Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Darkness On The Coast

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@@@Frosty V,

Well, it seems if you found the source of the slime in the sewers. But, as if to herald Jaeger's words, a soft chittering begins to sound from the next hallway. As you look, you see that it is some sort of drainage room, yet the pit in the center certainly isn't filled with rainwater. It's a group of mutants- about ten to twelve of them- scattered about the room. You see one that is slightly larger than the rest of them, sharp tusk-like growths coming out from its snout and appeared to be covered in something resembling diseased chitin. It seemed to be controlling the other creatures for some reason. A pair of the smaller mutants came out from the bigger group and started headed in the direction of the smaller hallway...

@,

Manechilles

The stallion once in death had seen enough of the pointless terror he caused throughout the small part of the city. "This bores me...If I have been brought back, I shall make use of this new life bestowed upon me," he snorted while continuing through the streets. "The Earth-ridden kind will return to their right pla-Gaaah!!" Suddenly, Manechilles plummeted through an open pothole to the sewers, quickly recovering himself directly in front of the two unsuspecting ponies to his front. Quickly, the proud stallion went on the defensive, "If this beist a trap, thou shall learn the true meaning of pain! What foul stench hast thou you swine!"

The Sandpony

Upon the sudden shock of Manechilles' entrance to their area, the Sandpony brought his hooves to his waist as he balance on his hindlegs. Not a sound but his breath answered back to the stallion.

@@Frosty V, @, Sanura had watched what had happened with disgust and also pity. "If that's the case, then death is the best thing to happen to that pony," she said, quietly.

@, @@Charcoal Embers, Shadow Star smiled disarmingly at the stallion who'd spoken to herself and Caprisha. "Just two good friends out for a drink," she replied. "We just wondered if we could join you. After all, cider goes down best with company, right?"

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Hmm... well..." He thought about this for a few minutes. "Magic has an odd way of reacting badly, as you probably very well know. Perhaps it was a mistake or an overpowerment of the spell on your part- which I'm doubting- or a mistake or overpowering on my friends' part." He gave them all a look, and the backed up slowly. Shaking his head, he turned back to Jacob. "As for your form being a pony, we've found out that any... extradimensional visitors take a form of our race to preserve the natural balance." He sighed. "Well, Archmage, I can give you food and a place to rest until we figure out how to send you back to your realm, although I am unsure..."

((I'm not sure what to do... everything's moving so smoothly.))

Jacob looked down dismayed. Taking one shaky step, then another, he finally got the hang of walking on all fours. He turned to the High Inquisitor. "Alright. That sounds good. Actually, where I'm from, running the college is actually only one of the jobs I do. I'm what you could call an adventurer." His look of dismay turns to one of neutrality. "If I'm stuck here...at least I have some gear of my own. Things could've been worse. I do find it interesting being turned in to a pony, my gear has also changed to accommodate my new form." He points out his sword and shield which had been moved to lay on his back, much in the same manner the royal guards kept their swords and shields. "Right. Is there anything I can do while I'm here? Would you like some help with some of your magic? Or alchemy? Anything I can do to help? I'd hate to impose. If there's some way I can repay your hospitality?"

Monkshood

@

Monkshood walked into the lab. As expected, the Lord Inquisitor was discussing something with some of the other ponies in Lab. It felt bustling, in comparison towards the 'labs' that he was used to working in. He lulled in the background until a break within his conversation arose. "Sir, forgive my impertinence, but we really must attend to the disease ward. If it as dire as you believe, time could be of the essence", the stallion grumbled the words out of his mouth. 

@@Pripyat Pony@@Charcoal Embers,

One of them looked set to argue, but was quickly cut off by the other. "Sure you can, madams. I... err... didn't catch your names. What were they?"

@, @@Nomadic,

Lord Inquisitor Starlight's eyes flashed towards Monkshood before turning back to Jacob. "Well, if we need something, we'll let you know. I have things to do as of right now, though. How about you get yourself accustomed to your new form, then go... explore the city for a while? Just don't go far- I don't want you getting lost in all of the crowds." He nodded. "We need to get going. Come, Monkshood." He nodded to Jacob again before walking out the door and started to make his way down to the hospital with Monkshood.

((Either start a conversation with him, or detail the way to the hospital.))

Edited by Archmagos Amphrose

@@Pripyat Pony @

Jaegers expression did not change but emotionally he felt anger, wanting the ponies responsible to die in the most painful way he could possibly imagine. He looked back to the others "We need to move quickly, get our job done and get out, other wise those things will catch up, or worse bring something worse." He said drawing another arrow

@@Pripyat Pony, @,

Caprisha grinned at the group of ponies. This was going to be way to easy to do. She walked closer to the table with a spring in her step and a sway in her hips. She sat next to the stallion who had mentioned the demons and got very close to him, brushing herself against him and smiling up at him. "I'm Caprisha. My friend over there is Shadow Star. I was just wondering if you would consider telling up that story about the demon. If you would mind that is." Caprisha said as she brushed her tail up against his nose. "Would you baby?"

@, @, @, @, @@Aerodynas,

It took a few seconds for the psychic message to register when it hit her. She stumbled a bit, but gain her bearings again. Once it had ended and she got the message from Resh that caused her to panic a bit. She looked up at Terra and brought back her sexy face. "Oh, I'm sorry, but it looks like we will have to cut this meeting short. And I would have so loved to have spent more time with you. Please don't be upset. I will be sure to come visit you again soon." Charcoal said before running over and grabbing Thunder by the ear and dragging him over to the sewer. She tore the grate off and shoved Thunder down into the sewers before jumping down herself and placing the grate back so it looked the same. Once they hit the bottom she started dragging Thunder along until they met back up with Moonlight and the strange pony.

((Sorry for the godmodding @RaptorJesus XC I had to get caught up.))

Edited by Charcoal Embers

@@Charcoal Embers

Thunder stared at the mare angrily. "You know you could have just asked or just told me to go! Jeez, you didn't need to be that rough. But, if it gets things done quicker, I suppose." The stallion had a thought. "Do you think he could have been one of 'those who would try to stop us?'" The stallion was only now truly realizing the true depth of what he had gotten himself into.

((OOC: That is perfectly fine @@Charcoal Embers. He was going to procrastinate anyways, so it's probably a good thing you did that.))

Monkshood

@

Monkshood stepped outside with the Lord Inquisitor. The air was nice and crisp, well at least compared to the stagnant ether-like breeze of the airship and the laboratory. Looking over at his superior, Monkshood's gaze grew inquisitive of Starlight. Their path curved down one of the street corners. It bothered him, this city seemed nowhere near as bustling as other ponies claimed. Had this disease really been that frightening to the populous?

Monkshood glanced back over, and began to speak up. "My Lord, why have I been chosen for this mission? I'm sure you know I'm not the most well-versed of ponies, when it comes to dealing with such public matters. My usefulness doesn't often encompass much of anything, except the inside of a briar patch".

Jacob nodded his thanks and stumbled almost drunkenly to the door. He stopped himself from falling on his face again and straightened up. "My thanks. Um. How will I be accepted? If I'm seen wandering the streets in full armor and weaponry, well, where I come from, that's acceptable. I'm not sure how usual it is here though? Will I be alright?"

@@Pripyat Pony@@Charcoal Embers,

One of them looked set to argue, but was quickly cut off by the other. "Sure you can, madams. I... err... didn't catch your names. What were they?"

@, @@Nomadic,

Lord Inquisitor Starlight's eyes flashed towards Monkshood before turning back to Jacob. "Well, if we need something, we'll let you know. I have things to do as of right now, though. How about you get yourself accustomed to your new form, then go... explore the city for a while? Just don't go far- I don't want you getting lost in all of the crowds." He nodded. "We need to get going. Come, Monkshood." He nodded to Jacob again before walking out the door and started to make his way down to the hospital with Monkshood.

((Either start a conversation with him, or detail the way to the hospital.))

@, @,

Charcoal rolled her eyes as she walked to the front of the group. "Whatever. But I can't really say just yet if he is friend or foe. I will have to look into that later. Now be quiet, I need to concentrate." Charcoal said as she closed her eyes, using her enhanced senses to listen in on when they were getting close to a wall. "Resh, where do we need to go to get to you? Please guide me to you." Charcoal said in her mind to send a message to Resh.

@@Charcoal Embers@,

(i am bored so i will do this)

Moonlight was becoming really bored wondering around the sewers until she saw Charcoal and Thunder she approached Charcoal with a annoyed look "so mrs demon lord have thy found ponies in sewers?" she said in a accent.

(imagine her accent being like princess luna's on Luna eclipse).

@@Charcoal Embers, @,

(i am bored so i will do this)

Moonlight was becoming really bored wondering around the sewers until she saw Charcoal and Thunder she approached Charcoal with a annoyed look "so mrs demon lord have thy found ponies in sewers?" she said in a accent.

(imagine her accent being like princess luna's on Luna eclipse).

Charcoal gave Moonlight a hard look as she passed her, getting to the front of the group. "Don't test me. You may be an ally, but don't expect any good nature or special treatment. You are still annoying and I don't particularly like you. So do us all a favor and just shut up." Charcoal said in an annoyed voice as she continued walking.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Well i don't expect to be treated like Princess Celestia but i digress what brings you to the sewers? also if i haven't introduce my self yet my names Moonlight so whats your name?". She had a rather cool look on her face dispite the situation she doesn't expect a polite answer from her though.

@@Nomadic,

"If I wanted someone who was well-versed and used to public matters, I would have gotten an Inquisitor from Cadence's branch," he stated matter-of-factly. "I picked you, primarily, because your skill in potionmaking will come in useful for analyzing this disease and coming up with ways to prevent it- or, if not prevent it, then suppress the symptoms. If this is a demonic disease, then we have to get rid of the demon lord behind it, and if any of the team gets infected, you would be the pony for the job. Also, while I brought Ms. Caprisha along- field experience is the most effective way of learning- I wanted somepony else that I know that I could trust. All of those factors combined- as well as a few personal reasons- are why I chose you." He smiled slightly and he continued walking as the hospital entered view.

@@Charcoal Embers,

The demon didn't respond, but a near-translucent line of energy appeared along the side of the wall, attuned to appear to demons and those familiar with demonic or dark magic. Perhaps that will help you. Now, if you excuse me, I need to start shuffling my servants around. I will see you soon...

@,

The ponies left in the laboratory looked around, apparently searching for the pony who just left, before shrugging. "It depends on the pony you run into, but you should be fine. You might be taken as a guard or a mercenary." He blinked. "Well... err... have fun!" He then looked around, somewhat nervously, before going back to his work...

@@Frosty V, @@Pripyat Pony@,

Suddenly, the one in mock plate armor looked up and looked around before screeching. It quickly moved out of the room from the other side with the drones, leaving behind nothing but a quickly evaporating trail of slime.

((Caprisha and Shadow Star will be posted tomorrow, hopefully...))

@@Nomadic

@

Johanna stood quietly for a minute and than looked up at the Lord Inquisitor."Listen,I know our mission but what is my job? What am I supposed to do on our mission?" She said with a slightly puzzled expression before turning to her other partner "Nice to meet you" She spoke with a deep voice and it became more breathy as she finished the sentance.

She slowly put a book into her bag,and looked up at both of them with a serious expression.

Edited by Moaning Myrtle
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Charcoal watched the small line across the wall and grinned. She began following the line and ignoring the rest of the ponies, but making sure they were still following her. She needed to get them to their destination quickly so that they could get this over with.

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @

Frost watched as the armored creature screeched, causing him to cover his ears slightly, cursing violently under his breath. After a moment he looked up to his two comrades and shook his head, getting his bearing. "Ok, we are going to need to lose them in the sewers, even if they don't follow us it will he good to have the element of surprise back." He said lowering his bow and pointing to another sewage tunnel, "Let's try that way."

Terra was surprised by the sudden leave of the creature... which was probably a demon but that didn't matter right now. He wouldn't try to follow them again since it was highly likely that said creature would find him again. He wasn't willing to pit himself in a trap, but he knew someone that was involved in this case and thus would have something to say about these events. He suspected some links with the strange events that occured in the city.

There were several places he could go but it was better if he contacted the inquisitor. He used to hunt demons in the expedition against the release of the demonic lords of Tartarus, and after that he had agreed to be positioned in Baltimare from the Celestia branch.

((OOC:Correct me in any case))

He returned to his home and begun writting in a parchment. In there he described the events of today, how he encountered a demon near the sewers, how the demon was close to the sewers, and why he chose not to pursue this before contacting.

"Please answer in the same parchment... and if possible arrange for meeting. Fenix my phoenix will deliver this to me..." he said as he was writting the same thing. He attached it to Fenix's leg and bid him to send this to Starlight. Smart as Fenix was he immediately begun the journey after his master fed him a few more seeds and after he took a couple of sips of hot mountain tea. After that there was nothing Terra could do but wait for a response....

@,

@, @@Charcoal Embers,

(well since Moonlight specialize in dark magic she should be able to sense that line of energy)

Moonlight sensing the translucent line of energy she grinned "i haven't sensed dark magic like this since, since forever" she said in a rather sinister tone.

Jacob nods at the high inquisitor and shakily walks out the door. He makes his way to the exit and steps outside. Taking in a breath of fresh air, he smiles. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad here. He still really wanted to get back home to his wife, but if that wasn't possible, he could at least make do with what he had. 

@@Frosty V, @,

"Good idea," Sanura replied. "We have the map, so we'll find our way back."

@, @@Charcoal Embers, Shadow Star smiled at the group. She could sense that these ponies knew something, and that she and Caprisha would have to draw them out, bit by bit. "Yes, do tell," she said with a flirtatious wiggle of her hips. Just cuz she wasn't overly keen on relationships, didn't mean that she didn't know how to flirt if it got her what she wanted.

Manechilles & The Sandpony

The sewers had proved enough of a wasteful situation as it was to those who added to it; however the eventful meeting that took place was more than enough to set in motion a fire that was soon to envelope the land. Upon the leave of the other ponies, easy embers could swell until smoke began to rise. A old order would take rise again...with a crimson hoof.

Manechilles, finding the reason of his revitalization, agreed to accompany the Sandpony after strenuous attempts to find communication with him. The stallion didn't take well to following anything but the promise of leadership instigated him a little more. The Sandpony's father was a good pony by his standards, knowing a concept greater than he could have ever imagined; though he still held strong to his Storma ideals. Either way, why should he not humor this strange pony's intentions? Manechilles had already lived one life. Why not enjoy this one? "Keep up or be distraught and fall behind. It matters not to me earth-ridden!" he yelled back at the Sandpony who shrugged and continued forward with an annoyed breath. It wasn't long before the extremely curious pair walked the streets in intentions to execute the first order of their plan. 'Father...may this dream come to fruition...' the Sandpony's thoughts hummed.

@@Pripyat Pony

Caprisha nodded to Shadow and began nuzzling the stallion she sat next to and tickled the chin of the mare on the opposite side of her. "So, what was that story you were saying before? I have learned that following my instincts is not a bad idea." She pushed herself up so her mouth was directly by the stallion's ear. "And they led me to you." She whispered before giving his ear a light nibble.

@ @

Charcoal ignored Moonlight once again and just began to follow the line, waiting to see where it would lead.