Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is It A Waste Of Money If...

Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™

I can relate. My mother was raised in a very strict rural family and it shaped her parenting. My brothers and I kind of thought of her as the dictator of the house. There were so many things we wanted as kids that we weren't allowed to buy, but it all got better around age 13. I guess my more liberal dad stepped in and said "let the kids have fun!" BUT! To answer your original question...

Who controls the money you've earned? If it's in your parents' bank, then this may be more of a problem. If it isn't or better yet, you've got it all in cash somewhere (or hell, in your own bank account), I might have a plan. How often do you get gifts? If you've never received a gift from a friend, then it may be harder to pull off.

Go to one of your friends that you trust the most (preferably an older one), bring your method of payment, ask to use one of their computers and buy it from their place with your dough. Then, have it shipped to their place and have them "gift" it to you. WHAT A NICE GIFT! :D Though this will be a problem when your mom asks the friend's parents (an older friend may be able to dodge this especially if they are in college) why they did it or where they got the money. 

Though, if I knew you well I've been known to be pretty nice and get things for friends of mine that they are dying for (within reason...I won't get my uber lazy friend a new gaming pc he wants, but I did get him windows 8, a ton of games over steam, and a new graphics card :P)...just saying ;)

If this plan won't fly, then I can only say sorry, you've gotta respect your parents' authority until you move out. It's just the terms and conditions of your room and board set by your biological landlords.

That's pretty smart, yeah. I would totally do it... if I lived near any of my friends xD 

So I have some money. Okay, cool. I want to spend my money, yeah? I want to buy a cosplay, with my money. Nothing wrong with that, is there? No.

Let's recap... I want to buy a cosplay, with MY money. No one else's...

I am 17 years old, I have responsibility and I know how to handle myself in this world... so does my Mum have the right to deny me buying a cosplay with my own money? She will not let me, and it's really getting on my nerves...

It's a Death the Kid cosplay, in case anyone was curious.

If you enjoy something and have no pressing monetary obligations, it is not a waste.

However, 17? She has a right, legally, to deny you. 18 is the age of adults, at least over here. Until then, you're under her thumb...Unless wherever you are allows emancipation (essentially a legal document disowning your parents).

I'm not going to tell you to buy it, but I am going to tell you to tell your mother to donate what she would spend on you to a charity provided you want nothing else. This isn't an attack against you or trying to get you to take a high road but more of a petty revenge that will benefit someone else kind of move.

I agree so much with what Kyoshi said you need to read that post cause everything he said is true.

Yeah man its the money you earned so you have a right to use it as you please. *Although she is your mom to and you live with her so you kinda have to go along with what she says unfortunately :/*

Edited by Ticking Timebomb