Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Possible spoilers) New Mane 6 for Season 5?

Grumpy Enchantress

Doesn't it seem like the show is building to a new mane 6? In all of the key episodes they've taught other ponies about their elements. Do you think it's possible that they're all going to be replaced in Season 5? (Possibly because all the other Mane 6 are princesses and too busy for the elements and regular episodes of the show as implied with the background ponies in all the key episodes.) 

So far the replacements would be Cocoa Pommel, Spitfire, and Cheese Sandwich. If you do buy the theory, any thoughts on who the other 3 might be? 

541103__safe_mane+six_spitfire_rainbow+f

• Brohoof 1

I... find this extremely unlikely. It'd work well as a fan theory, but if our beloved current Mane 6 were ever replaced, I'd stop watching the show. I mean, Cheese Sandwich is awesome and all, as are the other two, but Hasbro would be out of their minds to chuck the show away like that.

For now, let's assume that the other 3 ?'s belong to whoever Tenderhoof is (from Simple Ways), a pony that Fluttershy meets from the Breezies episode, and... let's throw some embodiment of Starswirl in there for Twilight ;)

• Brohoof 5

Naw, I think the current storyline involves the Mane Six inspiring others to live out their respective elements and that's why we have such clear parallels. There's no real indication that they're intending to change casts, and I'm frankly happy for that.

• Brohoof 4

I think Hasbro knows what kind of shitstorm they'd be facing if they did that.

They only care about the money. That's clear. If they did a whole new line up, then so many people would stop buying stuff from them on top of having to spend extra money producing new toys.

They'd lose money, and they know that.

So nahh. I think the mane 6 right now is pretty cemented in place :D

• Brohoof 4

I find this unlikely considering that one of them is voiced by a celebrity who wouldn't do the show regularly.

How do you know he wouldn't? He's friends with Daniel Ingram and was going to do a recurring voice on that awful Star Wars Detours show. (Yes, Star Wars is a bigger franchise but this was just going to be a lame Seth Green show.)

I think you're overthinking things there, Grumpy :derp:

The Mane 6 are simply teaching ponies a lesson much as they've always done. The difference is that this time said ponies are very close to their elements or are being rivals to them.

Replace the star characters? Are you mad? Just replacing one of them with a different character is tempting the Shark enough as it is, but replacing all of them? Surely you realize how silly that sounds...

• Brohoof 1

LOL-NO-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magi

And discontinue Princess Twilight and Pinkie Pie toys?  As if!  The mane six were the reasons that the show became popular in the first place, replacing any of them would be a mistake.

• Brohoof 1

No. The Mane Six would never get replaced, especially by a cast that includes male ponies like Cheese Sandwich. We're four seasons into the show and the Mane Six have always been the focal characters that the audience has come to know and love. Why would there be a need to replace them? Simply put, there is no replacing them.

The Mane Six have simply inspired others through their own or elements of harmony. Coco Pommel, Spitfire, and Cheese Sandwich all learned about generosity, loyalty, and laughter in their respective episodes and then proceeded to give our heroes their "keys." This is buildup for the Mane Six, not a step towards replacing them. :/

• Brohoof 1

And discontinue Princess Twilight and Pinkie Pie toys?  As if!  The mane six were the reasons that the show became popular in the first place, replacing any of them would be a mistake.

They can still sell the toys and kids will know of them through reruns. Hasbro has actually tried this type of thing in the past when they killed Optimus Prime in the original Transformers animated movie from 1986 and they were actually planning on killing all of the main characters and replacing them with new ones in the next season. That was also Hasbro so I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of all of the Mane 6 and replaced them. They probably couldn't kill them so maybe they'd all become princesses and be too busy to do normal stuff. They can still sell the original toys, though but now they have 6 more they can sell a lot of in addition.

Very unlikely because, that would be Hasbro jumping the shark in this case which is not a good idea at all and plus getting rid of the six assets that can bring you money and happiness to the fandom is something that is a pointless and ridiculous matter to come to.