Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bushi no Tamashi

Samurshy

Saigo simply shook his head. "Lighting the jungle ablaze would not only alert the entire place that we're here. But this island could prove useful to us and our country later on. We'd be wiping all the food and resources that are here out." He said as he walked over to the fire and used the power of his ring to draw his sword. The pure speed of it was able to extinguish the fire. He put his katana back and looked up considering something. "The Onijin here share something close to my own ideals, so I will leave their homeland mostly undisturbed out of respect. Seeing this faction was the same faction that I found my ring in. Besides, their temple would make a good base camp once were done with it." He explained, his tone turning cold as he continued. "However, with that being said. Torching every other place we come across sounds fine to me. It would be demoralizing for anyone else to come across." 

Edited by Pumkin

"Division is important. What if you need to know just how many soldiers you need to kill in order to be equal with everyone else. If there's twelve of them, and four of us, how many do you have to kill?" She lays back on her bed, behind a screen she had put up earlier.

@@TheBreech,

"...how many do I have to kill..? Twelve" Fenikku paused before understanding her question, "Oh! Uhh... Twelve divided by four is... 3!" Fen was holing his hands up, one of them holding 4 fingers, and the other holding 3. He was able to "divide" by counting up to five, up to five times. Edited by TheBreech

"I don't mind if we alert them of our presence but you're right about wasting all the resources on this island instead of claiming it for our country." She said as she placed her Nagamaki onto her back. "Shall we continue heading towards the temple before we get rudely interrupted by another group of Onijin?" She asked Saigo before looking in the direction of the temple.

"...how many do I have to kill..? Twelve" Fenikku paused before understanding her question, "Oh! Uhh... Twelve divided by four is... 3!" Fen was holing his hands up, one of them holding 4 fingers, and the other holding 3. He was able to "divide" by counting up to five, up to five times.

"Alright. If there are one hundred swords, and only five warriors, how many swords are there for warriors?" She digs through her *censored* and takes out a sweet roll. She places it on a plate and gives that to him, thus occupying both of his hands while expecting the math to get done.

Fenikku took the plate and ate the sweet roll, assuming it was a reward for the right answer. However, he wasn't sure what the answer was as he are so he couldn't enjoy it enough. "I don't have that many fingers... Oh wait!" He paused for a moment, remembering to put the plate down, then pulled off his shoes. He counted in fives but eventually reached 50 on his last finger. Fenikku knew she had more sweet rolls, and in an act of visibly effort he counted by tapping his heel (No he didn't break the floor!) and managed to reach one hundred on his last toe. He smiled wide and said "20!" while balancing his whole body on his ass. A moment later his balance vanished and he fell on his back, still determined to get that sweet roll!

Saigo thought for a moment, looking in the direction of the temple. "I suppose we'll have to go there. Doing anything out here is pretty much wasting time." He said as he walked towards the direction of the temple, cutting through the brush with his sword to clear the path. "However, the problem of getting inside the temple and out with the Taniaku still persists. We might have to come up with a plan. Engaging every living thing over there in broad daylight is a death wish for even some of the most formidable attackers." He explained as he slashed down a thin tree. He walked through a path and finally came out of the thick forest. Now at the edge before the island slopes down. Off in the distance the temple itself was now visible. The landscape seemed to be like a giant bowl from their view. Small patches of jungle were still there, but most of it was finally gone. He sighed as he stopped and turned back. "If I had to come up with something myself, resting up there until night time and assaulting them then while most of guards are sleeping would be the smartest option available." He explained as he pointed to a small secluded forest down the slope to hide in. "That way we can cut down the lower ranked troops before they can alert anyone. Making the fight progress in small waves of them instead of their whole army. Once we're done there, I would figure the leader and his personal guard are inside the temple with the Taniaku." He finished.

Fenikku took the plate and ate the sweet roll, assuming it was a reward for the right answer. However, he wasn't sure what the answer was as he are so he couldn't enjoy it enough. "I don't have that many fingers... Oh wait!" He paused for a moment, remembering to put the plate down, then pulled off his shoes. He counted in fives but eventually reached 50 on his last finger. Fenikku knew she had more sweet rolls, and in an act of visibly effort he counted by tapping his heel (No he didn't break the floor!) and managed to reach one hundred on his last toe. He smiled wide and said "20!" while balancing his whole body on his ass. A moment later his balance vanished and he fell on his back, still determined to get that sweet roll!

A tossed sweet roll lands in his mouth. "Sit up Fenniku. Can you do this without counting fingers and toes? You can't exactly divide fast enough to use it in real situation right now." Natsuki silently draws her tanto and examines it, slowly drawing a finger over each little niche. How long ago had it once been her katana now? Five years? More? Ahh, but Fenniku needs to learn, and maybe not the same way she did. "Fen, you have two rations to last you four days. How much can you eat?"

A tossed sweet roll lands in his mouth. "Sit up Fenniku. Can you do this without counting fingers and toes? You can't exactly divide fast enough to use it in real situation right now." Natsuki silently draws her tanto and examines it, slowly drawing a finger over each little niche. How long ago had it once been her katana now? Five years? More? Ahh, but Fenniku needs to learn, and maybe not the same way she did. "Fen, you have two rations to last you four days. How much can you eat?"

"...Uh... I don't know, a lot?" Fenikku thought the last question was completely unrelated, "But what's the question..? I have 2 rations and four days... But 4 is bigger than 2! It doesn't fit!" Fenikku looked a bit panicked but shook his head. He looked at Natsumi, hoping for her to ask him a different question...

"I have a bad feeling that we're just leaving our tracks behind as we leave fallen trees behind us." She commented on how he's slicing trees down instead of hopping from tree to tree. "If you think waiting it out till night and attacking within the shadows is a good plan, then lets wait." Akira said as she headed over to the spot where Saigo pointed out. 'Hopefully I won't fall asleep myself..' she thought. Edited by Azura

"...Uh... I don't know, a lot?" Fenikku thought the last question was completely unrelated, "But what's the question..? I have 2 rations and four days... But 4 is bigger than 2! It doesn't fit!" Fenikku looked a bit panicked but shook his head. He looked at Natsumi, hoping for her to ask him a different question...

She takes out two sweet rolls and wraps them in a cloth. "There are two of these. You have four days." She tosses the two bundles up and insects the bundles perfectly along their y-axis. "How many full sweet rolls are there?" The four half bundles lay on the ground in front of him.

(Dawn... Bro, he's not smart. 2/4 is a half but he won't, and to my knowledge isn't supposed to get that)

Fenikku didn't understand her to begin with but it was all could manage just not bolting over to them. He was drooling inside his shut mouth and just staring at the treats.

Saigo walked into the secluded part of the land, keeping watch for any guards as they moved to the spot. He found a small area within the forest that was open and stopped walking, figuring this was a good place to set up camp until the sun goes down. "This should do." He commented with a bored tone. "Rin, go gather a bit of firewood and start a camp. Once it gets dark it will help." He ordered as he walked off. "I'm going to scout a bit further ahead, if anyone needs to talk or anything I'll be out there." He finished.

"Yes sir." Rin said with a nod as she pulled the scythe off her back, walking over to a tree and cleanly slicing the tree horizontally. After the tree fell over she continued her work. Parting the dead tree into a few logs and bringing them over to the middle of the clearing. She carefully stacked a few of them up like cards with a giggle and looked over to Akira. "You got a fire spell by any chance Akira?" She asked.

Saigo continued walking for a bit until he heard the sounds of water. He changed his direction to the area he heard the noise from and found a small river that fell off into a hot spring. After a few seconds of pondering, he decided he hadn't bathed in a day or two and probably needed a good rest. He slipped out of his clothes and neatly laid them by the lake before he entered. He also left behind all his weapons besides his katana. He placed it on the surface besides him and he simply leaned his head back and relaxed in the water for the time being as he waited for the sun to go down. 

Edited by Pumkin

Akira looked at Rin and said "As a matter of fact I do." She lit a spark on the tip of her finger and tossed it into the firewood as the flames started growing. "There ya go." Aki said with a smile. "Since we'll be waiting here for quite some time, lets get comfortable." She commented before she laid down on the floor and placed her hands behind the back of her head.

Edited by Azura

(Dawn... Bro, he's not smart. 2/4 is a half but he won't, and to my knowledge isn't supposed to get that)

Fenikku didn't understand her to begin with but it was all could manage just not bolting over to them. He was drooling inside his shut mouth and just staring at the treats.

(I know.)

She sighs, "Well, we all knew your intellectual pursuits were shoddy at best. How would you describe your combat style and role? And you can't say something like smash. You have a sword, not a mace." She sits up against the wall near her bedroom and looks at him.

Arashi watched as the wall of flesh that was the Onijin proceeded to destroy almost everything on the boat that was in his path. But he also noticed that as soon as something broke, the deckhands instantly fixed it back up to its former glory. Arashi chuckled a bit, as he watched the deckhands follow directly behind Fen and fix everything that was broken by him.

Arashi redirected his gaze out towards Jinzo city, which was no just a small speck of white out in the distance. Even though they had just barely left, Arashi already began to miss Jinzo city. Even though he didn't live directly in Jinzo, he would miss the pork ramen at that ramen shop that he would leave the barracks for lunch and dinner for. He would also miss the friendly people, and the happy atmosphere. A tinge of sadness and longing pinged through Arashi as he looked at that speck of white out on the horizon. But he decided to shake it off, and visit the captain's quarters to put his satchel up. 

Arashi walked up the nicely varnished deck, and up the small wooden stairs that lead to either the back of the boat, the helm, or the captain's quarters. He noticed the Haruki wasn't steering the boat, and that she had a first mate steering the boat. If Arashi had actually been paying attention to the signs, he probably would have been able to deduce what was to happen next. But, he did not.

Arashi opened the wooden door with glass windows, that lead into the captain's quarters. He wasn't expecting much walking in, but noticed after opening the door, that the captain's quarters were very large. The entry way to the captain's quarters immediately lead into the part of the quarters with the bed. The bed was very large, and well made. Above the bed, on the wall, hung two katana's that Arashi was positive were for decoration and nothing more. He immediately discarded his satchel and katana, and continued walking. Past the bedroom was a hallway that could either lead to a a lavatory, as well as, further down the hallway, a dining room. Arashi imagined that the dining room at one point was filled with Hana, Hana's secretary, and the captain of the boat, as they shared a meal here together. The table was large enough to seat ten, and in the center of it was a bowl of fruit which may have been to prevent scurvy on long trips. Arashi reached in the bowel and produced a large, ripe, peach. He took a bite out of it and began walking back to the bed room.  As he passed the lavatory, he realized the door was open, to the lavatory, when it had been closed the last time he passed it. He didn't even think to look at what the lavatory looked like. He just passed it, assuming that all lavatory's looked the same. He peeked in and was immediately wrong. The lavatory was large and separated into two parts. One part was a small chair with a hole on it, that was obviously a toilet. The hole actually was a shoot that led down to the lowest level of the ship and deposited the waste into a tank that was cleaned out and disposed into the ocean regularly by the crew. The second part actually had a washing basin. Which filled with water that was probably heated in the kitchen below. The room had three small windows to let light in, and also had incense sticks and candles as well. It was only now that Arashi had realized the basin was actually currently filled with water, and the water was steaming as well.

Maybe the crew thought I would like to take a bath Arashi thought to himself. 

He closed the lavatory and walked back out to the bed room. It was then that all of the pieces fell together. The 1st mate steering the ship. The lavatory being closed and then opened. The basin filled with water. Because there, in front of Arashi, laying on the massibe bed, in nothing but a short, revealing robe, was Haruki. 

"Hey there, captain" She said seductively "I thought I would take a bath, when you came in at the perfect time" After she finished her sentence she immediately discarded the robe she had on, revealing her entire nude body in all its glory. The small but petit breasts, her short and fit body. Her toned buttocks and private regions. 

"What's wrong, Captain? Are you... full mast?" She asked with a smirk. 

Arashi's entire body immediately went numb, as his heart began to beat extremely hard in his chest and his face flushed. 

what do I do? T-this is too much... I got to get out of here or I am going to pass out. I need to reach the door but I can't move. My body is completely numb. What do I do? Arashi was stunned for a good solid minute.

"Don't worry, I will be gentle" Haruki said as she walked from the bed, completely naked and grabbed Arashi's hand, trying to lead him to the bed. 

It was in the moment that Haruki grabbed his hand that he immediately snapped from the static state that he was in. 

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" Arashi yelled as he ran from the cabin as fast as he could. He ran down the deck, and leaped up the mast and into the first mate's round eagle's nest. Arashi looked down towards the captain's quarters and noticed that Haruki was not chasing him. He let out a sigh of relief and sat down, attempting to collect himself, as he wiped the blood from his nose.

Natsuki heard a cry from the deck and her instincts took over. She kicked her window open and crawled to the deck with her tanto drawn. She looked over the railing and saw no immediate danger. However, she saw the captain with a nose bleed. "Arashi'," she began, hoping the rail, "Are you okay? Brawling with the crew, perhaps? "

Arashi was still collecting himself, when a moment later, his subordinate, Natsuki leaped onto the eagle's nest with her tanto drawn

"Are you okay? Brawling with the crew, perhaps? "

Good, she thinks I was in a brawl, no real reason to correct her right? But then he thought about how unbelievable that seemed to him. He could handle a brawl easily. Arashi could single-handedly kill every crew member on the ship, aside from probably the taniaku team that he just assembled. It seemed worse to Arashi to appear weak of body in front of his team members, than weak of mind. So after 10 seconds of debating in his head, he broke the silence and told the truth.

"Haha. I wish it was a brawl. Now that, is something I can handle. But what I just witnessed in the captain's quarters... that is something only a true sage of the erotic arts could deal with." Arashi said, wide eyed. 

Arashi was still collecting himself, when a moment later, his subordinate, Natsuki leaped onto the eagle's nest with her tanto drawn

Good, she thinks I was in a brawl, no real reason to correct her right? But then he thought about how unbelievable that seemed to him. He could handle a brawl easily. Arashi could single-handedly kill every crew member on the ship, aside from probably the taniaku team that he just assembled. It seemed worse to Arashi to appear weak of body in front of his team members, than weak of mind. So after 10 seconds of debating in his head, he broke the silence and told the truth.

"Haha. I wish it was a brawl. Now that, is something I can handle. But what I just witnessed in the captain's quarters... that is something only a true sage of the erotic arts could deal with." Arashi said, wide eyed.

It took her about two seconds to deduce what happened. "Let me guess; the girl who's been writing love letters to you for a while showed up naked in your room. My sources are right on two counts then. She's ruthless and you can't handle women. Mark my words, captain; this weakness is deadly."

(I know.)

She sighs, "Well, we all knew your intellectual pursuits were shoddy at best. How would you describe your combat style and role? And you can't say something like smash. You have a sword, not a mace." She sits up against the wall near her bedroom and looks at him.

As if reading his mind, Fenikku instantly lost his first response. As he sat there thinking about it, he finally decided, "Hitting stuff really hard!" He looked around but Natsumi was gone. Fearing another test, Fenikku sat there and patiently waited for her to show up with further commands for him.

"DAMNIT!" Arashi said angrily, "Don't you think I know that? It seems everyone in this world but me is completely fine with things of the sexual nature. But whenever I have to go through that stuff, my body just seizes up. I am fine around men... but I can't even bathe at the hotsprings of the main baracks unless I know no female is around. And Haruki..... HARUKI DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE A HINT! I don't even really like her. I mean... she's not ugly by any stretch... but I don't feel any strong feelings towards her. How am I supposed to be a badass leader when I get tripped up by the sight of a naked woman?" Arashi finished in a frustrated sigh. 

Arashi looked out of the eagle's nest into the horizon. The sun was setting and there was nothing around but the orange ocean as far as the eye could see. 

"Magic is definitely useful." She commented with a grin as she watched the wood slowly engulf in flames. Rin nodded as she leaned back "Sounds good." She said as she felt comforted by the heat of the now lit campfire.

Saigo got out of his bath once he noticed the sun start to set off in the distance. He practically got carried after in his bath, seeing way more time passed then he thought since he got in. He cleaned himself off and ringed out his hair as he put his clothes back on. After strapping his weapons back up he made his trek back to the camp. "The Onijin should probably be sleeping if we leave for the temple now." He commented as he reappeared back at the camp after a few minutes of walking. 

"Magic has its ups and downs." She replied Rin. Akira turned her head slightly and looked at the sun. It covered the entire place with its radiant colours, painting the trees with its light. She could feel the breezy air of the night blowing in. The warmth of the fire wrapped around them like a blanket. She hopped back up to her feet when she heard footsteps heading her way. "Oh, it's just you." She said with relief. "Should we go now? It's about to get dark and we still have to make our way there." Akira questioned Saigo. Edited by Azura

"DAMNIT!" Arashi said angrily, "Don't you think I know that? It seems everyone in this world but me is completely fine with things of the sexual nature. But whenever I have to go through that stuff, my body just seizes up. I am fine around men... but I can't even bathe at the hotsprings of the main baracks unless I know no female is around. And Haruki..... HARUKI DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE A HINT! I don't even really like her. I mean... she's not ugly by any stretch... but I don't feel any strong feelings towards her. How am I supposed to be a badass leader when I get tripped up by the sight of a naked woman?" Arashi finished in a frustrated sigh.

Arashi looked out of the eagle's nest into the horizon. The sun was setting and there was nothing around but the orange ocean as far as the eye could see.

"Well, I suppose you could order the ship nude until you could handle yourself. Honestly, this isn't a problem most people would think of exploiting." She stands and looks out next to him. "A new topic then. Fenniku is much smarter than he acts, but lacks a lot of the grace and coordination that comes with a traditional training. Getting him into a state where he can act properly in public will be difficult."

Saigo turned off towards the direction of the temple and nodded. "Yes, we'll want to go now before it's too late." He said as he started off towards the temple. He moved through the forest far quieter now, keeping his noise to a minimum. Rin followed close behind the ground as she surveyed the landscape. He glanced over to Akira as he walked "Seeing this mission is going to last quite some time. And the reports I've read only list your abilities. What exactly is your story?" He asked. "I hope that doesn't sound too intrusive." He added afterwards awkwardly. It was clear that talking to people in a friendly way wasn't exactly his strong-suit.

"Ha, I hightly doubt that such a thing would actually temper me into being comfortable around things of the sexual nature from the opposite sex." Arashi smiled at the hilarious thought of a pirate ship coming across their ship and seeing everyone naked on it. "No... this is my personal battle, something that only I can overcome by myself. But thanks for the idea."