Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were the Mane 5 bullying Fluttershy?

Scootadress

Personally, I wonder what's the purpose of this topic. In the end, they felt bad for it and Applejack apologized and this is the most important thing, in my opinion. We know these characters and we know that they would never hurt Fluttershy intentionally. I agree, sometimes a bully isn't aware of his actions but after all, they understood how their beahviour affected Fluttershy. And it doesn't change the fact, that she agreed to use The Stare. She wasn't happy, but she did it and it was her decision.

Probably the same reason why, whenever we see Rarity being generous, it always backfires and bucks her over for some reason.  :lol:  When she did it, she kind of did a Rarity in a way: She did so to help her friend...but..she gets highly screwed over in the end when she does. The only difference would be that Fluttershy continually shows her kindness. (If you saw the newest episode, you see what I mean. I wouldn't be as generous if I was always getting screwed over for being generous.) 

Its the same for when Rarity had made dresses but they didn't like them so she remade them but caused..her to be a laughing stock.

Fluttershy had been kind enough to be there to aid using her services and much more, but in turn, got turned into Flutterbat effectively worsening the situation.  

Besides, if Fluttershy wasn't bullied (or pressured to do the Stare) then what would they have done? Their whole plan was based on the premise that Fluttershy had done the stare even when they knew she wasn't comfortable in doing the stare in the first place. What could they possibly do? I was actually hoping the others would be just as sorry, considering that it was just as much their fault as AJ's.

Besides, if Fluttershy wasn't bullied (or pressured to do the Stare) then what would they have done? Their whole plan was based on the premise that Fluttershy had done the stare even when they knew she wasn't comfortable in doing the stare in the first place. What could they possibly do? I was actually hoping the others would be just as sorry, considering that it was just as much their fault as AJ's.

I think that she agreed to use The Stare, because she knew that if she don't do it, they will not let vampire fruit bats stay in the orchard and make them go somewhere else (though I'm not sure how and where exactly). And I have to agree, they were as much guilty as Applejack. Maybe even more, considering that it was her property and it was understandable why she reacted so sharply.

Edited by Anilewe

I think that she agreed to use The Stare, because she knew that if she don't do it, they will not let vampire fruit bats stay in the orchard and make them go somewhere else (though I'm not sure how and where exactly). And I have to agree, they were as much guilty as Applejack. Maybe even more, considering that it was her property and it was understandable why she reacted so sharply.

I think that's also the main reason why Fluttershy was scared. How would they transport them to a new location? Better yet, where would this new location be? I'm still kind of shocked no one questioned where the Parasprites went to after Pinkie Pie led them to the forest. It wasn't smart to consider a newer location where others might be screwed worse than she herself was considering there might not be an expert in the field they need. Other than that question, its also what they would eat. Other than apples, what do they eat? If Fluttershy was turning, why would she only find lust for apples when she would have felt it the rest of the day? Maybe they just eat apples and then what? 

If they remove them and 'relocate' somewhere else, then that other place might be screwed over because of the other farmer or her distant relatives. At least, if they did have a place near her farm, she'd monitor them so at least others won't be screwed in the process and they won't end up in the position the Apples would have been in. Plus, it wouldn't screw up nature.

Still, I can't help but wonder how screwed up the others might be already....I mean, parasprites that will eat your home? Nopony monitors it? I wonder if that's what Fluttershy wanted to monitor in the first place..

I don't have time to respond for everything, but...

I think that's also the main reason why Fluttershy was scared. How would they transport them to a new location? Better yet, where would this new location be? I'm still kind of shocked no one questioned where the Parasprites went to after Pinkie Pie led them to the forest. It wasn't smart to consider a newer location where others might be screwed worse than she herself was considering there might not be an expert in the field they need. Other than that question, its also what they would eat. Other than apples, what do they eat? If Fluttershy was turning, why would she only find lust for apples when she would have felt it the rest of the day? Maybe they just eat apples and then what? 

I think that vampire fruit bats don't eat only apples and Fluttershy's lust for them was caused by fact that there were only apples near her, when she turned into a vampire. But you asked a really good question about Parasprites and I don't know how to respond, because we never really get an answer. I really enjoyed Bats! but there's a lot of questions without answers and I feel disappointed, it seems like we never get them. 

I don't have time to respond for everything, but...

I think that vampire fruit bats don't eat only apples and Fluttershy's lust for them was caused by fact that there were only apples near her, when she turned into a vampire. But you asked a really good question about Parasprites and I don't know how to respond, because we never really get an answer. I really enjoyed Bats! but there's a lot of questions without answers and I feel disappointed, it seems like we never get them. 

I mean, it sounds like Fluttershy didn't turn just in that night, she must have had other urges in the morning that we never see, which is also a problem. We never see them eating other things other than apples. There are tomatos, cherries, etc, why just Apples? (Other than the fact there are so many more Apples)I love Bats, the song was catchy and everything. It was the conflict that was making me question. 

I'm curious whether or not the parasprites attacked other towns yet. Its possible they had attacked other towns and cities all because they released them. They multiple fast, so that makes it even worse. Maybe then Celestia would force Twilight into submission and not allow her to use magic. Seriously, everytime she uses magic (outside the premiers and season finales) she ends up messing with things. That is why you don't give Twilight magic god like powers. 

Unfortunately, this episode was kinda stupid.

Applejacks point of view is really the most convincing one, yet Flutters plan is explained to be the right one even though it doesn't make sense.

She says the bats will have enough food in the santuary, yet they eat apples at such a rate that its obvious that wouldn't work. And Flutters says they won't hurt the apple trees, yet we see them actually hurt the apple trees in the episode! And she says the bats spreading seeds would benefit the orchard, but that wouldn't work because its not wild harvesting apples a couple decades later because its an orchard, it takes years to grow trees that bear fruit.

How is it bullying Fluttershy when they are simply pointing out whats obvious to Fluttershy, when they were talking about Applejacks farm? They weren't telling Fluttershy what to do with Fluttershys property.