Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Mane Six were to be diagnosed by a human psychiatrist?

Azureth

Say each of the Mane Six were to see a human psychiatrist, what, if any, disorders do you think they would be diagnosed with, as well as possible medication?

For me I'd say:

Twilight: OCD, Anxiety. Probably given some anxiety meds for sure.

Rarity: Possibly OCD. Probably wouldn't need meds.

Applejack: I don't see her being diagnosed with anything, she doesn't really seem to have any issues that would be considered mental.

Rainbow Dash: Same with AJ. She is tough and arrogant, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Fluttershy: Definitely anxiety and possibly anti-social. I could see her being given some meds.

Pinkie Pie: DEFINITELY ADHD, OCD, possibly Asperger's. She'd probably be on quite a few meds.

(edited)

Twilight: OCD, medications needed.

Rarity:  Possibly OCD, medications not needed.

Applejack: N/A

Rainbow Dash: N/A

Fluttershy: Shyness and anxiety, it will solve itself.

Pinkie Pie: ADHD, medications needed.

But to be honest, I don't think that they have mental illnesses. Only by a psychiatrist's perspective, they would be the judge of that.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

None of the mane six have any form of mental illness whatsoever

Twilight has normal anxiety, not a crippling illness.

Rarity likes things neat and tidy, that is not OCD. Twilight also does not have OCD.

Fluttershy is shy. She does not have an anxiety disorder, nor is she exhibit anti-social behaviours linked to mental illnesses

Pinkie Pie is hyper active and spontaneous

If they did have mental illnesses, it would be an extremely depressing show

Oh really? Then what do you call this:

Oh really? Then what do you call this:

An isolated incident. :I Mentally healthy people are NOT exempt from breakdowns.

They have personality traits, NOT mental illnesses. These are the kinds of common misconceptions about mental health that make people trivialize other people's problems... D:

I don't think they should be medicated at all. We live in a medicated obessed culture that pervasivly over prescribes medication . While they do have some issues. Not all issues can or even should be medicated away. It is guessed that up to 60% of all prescribed medication is misdiagnosed or even any type of medication should be given in the first place. (NYTimes or Discover Mag. I'm not sure which had that.)

Besides, they wouldn't be THEM if they were mentally changed.

• Brohoof 1

I'd see a dead doctor :P

Seriously though, probably what everyone already said...although, they'd find something wrong with AJ and RD. AJ is a workaholic, so they'd probably monitor her for stress. They'd put RD in some therapy session, because they'd make up something wrong with her.

I'd see a dead doctor :P

Seriously though, probably what everyone already said...although, they'd find something wrong with AJ and RD. AJ is a workaholic, so they'd probably monitor her for stress. They'd put RD in some therapy session, because they'd make up something wrong with her.

They'd put RD in for depression and anxiety. Due to sleeping lots and getting scared of doing things she knows how to do. (see the olympic tryout episode and her first showing of the rainboom. I think. )

Twilight: Anxiety

Rarity: N/A

Applejack: N/A

Rainbow Dash: Extreme narcissism

Fluttershy: Social Anxiety Disorder

Pinkie Pie: Most likely recurrent depression or atypical bipolar, ADHD

Yeah, this seems about right. Although, in my expert amateur opinion :derp: , somehow Pinkie might fit into what I would call the "Undiagnosable" category.

I'd rather diagnose antagonists

Trixie: Narcisissm and Megalomania

Gilda: Lack of empathy and possessiveness

LD: Sociopathy

Discord: Megalomania and Sadism

Chrysalis: Psychopathy

Nightmare Moon: Megalomania and Psychopathy

Sombra: Sociopath

Sunset Shimmer: Megalomania

(edited)

Yeah, this seems about right. Although, in my expert amateur opinion :derp: , somehow Pinkie might fit into what I would call the "Undiagnosable" category.

I mostly just used my knowledge as a Psychology major, but yeah Pinkie is difficult, it's actually hard to say ADHD because it is possible with atypical bipolar her zaniness could just be her mania. I say atypical because instead of the depression and mania being in like waves:

----            ----   Mania/Pinkie Pie

-      -        -

-         -     -

-            ----             Depression/Pinkamena

It's more in spikes like:

-----------             ------------    Mania/Pinkie Pie

-               -         -

-                   -     -

-                        -                         Depression/Pinkamena

Edited by PsychedelicPony
  • Brohoof 1

@@PsychedelicPony, Yeah, she does have some of the traits of someone with Bipolar and likely Borderline for that matter. But... Let's face it, she would become a serious case study and get her own disorder named after her, assuming someone could figure her out ( I don't think the writers know what to do with her sometimes).

Twilight: OCD for sure, with hints of ASPD or sociopathy. She can be pretty uncaring and lacks empathy towards those around her. Sometimes it's gotten so bad that she's actively harmed other ponies for her own gain (see Lesson Zero). Also, have you noticed that she's usually the one who gets the least emotionally invested in whatever the group does?

Rarity: OCD again, but not much else. Perhaps a superiority complex, since she does tend to think of herself rather highly in comparison to others.

Pinkie Pie: Certainly not ADHD. Pinkie Pie may be hyperactive, but she has absolutely no trouble focusing or paying attention when something's going on. Rather, it's more likely she suffers from Bipolar Disorder. She's incredibly hyperactive during her "highs", but as we've all seen, she can slink into unbelievably deep depression at the drop of a hat.

Rainbow Dash: This is actually a bit more strong of a case for some form of ADHD. She doesn't like to sit still, she's always daydreaming, she's lazy and a bit easily distracted, but she still considers herself an overachiever, and has a very creative side.

Fluttershy: Depression and loads of anxiety. She constantly slinks away from social interaction and never gives herself any proper credit. She'll get completely hung up on everything she does wrong and devalue herself for it, then she'll use this as an excuse to never try said thing ever again. Psychologically, she's an utter mess. :(

Applejack: Mostly well-adjusted, but still suffers a milder form of anxiety. A good example of this was when she went nuts and tried to watch over Apple Bloom like a hawk. She cares too much, but that's hardly a major psychological issue.

Twilight Sparkle - She would be diagnosed with Dementia or what ever other mental illness losing your grip on reality would be like the moment Twilight mentions magic, princesses or anything like that.

Pinkie Pie - ADHD

Rarity - Normal nothing wrong with her.

Apple Jack - Same...normal

Same with RD and fluttershy would probably have some sort of slight anti social disorder like be diagnosed with autism or something like that.

Twilight - OCD;severe

Fluttershy - Autism, Anxiety

Rainbow Dash - ADD

Rarity - might have OCD too? idk

AJ - N/A

Pinkie - 

I mostly just used my knowledge as a Psychology major, but yeah Pinkie is difficult, it's actually hard to say ADHD because it is possible with atypical bipolar her zaniness could just be her mania. I say atypical because instead of the depression and mania being in like waves:

----            ----   Mania/Pinkie Pie

-      -        -

-         -     -

-            ----             Depression/Pinkamena

We all know that Twilight shows the obvious signs of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, FlutterShy suffers from Social Anxiety, PnkiePie exhibits signs of paranoia and ADD, RainbowDash is delusional, AppleJack is a workaholic, and Rarity is over dramatic.

That is how the show depicts them. It's just their character.

So to someone who knows nothing about the show, they would diagnose the main characters with the above conditions.

But to the fans, we know that it's just how they are.

Edited by Samurott77

• 9 years later...
On 2014-04-04 at 7:30 PM, Page.Turner said:

Rarity likes things neat and tidy, that is not OCD. Twilight also does not have OCD.

Fluttershy is shy. She does not have an anxiety disorder, nor is she exhibit anti-social behaviours linked to mental illnesses

Pinkie Pie is hyper active and spontaneous

If they did have mental illnesses, it would be an extremely depressing show

Rainbow dash might have adhd and autism 

Fidgets with or taps hands and feet, or squirms in seat
Leaves seat when remaining seated is expected
Example: leaves their place in the office or other workplace
setting, or in other situations that require remaining seated
Runs or climbs where it is inappropriate, or feels restless
(in adults, may be limited to feeling restless)
Unable to participate in leisure activities quietly
Acts as if “on the go" or “driven by a motor”
Example: is unable to be or uncomfortable being still for an
extended time, as in meetings or restaurants
Talks excessively
Blurts out an answer before a question has been fully asked
Examples: completes people’s sentences; cannot wait for next turn
in conversation
Has difficulty waiting his or her turn
Example: has trouble waiting in line
Interrupts or intrudes on others
Examples: butts into conversations, games, or activities; may start