Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Friendship Rules for MLP Monopoly?

greatmaul

Hi!  We recently purchased the MLP Monopoly game and have found it to be rather... unfriendly.  Making other ponies go bankrupt and mortgage their homes just to pay your rent doesn't seem to keep with the spirit of the show. 

With that in mind, I have tried to make a new set of rules to make the game more... magic?  They seem a little sparse, though, so I wonder if anypony can help to flesh these out.  Comments?  Suggestions?  Help?

So I present:  My Little Pony: Friendship Monopoly is Magic!

(the rules)

My Little Pony - Friendship Monopoly is Magic!

The objective of this game is to rebuild Equestria in time for the Summer Sun Celebration!  The game ends when each space has a home on it.

1. Each pony starts out with their "home."  

2. Money paid to the "bank" goes to a party fund in the center of the board.  Each time you donate money to the fund, that amount is added to your party donations list.  The pony who made the most donations to the party fund at the end of the game gets the element of Laughter.

3. Ponies who are sent to jail are sent there to visit/assist the ponies there.  The number of times you land on "just visiting" counts as one visit.  If you are "sent to jail" that counts as 4 visits.  At the end of the game the pony who visited most often gets the element of Kindness.

4. If you run out of money, $500 bits will be given from the royal treasury, and you will be given a token towards the element of Loyalty.  At the end of the game the pony who has been the most loyal to Equestria will get the element of Loyalty.

5. Each "Community Chest" card is kept and counted.  At the end of the game the pony with the most Community Chest card receives the element of Honesty.

6. Each "Chance" Card is kept and counted.  At the end of the game the pony with the most Chance cards receives the element of Magic.

7. Rent is considered a donation to the pony who is rebuilding that space to help with renovations.  Monies paid for rent is counted and at the end of the game the pony who has helped other ponies the most with their renovations will receive the element of Generosity.

8. Ponies landing on Free Space will get the money in the Party Fund.

Edited by greatmaul

Well, that is the main point of the game of Monopoly after all, but new rules could be established I think.

For example, instead of buying, I guess you could share the market and money?

Not really sure since I haven't played the game in quite a while.   

• Brohoof 1

When I clicked that there was an error. Also it's not intentional in monopoly for them to go bankrupt, it just happens. Though I do question them buying each others' property.

I'm sorry I'll try to type the whole thing up.  It wouldn't let me cut and paste and for some reason the upload is wonky.

Actually though... um.. that's kind of the rules of Monopoly.  The game ends when everyone else goes bankrupt.

Can't open the attachements...

Sorry I figured out the mechanism for pasting.  I must be new to this.

Well monopoly is monopoly. You always can imagine that even for mane 6 it's just game. Even in cartoon we can see competition between them.

ok I got the rules up finally.  Check it out and see what you think.  I'm just trying to make a fun game where my little one doesn't end up crying because Pinkie Pie lost her house.

• 2 weeks later...