Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Kingdom Hearts 3

Sanic Screwdriver

As many of you may know kingdom hearts 3 has been confirmed actually a few months ago I think, so I thought I should ask what are you naked and expectations for kingdom hearts 3? What do you hope they do and don't bring back? Do you feel it will be on par with the first 2? Did you prefer 1 or 2?

Im extremely excited for KH3.

The only real problem Iv ever had with the KH series is that its on so many different platforms that its not even funny. Because of that alone its very hard to keep hard to keep up with the story line.

I mean Im not going out to buy a bunch of different systems just so I can play one game, Im a KH fan but Im not that hard core.   -_-

I will say that form what little I have seen of HK3 looks quite astonishing though.    :o

• Brohoof 3

Im excited as well, but i doubt ill get it since its gonna be on PS4 and i don't plan on buying any game consoles, i played KH1 and KH2 and i love the storyline and battle system, i dont whana spend $400 just for one game, cause in the end the current generation of games dont not atract me so much as to buy them a whole system then any individual game.

I already own a gaming Computer and it does more than just play games, has for what i hope to see i really want a marvel and star wars theme world that would be awesome and might be the only thing that would even temp me to buy the console but i doubt it tho, ill tho come to think of it, it seems capcom couldn't afford marvel characters license for their VS titles so who knows we may actually get them.

I've been a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series since I first got a Playstation 2 in 2002. It's such an enjoyable game, even though the merging of Final Fantasy with Disney is just completely and utterly ridiculous. Never before then did I think such a combination would create one of my absolute favorite video game series of all time.

I'm looking forward to what kind of worlds they can add to the story. There's no telling what they will add next, but it's sure to be awesome no matter what they do. I'll surely be nabbing this game the day it is released.

Currently me and Arylett are doing a Let's Play on Youtube of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix. Our plan is to play through the whole series, and move on to Kingdom Hearts 3 as soon as it is released. :3

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait.  I just got 1.5 ReMix for Christmas, plan on buying all the remakes until 3 drops.

From what I've read, they plan on evolving the Flow Motion controls from KH3D and keeping the combat close to KHII.  Excited! 

• Brohoof 3

• 5 weeks later...

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. A bit bummed it will probably be out in 2015 or 2016 because that's too long! I hope they will add Arendelle from Frozen into the game. Unlike other people though, I actually wouldn't like the Star Wars world to be in it. In my opinion it just doesn't fit with Disney. I know Disney owns it and all but still...

Edited by Absolute Zero

I hope they keep The worlds from KH2 but add Tarzans wrold for the first and KILL ATLANTIS MUSICAL STAGE...that was horrible and I hope they add more drive forms and all that. I'm excited for the gun keyblades because thats interesting

• Brohoof 1

I lurve the KH series. I can't wait for 3. I know a lot of people have been waiting for 3 but I've been very satisfied over the years with all the other games. I actually find it kind of funny that there are still people out there who believe they'll be able to make a smooth transition from 2 to 3 or that the secret video from KH2 has yet to be shown. So much has happened since.

I suppose it helps that they're releasing all of the past games (except for Dream Drop Distance) on PS3 in collections but I'm gonna laugh at all the people who thought the handheld games were merely side games or spinoffs. They are very story relevant. Every. Single. One.

I know we got some footage of KH3 already but I think it's very likely the game is gonna change a lot before it's released. The footage we have was made to appease those who have been raging for news on KH3 for a long time. They said they weren't gonna work on KH3 until Final Fantasy Versus XIII (now Final Fantasy XV) was finished and while that's right around the corner I don't think they've actually done much beyond give us a teaser trailer.

I fully expect them to bring Flowmotion back. I remember hearing that Flowmotion was originally supposed to be harder to pull off and some of the beta testers complained about how hard it was to actually do it so they made it more floaty. Nomura has supposedly said he wants to put it in KH3 as well and I welcome this. They can make for some truly amazing levels if they take Flowmotion into account when creating the worlds.

An obviously common element in the footage we saw were powers (or parts of worlds?) that were made up of brightly colored structures that looked like theme park rides. I gotta wonder what that's about and if it's something tied to the worlds and story or if it's another addition to Sora and/or Riku's power.

I really hope they keep Riku as a playable character whether through story modes ala Birth By Sleep or being able to switch them at any time like in Dream Drop Distance. Riku is my favorite protagonist in the series and I hope he's not left on the wayside during the final story.

For reference, my ranking of the series:

Dream Drop Distance > 358/2 Days > KH1 = KH2 = Birth By Sleep > Chain of Memories GBA > Coded > Chain of Memories PS2

I can't wait.  I just got 1.5 ReMix for Christmas, plan on buying all the remakes until 3 drops.

From what I've read, they plan on evolving the Flow Motion controls from KH3D and keeping the combat close to KHII.  Excited!

I can't wait to see what they do with Flowmotion in KH3. They made for amazing platforming and level designs.

The combat being more like KH2 is kinda lame but as long as they keep some elements from DDD I'm good. I felt DDD was an absolute improvement on everything BBS did combat-wise which was also an improvement on KH2's combat. To revert back to the state it was in way back in yesteryear... granted having Reflect back would be tons of fun. :(

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I hope we don't get a Marvel world, yet at the same time, I hope Deadpool shows up as a summon

But what I'm really hoping for is some Pixar worlds, especially Toy Story

• Brohoof 1

Reflega for best spell, period.

It even made the Sephiroth fight laughably easy.

When I fought Sephiroth I didn't know how to use Reflect. I didn't know how to use the spell at all the first two or three playthroughs. Part of it was I was expecting it to work like in Final Fantasy where it was a constant effect. Yeah, I had a dumb.

Once I figured out how to use it I obliterated the game with it. As if the game wasn't easy enough already.... :D

I should try to fight Sephiroth again when 2.5HD comes out. I'll probably totally own him.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I used to love this series with a burning passion, until:

A. The whole "multiple consoles" thing.

B. Nomura created the cheapest and most confusing Bigger Bad in video-game history.

Now don't get me wrong, I still love this series... just more with a "lukewarm" passion now.

Both Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are console-sellers for me.

From what I've read, they plan on evolving the Flow Motion controls from KH3D and keeping the combat close to KHII. Excited!

Oh lord, PLEASE NO FLOW MOTION.

It was so broken and no fun. For one, it made it easy to spam by jumping onto and off of a wall to slam down on an enemy, then to repeat.

That's the minimal problem with it.

The HUGE problem I had with it is that it was totally broken. You could scale just about any wall with it.

You could even use it to bypass any puzzles or platforms that you were expected to take seven minutes of effort within a minute.

Seriously, they have to at least remove being able to wall jump as well as swing around of objects and enemies.

... Except that's basically not having flow motion.

Anyways, flowmotion was broken and ruined the experience I had with 3DS. I can't believe they didn't think it through the exploits for Dream Drop Distance.

If they plan to add a similar way to play, they have a lot of fixing to do.

Both Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are console-sellers for me.

Oh lord, PLEASE NO FLOW MOTION.

It was so broken and no fun. For one, it made it easy to spam by jumping onto and off of a wall to slam down on an enemy, then to repeat.

That's the minimal problem with it.

The HUGE problem I had with it is that it was totally broken. You could scale just about any wall with it.

You could even use it to bypass any puzzles or platforms that you were expected to take seven minutes of effort within a minute.

Seriously, they have to at least remove being able to wall jump as well as swing around of objects and enemies.

... Except that's basically not having flow motion.

Anyways, flowmotion was broken and ruined the experience I had with 3DS. I can't believe they didn't think it through the exploits for Dream Drop Distance.

If they plan to add a similar way to play, they have a lot of fixing to do.

I honestly don't recall there ever being a point where you could use Flowmotion to bypass anything that was required to do but it did give the option of going through levels a little faster. When used in a world that we already had like Traverse Town which wasn't made with Flowmotion in mind (until the later parts of the level) then it makes sense that you'd be able to make your way up to higher parts of the level with ease.

But the thing is: Every level was designed that way afterward. They made every level with the intention of allowing you to scale it within seconds using Flowmotion. This not only has amazing potential for future levels but the ones in DDD alone were the best levels we've had in the series for a long time.

The only "puzzles" in the game were little more than hitting switches or destroying an object anyway and being able to get to them faster with Flowmotion was probably the idea more than it was a way to circumvent a longer solution.

Flowmotion didn't break things so much as that's how the levels and game were designed to play in the first place. It's a fine line but it is what it is. Why waste ten minutes trying to find a walkable route to a door when you can just Flowmotion your way into it? Sure it'll get you through the level faster but you are also going to miss treasure chests (many of which can only be found with Flowmotion) and enemy mobs which will leave you underleveled and your Dream Eaters unupgraded which will ultimately give you a harder time.

On the note of combat, there's many games that are easily broken with one or two moves but the point isn't necessarily to use those moves alone. I would also go so far as to say that using only Flowmotion is slower than using the actual good spells in the game like Balloon which took massive amounts of damage off of anything it came into contact with. Flowmotion did a good job of keeping you out of the damage zone longer but I'd hardly call it effective unless you needed to stay alive long enough for one of your Curaga slots to fill up or during a challenge where you can't get hit more than a certain number of times.

Flowmotion opened up many opportunities in DDD alone and for the future in the series and whether you use it or not is up to you but it's not always the move effective method, particularly in battle. Most bosses will laugh your attacks off if you try to Flowmotion them.

I honestly don't recall there ever being a point where you could use Flowmotion to bypass anything that was required to do but it did give the option of going through levels a little faster. When used in a world that we already had like Traverse Town which wasn't made with Flowmotion in mind (until the later parts of the level) then it makes sense that you'd be able to make your way up to higher parts of the level with ease.

But the thing is: Every level was designed that way afterward. They made every level with the intention of allowing you to scale it within seconds using Flowmotion. This not only has amazing potential for future levels but the ones in DDD alone were the best levels we've had in the series for a long time.

The only "puzzles" in the game were little more than hitting switches or destroying an object anyway and being able to get to them faster with Flowmotion was probably the idea more than it was a way to circumvent a longer solution.

Flowmotion didn't break things so much as that's how the levels and game were designed to play in the first place. It's a fine line but it is what it is. Why waste ten minutes trying to find a walkable route to a door when you can just Flowmotion your way into it? Sure it'll get you through the level faster but you are also going to miss treasure chests (many of which can only be found with Flowmotion) and enemy mobs which will leave you underleveled and your Dream Eaters unupgraded which will ultimately give you a harder time.

On the note of combat, there's many games that are easily broken with one or two moves but the point isn't necessarily to use those moves alone. I would also go so far as to say that using only Flowmotion is slower than using the actual good spells in the game like Balloon which took massive amounts of damage off of anything it came into contact with. Flowmotion did a good job of keeping you out of the damage zone longer but I'd hardly call it effective unless you needed to stay alive long enough for one of your Curaga slots to fill up or during a challenge where you can't get hit more than a certain number of times.

Flowmotion opened up many opportunities in DDD alone and for the future in the series and whether you use it or not is up to you but it's not always the move effective method, particularly in battle. Most bosses will laugh your attacks off if you try to Flowmotion them.

I understand your points. I'm just extremely angry at how you can just dash into a wall, jump off, dash back on, jump off higher, dash back on, jump up even higher, and endlessly continue that. 

It just ruined most of the experience of the game for me. 

I wasn't fond of Flowmotion in general, and I'd have been okay with it in just this game if it weren't for the exploit I just mentioned. I honestly think that Flowmotion should stay in DDD. Using cards was fun in CoM but it wouldn't have been fun if it stayed for multiple games.

Actually, I'd have liked it that you unlocked parts of Flowmotion one by one along the way.

Edited by Xievie

It was merely an option and it ruined the experience for you? It's your own fault for taking advantage of something you didn't care to use. You can get through a majority of the game never using it once. Mayhap you should try to do that next time you play it and explore the other options available. :lol:

It was merely an option and it ruined the experience for you? It's your own fault for taking advantage of something you didn't care to use. You can get through a majority of the game never using it once. Mayhap you should try to do that next time you play it and explore the other options available. :lol:

I don't know, something about me tells me to use "the most effective way possible" for ANYTHING in videogames, so I naturally kept using it. It's just a personal thing about me at least.

Even if it was an "option" I still think they should have put thought into it because it just feels like a broken exploit, making me feel and think less of the game compared the others. If there's an exploit like that, it feels like they rushed it- feels like it's less quality.

And to me, it felt less quality than the others.

I'm also personally sick of the whole command system ;~; I mean, it's not a problem with DDD, they've just had the commands too long and I want to go back to the way we played KH1 and KH2.

Edited by Xievie

I dunno if it's considered an exploit when it's actually how the game was designed to play. Not that I'm saying you can't like it. That'd just be hypocritical! There's plenty of games that are made a certain way by design that I don't like the way it was made. :lol:

And I like the command system when it has many and varied options to use. It's not as much fun when you have twenty variations of the same thing that you'll use throughout the game like in Coded.

I liked KHI's MP system but the spells were extremely boring. KHII fixed the spells but then used a less-than-awesome MP bar.

I wish they'd bring back Days' keyblades though, where they were varied and had different strengths and combos and you had options. Once BBS rolled around and every keyblade was just a slightly more powerful version of the last it got boring.

Edited by Discordian

I dunno if it's considered an exploit when it's actually how the game was designed to play. Not that I'm saying you can't like it. That'd just be hypocritical! There's plenty of games that are made a certain way by design that I don't like the way it was made. :lol:

I don't see how they could have designed it for us to play it by scaling a wall infinitely. I literally spend half of the gameplay flying up in the air, usually touching the highest point of the map, an invisible ceiling. I don't believe I slid on many rails.

Honestly, I didn't get to see most of how the floors of the worlds looked because I got so caught up in flying at the top of the map.

I also liked gliding. You couldn't glide in DDD. That made me very sad.

You know, the way they could have fixed my big problem is that they could have disabled dashing in the air after jumping off of a wall or if they added a fairly limit to how much you could use Flow motion until you had to touch the ground again.

If I could record me playing my 3DS, I'd definitely show you the brokenness of the whole infinite scaling thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvubL096e0

Had my cousin record this since he was the one I discovered it with and he currently has my game. 

Yeah, I really don't think it should be this way. You miss a lot of the game's content if you find this like I did.

I'm really excited for this game, it's the main reason why I'm getting a PS4 the future.

I've been a big fan of it since the first one, and played and conquered all of what the series has to offer.

I hope it's the besy in the series in terms of story, gameplay, worlds, and re playability.

So you're blaming the game's mechanics for your own lack of thoroughness? Flowmotion gives you freedom in the environment. That video shows that freedom. It isn't the game's fault if you get so caught up in using Flowmotion that you don't take the time to look at your surroundings. You say you missed a lot of things because of Flowmotion...Flowmotion itself doesn't prevent you from being thorough. You are the one that does that because you felt the need to Flowmotion your way to the tops of stages where you have no real reason to be and rush through the stages simply because you could. That's on you, not the game. The game gives you the option to use it, and you took it. Just like the game gives you the option not to use Flowmotion and actually explore your surroundings and find all the treasure chests and enemies, which you apparently did not choose to do. Flowmotion is not forced and the entire game can be beaten without it entirely.

Also, there is a limit to how much you can Flowmotion but it's easy to not hit that limit because of the airtime you can get from jumping then dashing from a wall. You can only do two actions after bouncing off of a wall or pole before you have to land or touch a wall/pole again.

Edited by Discordian

I've played the first two Kingdom Hearts games, and I love both of them to death. The battle system and storyline seemed to fit well within the universe. However, sadly, I won't be buying Kingdom Hearts 3. We finally have an official sequel, but since it won't be released on the Wii U or PC, I won't be able to experience it. Square Enix hasn't really been doing so well lately. I hope this game is good, or else that means we've waited all of these years to get an official sequel, only to realize it pales in comparison to the first two titles.