Let's talk about romance. :)

WhiteGuardian

i adore romance!! something about it makes my heart feel all warm :D i always hope i can have a super-corny cutie relationship with a boy who loves me more than anythinc else ;w; i love reading romances (my favourite book is the Greay Gatsby ^^) and watching romantic movies like Titanic and stuff like that :) romance has never been a topic that makes me uncomfortable, in fact i love talking about it! :D

• Brohoof 2

I have had so far bad run ins with romance, but I am very confident that one day he will come along! I had a few guys on here ask me if I wanted to be there girlfriend...to be honest, I would, but sadly i'm not into internet relationships. Although I do have crushes, i'm a nervous wreck. >_<

• Brohoof 1

I had a few guys on here ask me if I wanted to be there girlfriend...to be honest, I would, but sadly i'm not into internet relationships. Although I do have crushes, i'm a nervous wreck. >_<

I can understand why you do not want to pursue a long distance relationship. It is extremely difficult and it requires an almost unrealistic amount of faith, loyalty, honestly, communication, and most of all patience. The worst part is, you don't even know whether or not your relationship can make it to becoming a reality. The future is full of so much mystery and life by its very own nature is insanely unpredictable. When I first developed feelings for Pink Mist, my mind was telling that it was a hopeless cause. The odds of failing greatly outnumber the odds of success. By my heart kept telling me the exact opposite and eventually I listened to my heart and went for it.  :)

I wish you luck in your romantic endeavors you wish to pursue in the future. Ultimately what it comes down to is listening to your heart. If your feelings for a gentleman are genuine and you truly want to love him with all of your heart, I'd say go for it. Especially if the potential guy is already a really close friend of yours. 

You're a great person Nature of Fluttershy! Stay strong and hopeful. :squee:

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I haven't had any real love life since about a year or two ago when I had to move away from Canada, and consequentially my girlfriend, but I do think love is important for mental and spiritual development.I think that romance relies on communication  and spending time with each other on a daily basis.I really do not like how the media(with exceptions) portrays romance as it usually isn't exactly moral.What I find romantic is simple but kind gestures between partners nature walks (can you tell which pony I am most like yet?)and simply having time to be together.Well that's all the feels for today see you later.

• Brohoof 2

can you tell which pony I am most like yet?

Fluttershy. :squee: That pony can be considered to be the very quintessence of Romanticism. Her deep connection with nature and the beauty of wildlife is tantamount to the philosophies the early romanticists had during the Romantic era in the early to mid 1800s. 

Also, I am deeply sorry that you had to go through such a rough ordeal. :(  

• Brohoof 1

Even though I haven't had any real experience with the concept until I met my wonderful girlfriend here on the forums, I would say that regardless, I have always been well versed on the subject of romance. Enough to where, despite the fact that I was single at the time, I have given many single friends of mine (as well as those who are already in relationships) great advice, as they would often tell me. Ever since I was young I have always had somewhat of a romantic heart. Unfortunately, I used to sought for it quixotically and as a result, I had been spurned numerous times by many who I thought would be the one for me. My life has always been driven by passion, adventure, and a heart longing to seek the one who would grant me eternal fulfillment. I sought for the admiration of female friends whose body languages and authenticity of speech were wrongfully read by my lacking human perception. As a result, I had been rebuffed numerous more times and lost many close friends of mine. My social life was falling apart. I was confused. I didn't understand. I even thought that my place in the reality of romance was not welcomed. So I abandoned my romantic endeavors altogether for almost two years.

In the interim, I have read many books, articles, and done much research in romanticism and poetry. Despite lacking any hope of finding my significant other, I have become quite inspired in a sense to pursue other romantic dreams of mine. Adventure was one of those aspects. I've researched and learned a lot about the practice of mountaineering and thus, I have become immensely fond of mountains; their summits: the farthest and highest I could ever reach before the very empyrean above. I've read the written works of John Muir and various other adventurers of that particular sort. I have done many hikes around that time as well, relishing the sublime scenery that was all around. My love for the winter season grew immensely and my experience in being in the midst of snow and ice was breathtaking. Oh what I wouldn't give to reach the summit of Earth's highest heavens! My love for nature and the mountainous peaks was my way of expressing my romantic passions. 

“Long, blue, spiky-edged shadows crept out across the snow-fields, while a rosy glow, at first scarce discernible, gradually deepened and suffused every mountain-top, flushing the glaciers and the harsh crags above them. This was the alpenglow, to me the most impressive of all the terrestrial manifestations of God. At the touch of this divine light, the mountains seemed to kindle to a rapt, religious consciousness, and stood hushed like devout worshippers waiting to be blessed.” ~John Muir, The Wild Muir: Twenty-Two of John Muir's Greatest Adventures

However, a romantic soul in solitude could only go so long without being affected by the overwhelming loneliness. I could have the greatest adventure that would make even Alexander The Great's endeavors seem nil. I could participate in the greatest war that would make WWII appear like little raucous. But no matter what, I could not by any means free myself of my innate human desire for a companion. I have always wanted someone I could share my adventurous passions with, someone to fight for, someone to love. No matter how hard I tried, I could never rid myself of this longing. Curse the beauty and divinity of love! Its very essence doesn't make any sense. I began asking myself numerous questions. Why do I feel lonely? We as humans only need an adequate supply of air, food, water, shelter to survive; why do I desire love like it is a life necessity? Why is it the most beautiful thing to ever have existed in the entirety of the existence of the universe? All these questions, questions that have left the greatest philosophical minds in history debating and pondering for many centuries. I knew I couldn't accept a life of loneliness. This beautiful gift from the heavens above, just the very thought of it, was not something I could ignore forever.

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." ~Erich Fromm

"There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.  It is God's finger on man's shoulder." ~Charles Morgan

"Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end." ~Author Unknown

My desperation was finally at a low at this point, but from that point on I was well aware of the fact that I was not meant to be single. I remained content through each passing day, week, and month but I've always kept my romantic dreams in mind. Someday love will find me I thought. Someway. Somehow. Sure, I did feel lonely through my early years in high school; I was very shy and introverted. But those lonely thoughts were decently suppressed as I began to fully immerse myself into my school's academic paradigm. I typically got good grades which was great for me academically. My mind was ultimately set on a successful future, "the big picture." I was shooting for the stars. If love were to find me along the way then so be it! If not, that's fine too. I was no longer discontented by the possibility; I knew there would be hope for me eventually. Unfortunately in the midst of my academic endeavors, despite the hopeful assurances I'd given myself, my own well-being was in a state of disarray socially, mentally, and emotionally. Depression and cynicism became mundane. I was still the overachiever in the majority of my classes, but deep down inside I was empty. My outstanding academics were the only things keeping me going. I was still alone and I felt that that was not going to change anytime soon.

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong

That all changed over the following summer...

What started off as my loneliest summer ever, became the most unforgettable summer of my life. To start off, my love for MLP:FIM rekindled after some free time spent browsing around on the interweb. I was an avid fan of the show prior to this, having already seen all the episodes of both the first and second season. I fell in love with the show on the summer prior to this one (that was also when I first joined the forums here) and unfortunately the pressure of going to back to my school regime and other various work forced to take a year-long hiatus from the fandom entirely. After rediscovering the wonderful show, and eventually, this site, I had become reacquainted with the community here quite fast and for the first time in my life, I felt accepted and loved. My sociable nature had significantly improved during my hiatus and as a result I befriended many wonderful members here.The forums here became a form of quasi-escapism for me. I suppose you can also say that I was able to further embrace my romanticist side in the midst of this. The show as a whole is full of numerous qualities that seem to embrace the wonder and beauty of nature, as well as imagination. The Elements of Harmony, the mystery of Princess Luna, the Everfree Forest, and the harmonious equilibrium of the atmosphere of Equestria, altogether inspired me romantically.

With my interest in the show and the fandom slowly but surely returning, my depression thankfully subsided. I was feeling great optimism and the ponies in the show became my ultimate sources of happiness. This site, my friends, the show all helped me get through the majority of my everyday problems and distress. For the first time in my life, I witnessed harmony at its most refined. This fandom brought me complete bliss.And just when I thought my life couldn't get anymore happier... I eventually encountered the surprise of a lifetime.

After a couple months of enjoying and getting accustomed to this wonderful medium, I met my soon-to-be girlfriend here, Pink Mist, a pegasister that had only been a member of the site for a couple months at the time. It all started with a status update in which she said that she was in the mood for chatting. She seemed like the eccentric type and I thought it would be nice to befriend someone like her, and thus I sent her a simple "hello" message. The first message of thousands. It started off as nothing more than simple small talk. Our conversations were very casual but nonetheless I felt happy just to have made a new friend. Three months passed and our friendship was becoming something truly genuine. We shared our life stories, philosophies, ideas, and some of our deepest thoughts. At that point, she had become my greatest friend and I too had become a closest of hers. I trusted her with all my life and her trust in me was just as grand. After all the hardships and ever-changing times we had gone through, our bond eventually became stronger than the purest diamonds, enough to withstand all the stormy tides of our lives. Our emotional bond was able to survive even whilst enduring a month-long separation. Our friendship was able to triumph over it all. Eventually, to my utmost surprise, I had developed romantic feelings for her. The level of trust, honesty, care, and compatibility we shared was too perfect and she possessed many great qualities that I had always dreamed of witnessing in my idealistic girlfriend. Compassion, kindness, humor, and she had also had a bubbly personality similar to my (our) favorite pony, Pinkie Pie. My mind was telling me just how ridiculous it was to be feeling this way. She's three years younger than you! She lives over 2,000 miles away! It cannot and never will happen! But deep down inside, my heart was telling me the exact opposite. Was my heart overestimating the potential of our love? At the time, I knew or at least had a good feeling she felt the same way, but whether or not I should pursue it was the conflicting issue at hand. My trepidation was at an utmost high and I was nervous beyond belief, but on the night of September 13th, 2013 I asked her if she would want to be my special somepony. Despite the insane odds my mind knew were against me, my heart felt at peace afterward; this feeling of peace and tranquility was enough to give me the reassurance that I had made the right choice - screw logic for all I cared, I was in love. She was offline at that point so I had to wait till the next day to see her response. When I got back from school, I was experience a seemingly heavenly euphoria to see that her answer was an ecstatic YES!  :D

We have had a beautiful relationship ever since and this coming Thursday just so happens to be our fifth month anniversary. We have been through so much together and I love and care for her like no other. I truly wish for us to last for the years to come. Expressing my love for her by text alone, while they are sincerely the truthful expressions of my love for her nonvocally, can only do so much to satisfy us. We have had the opportunity to call via Skype one time, and sweet Celestia it was a fortunate opportunity for us. Hearing each other voices and actually speaking to each for the first time ever made the moment all the more magical. It was an unforgettable night. We should be able to call each again soon hopefully. We are not exactly sure when to be exact, but we know the opportunity will come and when it does, it may sadly be our last call for a really long time. Nevertheless we will make the most out of it. I have promised her numerous times that I will never leave her for another and she has promised me the same. We plan on remaining loyal to each other until the end. We pray and pray and pray with all our hearts that our destinies may eventually cross in the near future. She means the world to me and she is my beautiful pink angel. I love her with all my heart. She has made my whole life better by a thousandfold. I really hope for us to have a bright and promising future together. :)

What I wouldn't give to smother her with hugs and kisses in real life. :) Someway, somehow, that day may come.

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss

For you see, each day I love you more

Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

~Rosemonde Gerard

Damn Poetry! I wish i was as lucky as you to have met Pink Mist. :D

• Brohoof 2

*Edited*

Even though I haven't had any real experience with the concept until I met my wonderful girlfriend here on the forums, I would say that regardless, I have always been well versed on the subject of romance. Enough to where, despite the fact that I was single at the time, I have given many single friends of mine (as well as those who are already in relationships) great advice, as they would often tell me. Ever since I was young I have always had somewhat of a romantic heart. Unfortunately, I used to sought for it quixotically and as a result, I had been spurned numerous times by many who I thought would be the one for me. My life has always been driven by passion, adventure, and a heart longing to seek the one who would grant me eternal fulfillment. I sought for the admiration of female friends whose body languages and authenticity of speech were wrongfully read by my lacking human perception. As a result, I had been rebuffed numerous more times and lost many close friends of mine. My social life was falling apart. I was confused. I didn't understand. I even thought that my place in the reality of romance was not welcomed. So I abandoned my romantic endeavors altogether for almost two years.

In the interim, I have read many books, articles, and done much research in romanticism and poetry. Despite lacking any hope of finding my significant other, I have become quite inspired in a sense to pursue other romantic dreams of mine. Adventure was one of those aspects. I've researched and learned a lot about the practice of mountaineering and thus, I have become immensely fond of mountains; their summits: the farthest and highest I could ever reach before the very empyrean above. I've read the written works of John Muir and various other adventurers of that particular sort. I have done many hikes around that time as well, relishing the sublime scenery that was all around. My love for the winter season grew immensely and my experience in being in the midst of snow and ice was breathtaking. Oh what I wouldn't give to reach the summit of Earth's highest heavens! My love for nature and the mountainous peaks was my way of expressing my romantic passions. 

“Long, blue, spiky-edged shadows crept out across the snow-fields, while a rosy glow, at first scarce discernible, gradually deepened and suffused every mountain-top, flushing the glaciers and the harsh crags above them. This was the alpenglow, to me the most impressive of all the terrestrial manifestations of God. At the touch of this divine light, the mountains seemed to kindle to a rapt, religious consciousness, and stood hushed like devout worshippers waiting to be blessed.” ~John Muir, The Wild Muir: Twenty-Two of John Muir's Greatest Adventures

However, a romantic soul in solitude could only go so long without being affected by the overwhelming loneliness. I could have the greatest adventure that would make even Alexander The Great's endeavors seem nil. I could participate in the greatest war that would make WWII appear like little raucous. But no matter what, I could not by any means free myself of my innate human desire for a companion. I have always wanted someone I could share my adventurous passions with, someone to fight for, someone to love. No matter how hard I tried, I could never rid myself of this longing. Curse the beauty and divinity of love! Its very essence doesn't make any sense. I began asking myself numerous questions. Why do I feel lonely? We as humans only need an adequate supply of air, food, water, shelter to survive; why do I desire love like it is a life necessity? Why is it the most beautiful thing to ever have existed in the entirety of the existence of the universe? All these questions, questions that have left the greatest philosophical minds in history debating and pondering for many centuries. I knew I couldn't accept a life of loneliness. This beautiful gift from the heavens above, just the very thought of it, was not something I could ignore forever.

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." ~Erich Fromm

"There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.  It is God's finger on man's shoulder." ~Charles Morgan

"Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end." ~Author Unknown

My desperation was finally at a low at this point, but from that point on I was well aware of the fact that I was not meant to be single. I remained content through each passing day, week, and month but I've always kept my romantic dreams in mind. Someday love will find me I thought. Someway. Somehow. Sure, I did feel lonely through my early years in high school; I was very shy and introverted. But those lonely thoughts were decently suppressed as I began to fully immerse myself into my school's academic paradigm. I typically got good grades which was great for me academically. My mind was ultimately set on a successful future, "the big picture." I was shooting for the stars. If love were to find me along the way then so be it! If not, that's fine too. I was no longer discontented by the possibility; I knew there would be hope for me eventually. Unfortunately in the midst of my academic endeavors, despite the hopeful assurances I'd given myself, my own well-being was in a state of disarray socially, mentally, and emotionally. Depression and cynicism became mundane. I was still the overachiever in the majority of my classes, but deep down inside I was empty. My outstanding academics were the only things keeping me going. I was still alone and I felt that that was not going to change anytime soon.

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong

That all changed over the following summer...

What started off as my loneliest summer ever, became the most unforgettable summer of my life. To start off, my love for MLP:FIM rekindled after some free time spent browsing around on the interweb. I was an avid fan of the show prior to this, having already seen all the episodes of both the first and second season. I fell in love with the show on the summer prior to this one (that was also when I first joined the forums here) and unfortunately the pressure of going to back to my school regime and other various work forced to take a year-long hiatus from the fandom entirely. After rediscovering the wonderful show, and eventually, this site, I had become reacquainted with the community here quite fast and for the first time in my life, I felt accepted and loved. My sociable nature had significantly improved during my hiatus and as a result I befriended many wonderful members here.The forums here became a form of quasi-escapism for me. I suppose you can also say that I was able to further embrace my romanticist side in the midst of this. The show as a whole is full of numerous qualities that seem to embrace the wonder and beauty of nature, as well as imagination. The Elements of Harmony, the mystery of Princess Luna, the Everfree Forest, and the harmonious equilibrium of the atmosphere of Equestria, altogether inspired me romantically.

With my interest in the show and the fandom slowly but surely returning, my depression thankfully subsided. I was feeling great optimism and the ponies in the show became my ultimate sources of happiness. This site, my friends, the show all helped me get through the majority of my everyday problems and distress. For the first time in my life, I witnessed harmony at its most refined. This fandom brought me complete bliss.And just when I thought my life couldn't get anymore happier... I eventually encountered the surprise of a lifetime.

After a couple months of enjoying and getting accustomed to this wonderful medium, I met my soon-to-be girlfriend here, Pink Mist, a pegasister that had only been a member of the site for a couple months at the time. It all started with a status update in which she said that she was in the mood for chatting. She seemed like the eccentric type and I thought it would be nice to befriend someone like her, and thus I sent her a simple "hello" message. The first message of thousands. It started off as nothing more than simple small talk. Our conversations were very casual but nonetheless I felt happy just to have made a new friend. Three months passed and our friendship was becoming something truly genuine. We shared our life stories, philosophies, ideas, and some of our deepest thoughts. At that point, she had become my greatest friend and I too had become a closest of hers. I trusted her with all my life and her trust in me was just as grand. After all the hardships and ever-changing times we had gone through, our bond eventually became stronger than the purest diamonds, enough to withstand all the stormy tides of our lives. Our emotional bond was able to survive even whilst enduring a month-long separation. Our friendship was able to triumph over it all. Eventually, to my utmost surprise, I had developed romantic feelings for her. The level of trust, honesty, care, and compatibility we shared was too perfect and she possessed many great qualities that I had always dreamed of witnessing in my idealistic girlfriend. Compassion, kindness, humor, and she had also had a bubbly personality similar to my (our) favorite pony, Pinkie Pie. My mind was telling me just how ridiculous it was to be feeling this way. She's three years younger than you! She lives over 2,000 miles away! It cannot and never will happen! But deep down inside, my heart was telling me the exact opposite. Was my heart overestimating the potential of our love? At the time, I knew or at least had a good feeling she felt the same way, but whether or not I should pursue it was the conflicting issue at hand. My trepidation was at an utmost high and I was nervous beyond belief, but on the night of September 13th, 2013 I asked her if she would want to be my special somepony. Despite the insane odds my mind knew were against me, my heart felt at peace afterward; this feeling of peace and tranquility was enough to give me the reassurance that I had made the right choice - screw logic for all I cared, I was in love. She was offline at that point so I had to wait till the next day to see her response. When I got back from school, I was experience a seemingly heavenly euphoria to see that her answer was an ecstatic YES!  :D

We have had a beautiful relationship ever since and this coming Thursday just so happens to be our fifth month anniversary. We have been through so much together and I love and care for her like no other. I truly wish for us to last for the years to come. Expressing my love for her by text alone, while they are sincerely the truthful expressions of my love for her nonvocally, can only do so much to satisfy us. We have had the opportunity to call via Skype one time, and sweet Celestia it was a fortunate opportunity for us. Hearing each other voices and actually speaking to each for the first time ever made the moment all the more magical. It was an unforgettable night. We should be able to call each again soon hopefully. We are not exactly sure when to be exact, but we know the opportunity will come and when it does, it may sadly be our last call for a really long time. Nevertheless we will make the most out of it. I have promised her numerous times that I will never leave her for another and she has promised me the same. We plan on remaining loyal to each other until the end. We pray and pray and pray with all our hearts that our destinies may eventually cross in the near future. She means the world to me and she is my beautiful pink angel. I love her with all my heart. She has made my whole life better by a thousandfold. I really hope for us to have a bright and promising future together. :)

What I wouldn't give to smother her with hugs and kisses in real life. :) Someway, somehow, that day may come.

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss

For you see, each day I love you more

Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

~Rosemonde Gerard

This edited version, it made me shed a tear. You added so much more about your relationship and the fears and doubts you had about it working out. Then you added the part about our Skype call. Sweetheart, this is just amazing. I love the quotes you put in there too and they're all so true. I can tell you put all your love into this. Wow, first your Valentine's gift for me, then I get to read this. I was having some troubling thoughts this afternoon, but reading this has put all those thoughts to rest. I love you Sanderspie, I really do, nothing will ever change this strong love I feel for you :D Thank you for this, just another thing to make my day better ;)

• Brohoof 4

This edited version, it made me shed a tear. You added so much more about your relationship and the fears and doubts you had about it working out. Then you added the part about our Skype call. Sweetheart, this is just amazing. I love the quotes you put in there too and they're all so true. I can tell you put all your love into this. Wow, first your Valentine's gift for me, then I get to read this. I was having some troubling thoughts this afternoon, but reading this has put all those thoughts to rest. I love you Sanderspie, I really do, nothing will ever change this strong love I feel for you :D Thank you for this, just another thing to make my day better ;)

I just had to give my story on my experiences with romanticism a whole lot more depth than before. There was just so much more I wanted to elaborate on. I glad you loved it Misty Pie. For every last word I put into this ginormous wall of text is honest and sincere. My feelings for you are unlike any other feeling I had felt in my entire life. The love that we share for each other has even driven me to write that novella of a fanfic that I dedicated to you and you alone. 

I love you with all of my heart sweetie. I really do. I'm glad I was able to make your day a whole lot better. :) *kisses*

• Brohoof 3

Holy flipping Mosses guys... those are some friggin huge posts. Maybe i will get to posting something soon... i guess it'll depend from the guts i have to understand my faults and not exaggerate about them. I can't say i've always been a good person... maybe it's communicating with such a large community that changed me... like you guys. Maybe it's just... i don't know... maybe i will get to this thread soon enough. Sorry for this post.

• Brohoof 1

I like to think that my story is a romantic story...

Once upon a time (because that's how stories start), a woman logged into an online world. After a couple of months, she found that she kept running into someone in this world over and over so they struck up a conversation. This progressed to a friendship.  And then to phone calls and emails.  However, the man and the woman lived almost 2000 miles apart.  Not much hope for a hot romance there.

However, the woman then got an opportunity to travel to somewhere that was much closer (only a couple hundred miles) to the man and they made arrangements to meet.

The weekend passed in a flash and they both returned to their respective homes...very reluctantly... pretty sure that they would never see each other again.  

They continued their phone chats, emails and online relationship.  One day he was talking about how tired he was of his life where he lived and she (half-jokingly) said he should come live with her.  A couple of weeks later, he packed all he could into his pickup truck and drove from where he lived to where she lived. 5 years later, they moved from somewhere cold and horrible to somewhere warmer.

It's been almost ten years now...Can't say that things are "sunshine and lollipops" every day, but my biggest regret is that we didn't meet sooner.  I wouldn't trade him for anyone.  I love him with all of my heart (plus, he got me into ponies, so, YAY!)

That's my romantic story... what's yours?

• Brohoof 1

Wow @Dsanders and Pink Mist I'm so filled with fuzzies right now because of you two!

I like to think that my story is a romantic story...

That's incredible! Most relationships sadly don't make it online but your true love really made it work c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for me, I'm a super sucker for romantic things. I don't expect guys to get mushy gushy, but when I find out they're holding back on the romance because they don't want to seem feminine I get so upset!! 

Hey, all of you male bronies, women WANT romance! And NO you are not emasculated for being romantic!

A guy is more of a man to me if he isn't afraid to get sentimental. Now, there is a line and its when the relationship becomes to mushy-gushy. My last boyfriend was one of those guys who'd want to eskimo kiss and have pet names like "shnookums". Ehhhh that's too much, for me at least. I don't want to disappoint any feminist bronies or whatever but I like to be treated like a lady. Chivalry in romance isn't so common nowadays but when a guy offers me his sweatshirt because its cold or raining I die of feels! Things like that and simple stuff like holding the door out for me, "ladies first" type things, and acting protective. If I found a guy like that I'd be hooked! Sorry feminists who are shaking their heads at me

Most of all I need someone who is real! I hate when people feel like they need to force things in their relationship as well. In my best relationship, we would go hiking and when we'd reach the top of the mountain just sit there and take in the view. We didn't need to have a conversation going 100% of the time. That just puts pressure on the both of you to keep talking... pretty soon the conversations become bland. But we had this spiritual connection that was strong enough we could communicate 1,000 words in just one look.

A fantasy of mine is to find some beautiful hill and lie down in the grass with my partner and just watch the stars, not needing to say much. I love nature-y outdoors stuff. But in a partner they need to be able to be silly sometimes, take a joke, understand I have random bursts of energy and excitement like a 2 year old, and most of all have deep conversations. I loooove philosophical and thought-provoking conversations. Ya know, the meaning of life and whatnot xD

If anyone wants to have a deep conversation PM me ^-^  

• Brohoof 3

Wow @Dsanders and Pink Mist I'm so filled with fuzzies right now because of you two!

That's incredible! Most relationships sadly don't make it online but your true love really made it work c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for me, I'm a super sucker for romantic things. I don't expect guys to get mushy gushy, but when I find out they're holding back on the romance because they don't want to seem feminine I get so upset!! 

Hey, all of you male bronies, women WANT romance! And NO you are not emasculated for being romantic!

A guy is more of a man to me if he isn't afraid to get sentimental. Now, there is a line and its when the relationship becomes to mushy-gushy. My last boyfriend was one of those guys who'd want to eskimo kiss and have pet names like "shnookums". Ehhhh that's too much, for me at least. I don't want to disappoint any feminist bronies or whatever but I like to be treated like a lady. Chivalry in romance isn't so common nowadays but when a guy offers me his sweatshirt because its cold or raining I die of feels! Things like that and simple stuff like holding the door out for me, "ladies first" type things, and acting protective. If I found a guy like that I'd be hooked! Sorry feminists who are shaking their heads at me

Most of all I need someone who is real! I hate when people feel like they need to force things in their relationship as well. In my best relationship, we would go hiking and when we'd reach the top of the mountain just sit there and take in the view. We didn't need to have a conversation going 100% of the time. That just puts pressure on the both of you to keep talking... pretty soon the conversations become bland. But we had this spiritual connection that was strong enough we could communicate 1,000 words in just one look.

A fantasy of mine is to find some beautiful hill and lie down in the grass with my partner and just watch the stars, not needing to say much. I love nature-y outdoors stuff. But in a partner they need to be able to be silly sometimes, take a joke, understand I have random bursts of energy and excitement like a 2 year old, and most of all have deep conversations. I loooove philosophical and thought-provoking conversations. Ya know, the meaning of life and whatnot xD

If anyone wants to have a deep conversation PM me ^-^  

This is a good example of the kind of relationship I love having. 

• Brohoof 2

My friend said I was a hopeless romantic.. But I can't help but saying '' Awwww '' when I hear about my friend's boyfriend or when I watch korean dramas or dramas.

Lo it's funny, cuz when I started this thread I was alone. Now I have an excellent relationship. Romance is much better when you get to experience it and test it together. It's continuously trying to find tiny little ways to make your partners day a little better. It's not the big grandiose things once in awhile it's the daily simple little gestures from the heart that really show how much you care because it's constant and consistent. :3

• Brohoof 2

It's the little things we tend to take for granted in romancing things up. Though I always get a great deal of pleasure doing things for my husband, like cooking him a special breakfast, lunch or dinner. The saying goes "To get to a man's heart, is through his stomach" and my husband is no exception.

But when it comes to his means of romancing me, its something as simple as cuddling me. I love to cuddle, its that physical touch that I've always missed when we were seperated for 2yrs due to immigration processing...Now that we're here together and happily married, I can't get enough of his hugging, cuddling, we even nuzzle yes lol. (Sorry if too much detail)

Like last night, while watching Star Trek and it would go to annoying commercials, I'd fall down with annoyance on the bed waiting for commercials to be over. He'd be sitting on his chair, get up and come over and lie on top of me and cuddle till the commericals were gone. Funny that commercials go by so fast when i'm snuggling up to someone I love lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well.....unfortunately, my romance with someone i went out with for 6 years just went down to the depths as of yesterday.  We are in somewhat of separate careers which involves overseas and permanent stay.  (my ex is in international trade and has to stay in her home country in China.  Me, on the other hand work in NYC, which is somewhat bad b/c we would be too separate).  So as of now, im all alone, :(  and I hate being alone, :(

I'm like the only person I know who's had not had a girlfriend.  It's pretty embarrassing to me.  Believe me, I think many girls at my school are beautiful and worthy to go on out a date with.  Problem is, doing that is like my biggest fear.  It's not that I'm afraid of being around them, it's just that I'm afraid of the chance of being rejected.  Also, I've p*ssed of a lot of girls at my school with insults and unintentionally slapping one of my friends, and let me tell ya, I regret ever doing that. 

There are some girls in particular that I can't stop thinking about, especially with my friend, but I have no chance with her, since she's already in love with this college kid.  If I ever do find one eventually, I will definitely love them with all my heart at treat her with the respect she deserves.  I'm not looking for a girlfriend just to have one or just sex.  I want one so that I can love her.

I just hope I'm not subject to searching for a girlfriend on the internet.  I actually find that pretty awkward.

Hey, now I've never had a boyfriend, so you can't say you aren't the only one.

You want me to be honest?

100% purely honest?

Ok then, I shall!

It's been so long, I don't bloody remember   :lol:

Sounds generic, but anytime at all when it seems she put in any extra time to think about me. Whether its a small gift, wearing something the same way after I complemented it the date before, or even if she remembers some minor detail about me. GOD I sound like a girl, haha, but its true, theres a reason most women value those things! Men just usually wont admit they like it too

• Brohoof 1