Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Answer the question above you.

~asdf~

oh come on! the last time i studied biology was 3 years ago!!! i can look up on my old books but it will be cheating... it is pretty a mess btw

what is the frequency of the alternate current used In Europe (if u american) or in 'merica (if u european)

48 cakes!

would you kiss a pony if she asked nicely

... 60 hz in 'merica, 50hz in Europe

nope, i am in love and i am faithful unto death

batpony unicorn or batpony pegasus?

dont remember to well but lets see 

1. Citrate

2.Isocitrate

3.alpha-ketoglutarate

4. succinyl-coenzyme A 

5. succinate

6.Fumarate

7. Malate

8. oxaloacetate

Also i know there is 3 major events the happen during the Krebs cycle but don't quote me on that its been way to long since bio science

NVM

Love is the trust you put in someone, and you are able to sacrifice everything for a person/thing 

Would Batman make a Great Villain? as in he would succeed in his schemes?

Edited by Dark Heart
  • Brohoof 1

A: Naw, he is a perfect combination of bodacious and rad that cannot spoil.

And he would look like he is trying too hard if he was bad.

Q: Why must you tear me apart, Lisa?!

the-room1.png

Ponies. Megan as unicorn, Danny as Pegasus, and Molly as an Earth Pony

What are the steps of the Krebs Cycle?

Step 1:

The acetic acid subunit of acetyl CoA is combined with oxaloacetate to form a molecule of citrate.  The acetyl coenzyme A acts only as a transporter of acetic acid from one enzyme to another.  After Step 1, the coenzyme is released by hydrolysis so that it may combine with another acetic acid molecule to begin the Krebs cycle again.

Step 2:

The citric acid molecule undergoes an isomerization.  A hydroxyl group and a hydrogen molecule are removed from the citrate structure in the form of water.  The two carbons form a double bond until the water molecule is added back.  Only now, the hydroxyl group and hydrogen molecule are reversed with respect to the original structure of the citrate molecule.  Thus, isocitrate is formed.

Step 3:

In this step, the isocitrate molecule is oxidized by a NAD molecule.  The NAD molecule is reduced by the hydrogen atom and the hydroxyl group.   The NAD binds with a hydrogen atom and carries off the other hydrogen atom leaving a carbonyl group.  This structure is very unstable, so a molecule of CO2 is released creating alpha-ketoglutarate.

Step 4:

In this step, our friend, coenzyme A, returns to oxidize the alpha-ketoglutarate molecule.  A molecule of NAD is reduced again to form NADH and leaves with another hydrogen.  This instability causes a carbonyl group to be released as carbon dioxide and a thioester bond is formed in its place between the former alpha-ketoglutarate and coenzyme A to create a molecule of succinyl-coenzyme Acomplex.

Step 5:

A water molecule sheds its hydrogen atoms to coenzyme A.  Then, a free-floating phosphate group displaces coenzyme A and forms a bond with the succinyl complex.  The phosphate is then transferred to a molecule of GDP to produce an energy molecule of GTP.  It leaves behind a molecule of succinate.

Step 6:

In this step, succinate is oxidized by a molecule of FAD (Flavin adenine dinucleotide).  The FAD removes two hydrogen atoms from the succinate and forces a double bond to form between the two carbon atoms, thus creating fumarate.

Step 7:

An enzyme adds water to the fumarate molecule to form malate.   The malate is created by adding one hydrogen atom to a carbon atom and then adding a hydroxyl group to a carbon next to a terminal carbonyl group.

Step 8:

In this final step, the malate molecule is oxidized by a NAD molecule.  The carbon that carried the hydroxyl group is now converted into a carbonyl group.  The end product is oxaloacetate which can then combine with acetyl-coenzyme A and begin the Krebs cycle all over again.

Done deal, mofo.

Edited by Sweetie Belle
  • Brohoof 3

A.

BEcause i'm in a bad B Movie whit corny lines

Is evil real or is it just a concept of someone's belief's. (and no i don't mean based of religion)

Edited by Dark Heart

A: Naw, he is a perfect combination of bodacious and rad that cannot spoil.

And he would look like he is trying too hard if he was bad.

Q: Why must you tear me apart, Lisa?!

img-2118121-1-the-room1.png

Step 1:

The acetic acid subunit of acetyl CoA is combined with oxaloacetate to form a molecule of citrate.  The acetyl coenzyme A acts only as a transporter of acetic acid from one enzyme to another.  After Step 1, the coenzyme is released by hydrolysis so that it may combine with another acetic acid molecule to begin the Krebs cycle again.

Step 2:

The citric acid molecule undergoes an isomerization.  A hydroxyl group and a hydrogen molecule are removed from the citrate structure in the form of water.  The two carbons form a double bond until the water molecule is added back.  Only now, the hydroxyl group and hydrogen molecule are reversed with respect to the original structure of the citrate molecule.  Thus, isocitrate is formed.

Step 3:

In this step, the isocitrate molecule is oxidized by a NAD molecule.  The NAD molecule is reduced by the hydrogen atom and the hydroxyl group.   The NAD binds with a hydrogen atom and carries off the other hydrogen atom leaving a carbonyl group.  This structure is very unstable, so a molecule of CO2 is released creating alpha-ketoglutarate.

Step 4:

In this step, our friend, coenzyme A, returns to oxidize the alpha-ketoglutarate molecule.  A molecule of NAD is reduced again to form NADH and leaves with another hydrogen.  This instability causes a carbonyl group to be released as carbon dioxide and a thioester bond is formed in its place between the former alpha-ketoglutarate and coenzyme A to create a molecule of succinyl-coenzyme Acomplex.

Step 5:

A water molecule sheds its hydrogen atoms to coenzyme A.  Then, a free-floating phosphate group displaces coenzyme A and forms a bond with the succinyl complex.  The phosphate is then transferred to a molecule of GDP to produce an energy molecule of GTP.  It leaves behind a molecule of succinate.

Step 6:

In this step, succinate is oxidized by a molecule of FAD (Flavin adenine dinucleotide).  The FAD removes two hydrogen atoms from the succinate and forces a double bond to form between the two carbon atoms, thus creating fumarate.

Step 7:

An enzyme adds water to the fumarate molecule to form malate.   The malate is created by adding one hydrogen atom to a carbon atom and then adding a hydroxyl group to a carbon next to a terminal carbonyl group.

Step 8:

In this final step, the malate molecule is oxidized by a NAD molecule.  The carbon that carried the hydroxyl group is now converted into a carbonyl group.  The end product is oxaloacetate which can then combine with acetyl-coenzyme A and begin the Krebs cycle all over again.

Done deal, mofo.

And THIS is why we're friends.

OT: I guess to glorify God? there really is no true meaning to life, just what you were brought up believing.

anyone else think that Jappleack is awesome?

I guess not, but salade is better when there is sauce everywhere, no?...

Actualy, google traslate isn't helping me on this one :P

What does it mean to be?

Edited by Shadling

Twilight, though I would shake Octavia's hand hoof. I'm not sure how I would approach Vinyl though...

what do you want for Christmas and what would you be willing to sacrifice for it?

Edited by Cwanky

Depends on what you're looking at.

How many of the king's horses and men did it take to put Humpty Dumpty back together again (aside from the fact that it took all of them)?

Edited by Cwanky