Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not a good first impression

Wind Chaser
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

I had prepared a legnthy post in the section for "How did you first get into MLP:FIM?" in the Welcoming Plaza.

When I had hit "Preview Post", that box and the box for "How did you first hear about MLPForums?" both blanked themselves, now I have to retype the entire post, but I'm working with limited time, so I have to get around to doing that tomorrow.

Using Firefox 26.

Any suggestions?

I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't know what causes this, but a technical administrator may be able to provide insight regarding that issue. However, in the interim, I can give you advice as to how to avoid this predicament in the future. 

Personally, almost every time I type up a post I press the BBCode Mode toggle switch 88248f7991.png, select the entirety of my post, and copy it. That way, I have it saved on my clipboard just in case anything erroneous occurs in the process of posting. This is a quick, but unreliable method. It would most likely not serve you well in the context of posting an introduction thread, as that features multiple fields of text to fill in.

In situations such as that, or in any situation where you were posting something especially important, I would recommend saving the content of your post, BBCode and all, in a wordpad document, Microsoft Word document, Open Office document, or in any other relevant word processing document. You can access a version of your post in which the BBCode is typed out by clicking the BBCode Mode toggle switch 88248f7991.png. This way, if anything erroneous occurred in the posting process, or if your post were lost at a later date due to a technical issue, you would have a copy of it on your computer that included formatting.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 months later...

Hello, @! ^^

Just wondering, but did SCS's suggestion help you out any?

Sorry for the late response, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Hello, @! ^^

Just wondering, but did SCS's suggestion help you out any?

Sorry for the late response, by the way.

Sorry, but this was a long time ago. I back up my posts in Wordpad and haven't gotten the chance to try this.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.