Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do i have Aspergers

Best Username Ever

I have Asperger's but I'm not qualified to diagnose you.

The most common traits are methodical, literal thinking. A fondness for routine and predictability. Above average IQ (but can be really dumb socially. An aversion to touch. Interest in finding out how things work. Issues with empathy and social eques such as sarcasm or naïveté.

Listen, if you're at a point where you can't tell if somebodies body language says "I'm pissed, stay away" or "I'm open and happy, come chat with me" then you clearly have a problem.  You're fine, don't even worry about it.  Look at this shit

Dislike any changes in routines.

Wow, show me a kid who just loves changing their routines!

Avoid eye contact or stare at others.

Well, kids stare because when humans are interested in something, they tend to stare at it.  Why do you think babies stare, and young children.  Look for yourself.  Kids who avoid contact are shy and probably anxious. 

Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about

Come on, get real.

Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

They'll say anything to sell drugs won't they. 

I defiantly have a problem with these symptoms listed, how are they even symptoms, they're way to non specific.  It's pretty obvious if a kid has an issue like Aspergers.  It seems to me way too many kids have this now-a-days, when I bet most kinds who get diagnosed actually don't.  It's like the stupid ADHD thing back quite a few years ago, it's all to sell drugs and convince your parents that you have a problem.  Sickening. 

Edited by Deesinn
  • Brohoof 3

If you suspect it, it's worth getting an evaluation. Just as a mention, there is no medicine to "treat" Asperger's Syndrome. But hey, might as well know whatcha got, right?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, you're never going to know for sure without an examination. Tests like that are just to see if you're looking in the right direction--which, if you think you might have it, then you probably do.

Yeah, you're never going to know for sure without an examination. Tests like that are just to see if you're looking in the right direction--which, if you think you might have it, then you probably do.

There's a good chance at least 25% of the people here have Asperger's. At the very least.

Yeah, I'd say go to a psychologist. I did, and it explains so much about me.

There's a good chance at least 25% of the people here have Asperger's. At the very least.

A surprising amount of people I know offline have it. Feels very common at times.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really know enough about your symptoms to say definitively whether you have it or not as it is possible to have some symptoms of Aspergers and not have it, I am not saying you do or you don't but it is a very complicated matter and if you want to know for sure you may have to get tested. Even if the result is positive though it dosen't change who you are, the brain is a very complicated thing and some people with Aspergers or on the Autism spectrum in general aren't diagnosed until later in life while some are diagnosed at a fairly young age depending on their circumstances. I was diagnosed at age 2 with low functioning Autism, the doctor thought I was retarded and recommended institutionalizing me. The doctor was right that I did in fact have Autism but was wrong about the form of it I had as well as wrong about me being retarded. It was a struggle for me just to learn to talk and to be able to deal with even minor changes in my routine and to not throw tantrums when I was upset but I have advanced to the point where most people can't tell I was ever "different" to begin with. I am not "cured" and I still have some challenges but I have come a very very long way.

Listen, if you're at a point where you can't tell if somebodies body language says "I'm pissed, stay away" or "I'm open and happy, come chat with me" then you clearly have a problem.  You're fine, don't even worry about it.  Look at this shit

Dislike any changes in routines.

Wow, show me a kid who just loves changing their routines!

Avoid eye contact or stare at others.

Well, kids stare because when humans are interested in something, they tend to stare at it.  Why do you think babies stare, and young children.  Look for yourself.  Kids who avoid contact are shy and probably anxious. 

Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about

Come on, get real.

Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

They'll say anything to sell drugs won't they. 

I defiantly have a problem with these symptoms listed, how are they even symptoms, they're way to non specific.  It's pretty obvious if a kid has an issue like Aspergers.  It seems to me way too many kids have this now-a-days, when I bet most kinds who get diagnosed actually don't.  It's like the stupid ADHD thing back quite a few years ago, it's all to sell drugs and convince your parents that you have a problem.  Sickening.

I totally agree with you. I also think it's outrageous for a teacher to say something like that to a student! Not that being Autistic is something to be ashamed of, but just that a teacher thinks it's appropriate to ask a student about it and imply they display symptoms of being Autistic.