Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[hidden]

CadetGrey

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

I dunno, we've only really had two open endings so far, I really don't consider the comic book disappearing to be much of an open ending, as often magical objects tend to do that in fiction after their use is over with.  And it would be one thing if the open endings were each for a specific character episode, but Castle Mane-ia wasn't really about any one particular pony.  So while it works for Flutterbat, I don't think there's any real pattern yet.

Something to think about for sure, though.

• Brohoof 1

well we had 3 open endings.

the comic,

shadow pony,

and now flutter bat.

I think discord is the one behind most of this.

The bat infestation,

the hyper dangerous comic,

their all chaotic and destructive.

And hasbro seems to have a thing for going with the obvious choice.

I mean would discord use his magic to alter flutter shy and give her something like an infection she wouldn't be in control off?

Course he would.

The only one really worth thinking about is the shadowy figure at the end of "Castle Mane-ia". The other 2 are merely non-sequitors in my eyes until something comes of them.

Many a cartoon show has had an episode end on a similar, so there's no reason to think it

any different here.

Overanalyzing is NOT magic...

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 1

I still think these kinds of cliff hangers won't lead up to anything in the long run. The comic one was a quick explanation for where the magic book came from, The Pony of Shadows reminds me of a Jimmy Neutron episode where the town theme park turned out to be actually haunted (despite the fact that as far as I'm aware said theme park was barely opened a year or two prior) by a phantom that was never brought up again and Fluttershy still having bat fangs feels like a last second "The end...Or is it?" moment that, again, will never be made mention to ever again.   

The only one really worth thinking about is the shadowy figure at the end of "Castle Mane-ia". The other 2 are merely non-sequitors in my eyes until something comes of them.

Many a cartoon show has had an episode end on a similar, so there's no reason to think it any different here.

Um it could be the fact season 4 has been amazing for continuity.

I mean until aunt megan tells us their all just gags,

i'm expecting something.

Well the comic could simply be the comic returning to the shop, the spell on it signaling the story has been completed, after all, you wouldn't leave a book that could suck people into it like that just laying around.

Flutters still having teeth at the end is probably just for laughs, one of those "the end... or is it?" kinda jokes.

I'd only consider the shadow at the end of castlemania to actually have  any future significance at all.

• Brohoof 1

Well overall, this 4th season has been quite different so far, especailly with these endings. I think sometime the ends will be tied up by the end of the season though, I don't think they would leave us hanging without at least finding the keys, actually encountering the Pony of Shadows somehow, and fully curing Flutterbat or something, and whatever else they will probably come up with. :huh:

• The title was changed to [hidden]