Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Fluttershy really the tallest of the Mane Six?

FlutterIsBestAlicorn

So I look at a lot of height headcanons, and in 90% of them Fluttershy is depicted as the tallest or second tallest. I strongly disagree for many reasons.
(Btw, I don't know if this should go to Sugarcube Corner or Canon discussion. I'll put it in Sugarcube Corner for now because I think that's probably more likely, but maybe someone can correct me)

Let me make it clear, I am aware that height headcanons are also largely based on what someone prefers and personal taste, like one popular reason is people like to contrast her 'tall size' with a short Rainbow Dash (which I also hate), and there's no real argument against that. This is just for fun and to see what other people's opinions are on this. If you think she's tall not for a reason below (or for a reason below) that's fine.

Fluttershy_photoshoot_2_S1E20.thumb.webp.cb18881c5e2229380a8993fd2d6ba4f2.webp

Evidence towards Fluttershy being tall: "She was a model once and models are always tall so she must be super tall!"

My evidence against Fluttershy being tall: Models are not always tall. It's just the majority. Petite models are a thing, and are in high demand. Heck, maybe in Equestria short models are more popular. We don't know.

Screenshot2023-08-259_06_52AM.thumb.png.65511d5a9e05a62845347e0c784cdbd6.png

Evidence towards Fluttershy being tall: "She was super tall as a filly, so she must be tall as a mare."

My evidence against Fluttershy being tall: Just because you're tall as a kid doesn't mean you'll grow up to be tall. .

Fluttershy_Angry_2_S1E5.thumb.png.4f0fad0abcf4989de97435ddf74734df.png

Evidence towards Fluttershy being tall: "She's a year older than Pinkie Pie (Which appearently automatically makes her the oldest) so she must be the tallest!"

My evidence against Fluttershy being tall: Height does not equal age. I was the 2nd shortest kid in my classes, the only kid shorter than me being the only one older than me. Heck, some of my classmates were taller than the teacher.

But what do you think. Is Fluttershy tall and lanky, or is she short and petite (or maybe in the middle)

Edited by FlutterIsBestAlicorn
I wanted to add more and fix some mistakes.
  • Brohoof 2

Not taking a solid position, but most of the time the tall kids remain taller than their peers into adulthood.

It also fits the trope that tall female characters are shy to make up for how they stand out. Therefore the shy girl is assumed to be tall simply by association.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Is Fluttershy really the tallest of the Mane Six?

I personally can see her being one of the taller ones in the group because of preference & association but also the previously mentioned trope seems very fitting aswell, but I think it's totally fine if you don't see it that way. IMO the tallest is Twilight, (esp after becoming an alicorn) it's practically canon & noticeable. Nonetheless I'm still fond of shorter Twi headcanons so I appreciate a shorter Fluttershy too. ^.^