Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Who misses Toonami?

Raiko

I'm actually half surprised that site hasn't been taken down. Unless it's owned by the Toonami people and I didn't realize it the site feels like something big enough to get a Cease & Desist rather quickly.

Aw well. The networks are irrelevant, the shows they have is all that matters. I remember finding a lot of my first anime like Tenchi Muyo through Toonami. I also remember IGPX which was pretty amazing, if short.

Ah Toonami...

It's so nostalgic. Reminds me of being a kid. 

Back in the day when if my parents wanted to change the channel or turn the volume up, they'd tell my brother or me to do it.

The fuzz on the screen because that's what you got with coax

I kinda miss those days lol

(edited)

Well now no need to worry. This little site basically recreates all classic badass cartoons and animes from the Toonami days, complete with livestreaming chatroom, intermissions between them with the classic Toonami narrator and host, and even one or two nostalgic commercials thrown in every once in a while (I lol'd so hard when they showed an old Spyro commercial).

You may all thank me. Now if you excuse me they have quite the Saturday schedule (soon they'll be showing Megas XLR and Big O).

I'm actually half surprised that site hasn't been taken down. Unless it's owned by the Toonami people and I didn't realize it the site feels like something big enough to get a Cease & Desist rather quickly.

Aw well. The networks are irrelevant, the shows they have is all that matters. I remember finding a lot of my first anime like Tenchi Muyo through Toonami. I also remember IGPX which was pretty amazing, if short.

You do know that Saturday nights on CN they actually do have an official Toonami block anyways with IGPX...right?

Edited by Raiko

Toonami=All my childhood

i really miss it :(

i really miss to watch there shows like Megas XLR(my childhood basically)Samurai Jack,and others :(

Toonami is still around, right? Didn't they bring it back? Then again, I'm assuming we're talking about the old Toonami here. I do miss it, I'll admit. I'll have to check out the link.

Technically yes but I don't count it, they basically took the Saturday night anime lineup they had and started calling it Toonami. It is a start I guess but not exactly the same thing, taking off Toonami in the first place is the dumbest thing Cartoon Network has ever done and they done a lot of stupid things in recent years.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/schedule

Well here's a schedule to that one site..It's back up and working again.

Anyways, yeah, Toonami is pretty much why anime is even popular in America. It got a lot of us into it and pretty much affected us for the rest of our lives. I for one know I never forgot the amazing badasses we grew up with. Gene Starwind, Vash the Stampede, Roger Smith, Goku, Spike.

If it weren't for them, I might never have grown up into the awesome ass-kicking bastard that I am today lol.

Edited by Raiko

O.O I didnt even know this site existed! Woo! I know what Im doing today.

Yeah it's pretty damn amazing. They even have a PST function which allows you to basically back up 3 hours with the stream and see what was going on then. It's handy if you came in late for the party.

(edited)

Sweet! When my friends wake up ill tell em about it, they Were huge fans back in the day as well.

Anyways, fun fact, apparently they're rebooting Sailor Moon.

Edited by Raiko

(edited)

Haha that wouldnt surprise me. Oh, I loved that show, thats awesome!

I don't know about the whole Sailor Moon thing. I mean the show was pretty damn terrible. It's funny to watch and laugh at but that's about it.

Edited by Raiko

To some it May be terrible..but Im also an odd individual who will watch the worst movies and such made and really like them. One of those would be The ABC's of Death, well according to my friends who never want to see that movie again XD.

Toonami was my baby teeth into anime

as a kid and I would run home or bike to

catch like DBZ and R.Kenshin and such

and a lot of us 90's kids also found the

love of anime and all before it went

like main stream.   Personal wise,  I

do like the Saturday block  due to

it gives me a good feeling of seeing Tom

again and anime just a touch more grown up

with out the editing...