Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where's Derpy been in S4? Am I missing her?

Lighthope

I have only seen her once, in the crowd during part two of the premiere and she was not Derped out. After that, I have not noticed her either....which is pretty sad...I could of swore they said that she would receive the same love that she got in EQG, which would have been perfectly fine. Just in the background, Derped out. That is all I want anyways. It seems they aren't even doing that at the moment...Hopefully that changes..

She was in the crowd when Twilight did her fly-through and starburst, but I haven't seen her in the other episodes.

post-2257-0-19483500-1388303678_thumb.jpg

For that matter, the background ponies in most of these episodes have been really thin on the ground this season. Only the premiere and Flight to the Finish have had any significant crowd scenes at all.

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think people ought to worry so much about her being in the actual show that much. The fandom has gave her a lot of character development with many things they have made based on her character. It is nice to see her pop in on occasions in the actual show but I think that people should be as worried about it as they make it out to be.

• Brohoof 1

She was in the crowd when Twilight did her fly-through and starburst, but I haven't seen her in the other episodes.

attachicon.gifderpy.jpg

For that matter, the background ponies in most of these episodes have been really thin on the ground this season. Only the premiere and Flight to the Finish have had any significant crowd scenes at all.

That isn't derpy. The mane color is different. 

• Brohoof 1

The mane looks like a different colour because the ponies further back are shaded, the further back the darker the shading. Maybe you're right, and it isn't her, since the eyes aren't derped, and the cutie mark is not visible, but the mane style and colours still match, as far as I can see.

@@Kyoshi, @, Despite the same design, that pony isn't Derpy. It's a very obscure background pony named Orange Box.

Here's another image of her up close.

Orangebox.png

Besides the opening, I haven't seen Derpy, either. So far, she's been absent throughout, and pretty much the background pony activity altogether are missing in most of the episodes.

@@Kyoshi, @, Despite the same design, that pony isn't Derpy. It's a very obscure background pony named Orange Box.

img-2156536-1-Orangebox.png

Besides the opening, I haven't seen Derpy, either. So far, she's been absent throughout, and pretty much the background pony activity altogether are missing in most of the episodes.

Well, that's that. It wasn't a Derpy sighting after all.

I guess you were right about the mane colour.

img-2156536-1-Orangebox.png

Wait, isn't that a bubble cutie mark on her flank though? :muffins: Also, the name Orange Box isn't an official name.

Her mane color is off, sure, but the shading in that scene is pretty weird. Maybe its an error on part of the animators, perhaps? It looks kinda like Derpy dyed her mane a shade darker or something, lol.

It seems like the resemblance is just a bit too uncanny. Female pegasus with same yellow eyes, same mane style, same grey color, and even same cutie mark?

Then again....Perhaps the aniamtors are merely toying with us :( Or what if this is derpy #2?

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I'm positively sure Derpy might pull another season-ending appearance this season. I just have a gut feeling about it. lol

Since when has Derpy ended any season?

I remember hearing something about this on tumblr...I did a quick search for the post and this was the only source I could find...

http://guncatsforhire.tumblr.com/post/37816704168/rest-in-peace

I'll search some more, but I remember hearing about parent complaints and such.

If that were true than she wouldn't be in the opening though. As that is a scene. While not the main part of the show, it is a major appearance in EVERY episode.

But then again I'm losing respect for any source that spreads the "Love and tolerance" lie... They seem to easily tricked into things that aren't there.

Edited by GrimCW

Maybe next time someone from the show has a Twitter audience or something, some can just drop the question: "Where's Derpy been?"

Just so they know we're thinking about her.

Pearls of Wisdom - "I could make love for eight hours at a time.  What I didn't mention was that it included four hours of begging, dinner, and a movie." - Sting

There have been barely any background ponies in this season so far in general, you're not gonna be seeing Derpy and the rest of them when the Mane 6 are going on adventures together outside of Ponyville every episode, nor at Applejack's farm unless it's cider season. It seems Rarity's episode will take place in a city though, so we might see her and the others there in a crowd somewhere, at any rate we'll probably see at least a few. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Wait, isn't that a bubble cutie mark on her flank though? :muffins: Also, the name Orange Box isn't an official name.

Her mane color is off, sure, but the shading in that scene is pretty weird. Maybe its an error on part of the animators, perhaps? It looks kinda like Derpy dyed her mane a shade darker or something, lol.

It seems like the resemblance is just a bit too uncanny. Female pegasus with same yellow eyes, same mane style, same grey color, and even same cutie mark?

Then again....Perhaps the aniamtors are merely toying with us :( Or what if this is derpy #2?

Don't you think we're going a bit too much into depth here? It is a kids show after all, and making characters is hard so they quite often just change little things on one character and re-use them. I don't think that is derpy with dyed hair, cause I don't think anypony would trust her with those chemicals. 

Don't you think we're going a bit too much into depth here? It is a kids show after all, and making characters is hard so they quite often just change little things on one character and re-use them. I don't think that is derpy with dyed hair, cause I don't think anypony would trust her with those chemicals. 

I was kidding about the hair dye tho.

:Trots up to the thread. Pausing he thinks, then quickly retreats:

:stops:

Grrr...alright, I can do this!

:returns to the thread with look of determination:

The title is gonna drag up everything from the ITunes changes to her voice to the auto response from fans of "its only episode X of the season, be patient".

But honestly, It isn't so much the Character of Derpy Hooves I am missing, (she is really fun to play wheres waldo with) but instead the fans. Explain? You got it!

Derpy was really our first creation into the series, to be followed by elements such as Sweete Bot, human Lyra, and massive amounts of shipping pairs. Some have been acknowledged by the writers, and some not. And being the genesis of the "fan help" of show creation, Derpy being so...hmm...Ignored? Feels odd.

We are 1/3 of the way through season 4, with no sight of the wall-eye mare (save the intro). We have gotten a dozen shout outs to old episodes, and a very SOLID storyline to have a great season climax later. Heck we even got a soon to be TWilight Castle! (buy yours now! 29.99!) Great character development and lots of fun one liners...and spike hate...

But all of these things being said, it just feels, odd. Derpy isn't really a character, but more a nod to the fans at this point. I feel she is kinda a "thank you" to us. Maybe I am selfish, but I view it that way. For all the bad press she got at her birth, its only fueled the fanbase and really added a lot of depth to what could have been a write off cartoon just to make some money.

Ok-ok-ok, maybe I am blowing this out of proportion, and maybe its odd to view this character past a typical pony but someone who shows the olive branch from fan to writer.

Does anyone else view her this way? Or is she just a fan-pony with way to much art and fics?

• Brohoof 2