy contender, we have the theme song from Phineas and Ferb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2nVcuwF_0A

You decide which song is better! Vote Now!

(Please forgive me if the videos don't show up right this is my first time trying)                                      Next poll Edited by Pat.Rio.T.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Let see here

MLP Theme:

+Good animation in opeaning

+Catchy song

+Nemrous characters in opeaning

-In first 10 seconds of the current opeaing Twilight doesn't have wings,but at the end she does

-Kinda contradicts the show's audience and maturity of the show

PnF Theme

+Catchy song

+Good opeaining altogether

+Tells what the show is about

+Uses quick pictures from prev. episodes from prev. seasons in the opeaning

-The secondary main characters only appear for about 2 or seconds in the opeaning

_____________________________________________________________________________________-

Winner: PnF because its catchy and doesn't contradict the shows purpose

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

As much as both have had a tendency to annoy me, my vote would have to go to MLP:FIM's theme song. Despite how girly it is, I've grown to be more tolerant to this theme song than the theme song for Phineas and Ferb.

While MLP's theme song is actually slow, melodic, and upbeat, the theme song for Phineas and Ferb is just too loud and obnoxious for my taste, and I'm personally not a fan of Bowling for Soup. :P

Besides, Daniel Ingram is a wonderful musical composer and the lyrics were Lauren Faust's masterpiece. The song featured the voices of all the mane six characters and that fact alone definitely earns my vote.

Plus, just a little fun fact: The theme song was originally sung by Shannon Chan-Kent, the singing voice of Pinkie Pie. :)

https://soundcloud.com/dannyimusic/mlp-theme-demo-shan 

• Brohoof 1

Do you really need to ask me that?

Do you really need to ask the guy who hates everything about phineas and ferb (or however you spell it)?

The show annoys me in general, and one of the most annoying parts of it is the theme song...

So obviously MLP wins in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Honesly, I think the Phineas & Ferb theme is better. The show is about two kids building the craziest of things while their secret agent platypus fights an evil doctor who is a cliché dumbass. A hyperactive theme describing quite a few of the things they've done fits it quite well.

MLP on the other hand, if it would be based on the theme, would be pretty much G3 all over again. You know what I mean.

• 5 months later...

Mlp wins. i hate Phineas and ferb anyway

Personally, I haven't seen Phineas and Ferb much but when I did I didn't enjoy it, but I think if I were to have watched it enough, I might been able to eventually enjoy it, idk,  there were times though that I did somewhat enjoy it. Now personally I think both songs are very catchy, both are really good, and I like both of them a lot. Although I'm gonna have to say MLP theme because I just like it better, it's more my style and feel, and to me it's just nicer.

The PnF theme is very good though, and I agree with someone that, it does tell you more about the show than the MLP theme, which is part of the point for theme songs so, that is definitely where I feel the PnF theme did better there.