Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Do You Wanna See the Moonrise?" ('Do You Wanna Build a Snowman' cover)

Quilled Inc

After a few hours of lyric writing, video/audio editing, and multiple recordings and re-recordings with my sister, here is the finished work!  This is a song that I loved from the film Frozen, by Disney, and I just had to do a cover of it.  My sister fortunately has a beautiful singing voice that I think compliments my lyrics quite well (or potentially vice versa)!!   ^_^ I hope that you all enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/silverquill-1/do-you-wanna-see-the-moonrise

And here are the lyrics, if anypony is interested:

Do You Wanna See the Moon Rise?

*knock*knock*knock*

“Tia?”

Do you wanna see the moon rise?

Watch the ending of the day?

I have been working oh, so very hard,

To move the stars,

Into a beautiful array!

I’ve just been kind of lonely,

These past few years

And nopony seems to care!

Then we could hang out ‘til the sunrise!

“Not tonight, Luna.”

Okay, fine…

I want to show you, come with me!

Orion’s stars are out and shining bright

It’s such a gorgeous night,Oh won’t you come and see?

The truth is no one seems to notice

All the things I do

I feel like I’m going mad!

“Oh, Luna…”

Sister please forgive me

Why did it have to end like this?

If only I had just been there for you

Just like I ought have to...

I was remiss

So distracted by my duties,

Now I’m all alone

I just don’t know what to do!

Do you want to see the moon rise?

I hope that everypony enjoys!
Edited by SilverQuill
  • Brohoof 9

It sounded really lovely to me. I really adored that song from the movie, and your sister has a lovely voice. Nice complementing lyrics as well. My favorite part about the song has to be the Celestia/Luna voices in the background...it really added to the song, if you ask me. Do you plan on ponifying any other songs from Frozen

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, thank you all so much!!!!

P.S.  If you guys could submit the vid to Equestria Daily, it would not only make my day, but it would do so much for my sister's self-esteem!  She wants to sing professionally, and it would mean a lot to her!  (Submit@equestriadaily.com)

Do you plan on ponifying any other songs from Frozen

I just asked my sister and she's all for it!  Really depends on what kind of lyrics I can think up, though! ^_^

Edited by SilverQuill
  • Brohoof 1

You... have a sister. How interesting.

Anyways, great job with the song! Yet more of a inspiration to go and hunt down the movie. Hmm...

And do me a favor and complement your sister on her voice for me. Or point me to her MLPForums account so that I can complement her myself.

• Brohoof 1

You... have a sister. How interesting.

Anyways, great job with the song! Yet more of a inspiration to go and hunt down the movie. Hmm...

And do me a favor and complement your sister on her voice for me. Or point me to her MLPForums account so that I can complement her myself.

Will do!  Unfortunately she isn't into the online community much, so she doesn't have a profile on here (even though I have tried to persuade her to make one :P )

Thank you all for your kind compliments!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It came out really nice!

Well done you two :)

also, grats for EQD! :D

Thank you so much!!!  We owe it to everypony who helped us out by submitting it to EqD!

Now to work on our next cover ^_^

So now I have a question for everypony!

What should Izzy and I re-write/cover next?  I have some ideas for other songs from Frozen, however musicals are our speciality, so are there any songs that you guys would love to see pony-ified?

Edited by SilverQuill

Why thank you kindly!  Izzy and I are already working on our next cover, so keep an eye out!   ;)

You're welcome!

I'm literally listening to this again before I go to school. :P

I really like this. .3.

Edited by PrincessOfTehWubs;3
  • Brohoof 1

Oh... my... god...

That was amazing. Seriously. And it is not just because of my love for Luna, but oh my god...

• Brohoof 1

Thank you so much!!!  We owe it to everypony who helped us out by submitting it to EqD!

Now to work on our next cover ^_^

So now I have a question for everypony!

What should Izzy and I re-write/cover next?  I have some ideas for other songs from Frozen, however musicals are our speciality, so are there any songs that you guys would love to see pony-ified?

A lot of the Frozen songs have been covered by brony musicians, except for this one (hats off). You might wanna go through the disney song selection and ponify something older (Jungle Book's I Wanna Be Just Like You" could be a great Lyra song about humans for example). Maybe do the Muppet's Rainbow Connection about Rainbow Dash and how all the mane 6 have a connection through the sonic rainboom and getting their cutie marks. Or do a ponified version of a track from a musical like Wicked. After all one of both of the actresses did that musical before they got involved with Frozen.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

A lot of the Frozen songs have been covered by brony musicians, except for this one (hats off). You might wanna go through the disney song selection and ponify something older (Jungle Book's I Wanna Be Just Like You" could be a great Lyra song about humans for example). Maybe do the Muppet's Rainbow Connection about Rainbow Dash and how all the mane 6 have a connection through the sonic rainboom and getting their cutie marks. Or do a ponified version of a track from a musical like Wicked. After all one of both of the actresses did that musical before they got involved with Frozen.

I was actually thinking of the song "For Good" from Wicked, three guesses as to whom it would be about ;)

• 1 year later...