Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Hasbro going to do with all of these Arcs?

Geek0zoid

I'm sure most of you have noticed by now, but Season 4 has been throwing story arc after story arc at us. First we have this box with the six keys. That's obviously a huge focus this season. But, ever since, we've got story arcs like the shadow pony for episode 3, the Equestrian games from episode 5, Fluttershy's vampire fang at the end of episode 7, the rainbow spool of thread at the end of episode 8, and the uncomformation of Pinkie Pie and the Apple family in episode 9! These story arcs keep coming, and they don't show signs of stopping.

My thoughts? I feel that all of these story arcs will lead up to something bigger and much more important at the end of the season. Maybe they'll all lead to helping the Mane Six find the keys for the box. Who really knows? I guess only time will tell for that :P

But I want to know what you guys make of this? Why is Hasbro throwing these story arcs at us? Do you think they'll have any importance later on? If so, what importance?

• Brohoof 4

Season 4's harmony box will be resolved at season's end to start. We already know that the Equestrian Games story will continue along later this season...

Please see the Synopsis for "Rainbow Falls"

As for the Vampire fang, the ending of that episode is very indicative of a horror-type episode. Gives suspense just for the sake of giving it. Finally, the lack of confirmation of Pinkie Pie's relations may just be something that they want everyone in the fandom to be left hanging on. So yeah. Half of those things you said... I don't think they're overarching plot devices.

• Brohoof 2

I would love it if they all tie in somehow but I hope they don't throw them all into a rushed final episode... Kids follow stories as well as just individual plot lines... So the excuse of "kids won't get it..." Is not true

Here's hoping for a great tie up of these threads

• Brohoof 1

I think the only arc that will have any importance later on in the season would have to be, the Harmony box arc. Hasbro has the tendency to have plot devices that you think will have an arc centered around it, but then you realize that the writers are just trolling you to cause suspense to keep the audience guessing. Think of it as plot devices that serve no purpose at all than to get a reaction.

• Brohoof 1

The shadow pony at the end of Castle Mane-ia was just a gag. Josh Haber said it himself in an interview. As for everything else I don't think its leading up to something big. The rainbow spool of thread was probably Rarity's key, so that has to do with the box, and the Equestria Games is its own story arc as well. The unconfirmation of the Apple and Pie family being related isn't a story arc, because why would they make a story arc out of that? How could they, anyway? They're probably going to leave that unanswered just like they've left other things unanswered in the past. Fluttershy's fang was probably just a gag like the shadow pony, as I also doubt they'll ever bring it up again. I suppose the possiblity is there, but its very unlikely. Just because there have been cliffhangers at the end of almost each episode doesn't mean anything. None of that is related, and yeah they could find a way to make it related, but honestly I do think you're reading too much into this. A lot of other people are speculating the same thing, but I just don't see how this all leads up to something. The only story arcs this season are the box, and the Equestrian Games. It is a cartoon after all, and even for MLP, you can't expect it to get too complex.

• Brohoof 3

Well most likely the box is going to be used at the end of the season to stop some evil thing.

The Shadow Pony at the end could have been the villain of the season, but to what I heard was just a joke. So nothing.

Fluttershy having the fangs at the end of the episode, is most likely another joke. So they won't talk about it ever again.

The Spool of thread at the end of the episode, is just a spool of thread. Nothing more then that. Might be a hint to her key, but I'm not going to put my hopes in that.

The EG is going to most likely also going to be talked about at the end of the season or something in the middle.

I'm not going to put any faith at the end of any of the episodes. From that one about the shadow Pony it's just going to be more and more jokes.

• Brohoof 1