Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Luna themed song collaboration idea! (WIP)

OrangeRiff

Hi Everypony!

Yesterday night I wrote some Luna themed Lyrics, and a bass tune for it, but as I'm not confident with my voice and singing I would like to make this into a collaboration with somepony brave enough to step forth! :D

If more than one wild applicants appear out of (the so often mentioned) tall grass, then maybe there will be more different versions~ :)

The Lyrics:

Oh night sky

So distant, so far

There are so many stars

and I know them all

Children

They sleep safe an sound

No nightmares around

My shackles are bound

Sister!

look at me now!

You wear a crown

but I1m just a shadow

(now) Dark Clouds

Black out the Moon

I can not see you

My Dear Celestia

I'm sorry!

But you can't hear me now.

My silent tears

Fade in their dreams

They've forgotten!

They've forgotten my face

My caring embrace

They belong to you now

But one day

I will return

Equestria will burn

in my wake (evil laughter)

So, that's it. I'm welcoming every and any kind of comments and critiques you have. :)

As you can see the lyrics depict Luna, when she was trapped in/on the Moon.

At some points it may seem like a crazy poem with no (or few) rhymes by some disturbed, sick pony, but let's just think how schizophrenik our beloved princess could have been when she was combined with her Nightmare Moon persona...

I also attached a quickly made version of the tune I planned to use with this. But as it's just an idea yet, it's not a must use.

luna.mp3

Edited by OrangeRiff
  • Brohoof 3

OH my, this all sounds like a very nice proyect! Wish i had a deeper voice to make luna U_U Ive always wanted to participate in a mlp song!  But im not sure i could fit a villain voice like that.
Hope to see a lot of ponys attending this topic >w>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everypony!

Yesterday night I wrote some Luna themed Lyrics, and a bass tune for it, but as I'm not confident with my voice and singing I would like to make this into a collaboration with somepony brave enough to step forth! :D

If more than one wild applicants appear out of (the so often mentioned) tall grass, then maybe there will be more different versions~ :)

The Lyrics:

So, that's it. I'm welcoming every and any kind of comments and critiques you have. :)

As you can see the lyrics depict Luna, when she was trapped in/on the Moon.

At some points it may seem like a crazy poem with no (or few) rhymes by some disturbed, sick pony, but let's just think how schizophrenik our beloved princess could have been when she was combined with her Nightmare Moon persona...

I also attached a quickly made version of the tune I planned to use with this. But as it's just an idea yet, it's not a must use.

I'm liking this. Hopefully someone will happen along and volunteer their voice.