Favorite horror game?

So.. what's your favorite scary movie?

Wait-wait-wait, there's something wrong here. Oh, never mind. Yeah, let's get to it.

Which horror game (if you've played some) has gotten you really .. really .. really .. SCARED!?

Perhaps if I gave you an example of how scared some people can get, here's a video:

(If you wanna jump to the funneh steph, then it's around 1:30.)

not the scariest, buet definately the very best in my honest opinion.

the Dead Space series.

also, when you play Dead Space 2 and you got it on impossible difficulty, things tend to get very scary very fast :P

I haven't actually played a horror game before but I have a friend who's a big fan of the Fatal Frame Series. She has the second and third games :) She showed me some pics and clips and I gotta admit that stuff looks pretty scary :blink:

There's even a warning on the back of the case saying don't play in the dark ^_^ It's that bad. If you guys want, look up the trailers for the games. They give you a pretty good idea of what you're up against. ;)

Surprisingly, I actually haven't played that many horror games besides Slender xD

Well, there is this one game called Ib that's pretty cool, and a short little "fanfiction" called Story of the Blanks that's pretty scary.

For anyone interested, here's a link to Story of the Blanks (should take about 15 minutes if you don't die) : http://donitz.deviantart.com/art/Story-of-the-Blanks-216207954

Amnesia is incredible! and scary as well.

Though I honestly love Doom 3, as well as some various horror maps for Garry's mod. :ph34r:

Quake 4 I actually found to be a bit horrorific as well .-.

Edited by z77e-itx

Silent hill at best.

img-2125005-1-Silent-Hill-Playstation-Co

To this day, it's one of the creepiest and scariest games I've played, sure it's a bit old, but it still holds up for in scare and psychological horror....

On console? Parasite Eve.

4733d1205101980-parasite-eve-cover-inlay

This game still scares the absolute crap out of me today, and I still have it sitting in my grown Playstation 1 collection.

Though, I gotta agree with DX. The SIlent Hill series is still pretty scary, too.

• Brohoof 1

The only games that has really put me on edge were the Condemned Franchise, Outlast, and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Alan Wake is my favorite horror game even though it didn't scare me. 

On console? Parasite Eve.

That game too.

Although, I would call that one more freaky and creepy, as despite it's moments and looks, it never scared me.

Silent hill does a better job because of the atmosphere, soundtrack, and enemies.....

Nice choices. I must really say. 

My favorite horror game? Hmm....
This one:
scp_containment_breach___don_t_blink___b

Is that, that SCP F2P game?

SCP Containment Breach - Yup

Heh, I especially recognised THAT.. thing

Edited by Guest

That game too.

Although, I would call that one more freaky and creepy, as despite it's moments and looks, it never scared me.

Silent hill does a better job because of the atmosphere, soundtrack, and enemies.....

But I will never forget that rat transformation.

What has been seen cannot be unseen...

Silent hill at best.

img-2125005-1-Silent-Hill-Playstation-Co

To this day, it's one of the creepiest and scariest games I've played, sure it's a bit old, but it still holds up for in scare and psychological horror....

Silent Hill.. then you must be familiar with this song, then.

Edited by Guest

I have played so many horror games in my life, but the scariest one will always be Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Why you might ask? Well then here is your answer.

In the game, Link is actually dead and he is purgatory, a place that spirits go before they go to heaven, or hell.

The five main areas that support this are Clock Town, Southern Swamps, Snowhead, Great Bay and finally Ikana Canyon. These places symbolize the five stages of grief.

Clock Town is denial. People deny that the moon is falling.

Southern Swamps is Anger. The Deku King is angry at the monkey for kidnapping his daughter.

Snowhead is bargaining. Darmini bargains Link to bring him back.

Great Bay is depression. Lulu is depressed.    (Depressed Lulu is depressed) <------------- No Shit!!!

And finally Ikana Canyon is acceptance. Every enemy accepts the fact that they are dead.

For more information please follow this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw

Edited by Rokkurin
  • Brohoof 1

Parasite Eve II, for me. Only due to the context of the original. The first was creepy enough, but an enjoyable survival-horror. What made the second one complete for me was that it was completely human driven, yet somehow... not. Aya not once comes across a human opponent, yet our grubby fingers are all over the scene. A nearly extinction-level event happened in New York and now, a group of shadowy, idealistic extremists haven't just planned on recreating it... They're at step two of a three step plan. 

And yet none of them are around. It's like a spooky factory that's still running without any employees, creating something we don't understand for reasons we can't grasp. Corruption goes to the top brass. The main character is the catalyst. The monsters in the game did not scare me. 

The humanity of it did.